Proposal: All Bruins Trade talk - Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
What would be the cost for Puljujarvi? An AHL Prospect + Pick? Or an NHL roster player?

If you read back in the thread, the only reason why he's available is to get immediate help. So no prospect, no picks, an established NHLer that the Oilers think will help to get them to the playoffs.

Chris Wagner should do the trick.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
If you read back in the thread, the only reason why he's available is to get immediate help. So no prospect, no picks, an established NHLer that the Oilers think will help to get them to the playoffs.

Chris Wagner should do the trick.

Where do we sign? Wagner for Puljujarvi?? I'm sure it would cost a lot more than that.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

trade Krug, not Grzelcyk

In fairness, this stat is incomplete, no? What if the goals against Krug were more a a result of defensive lapses by the rest of his unit vs. him? And vice versa? They tend to play as 5 man units, so not sure how you can draw any real conclusions from that data.

I'm not really a huge Krug guy, but even I find that data kinda useless.

Reactions: BBB24

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

trade Krug, not Grzelcyk

It's the same reason why teams want Grzelcyk more. Plus he's younger, cheaper (cap hit), and under team control longer. I also think Krug is well-liked in the room by the core members of the team like Marchand and Bergeron just from watching the games. May hurt the team like the Boychuk trade did. I don't disagree though.

Reactions: Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
In fairness, this stat is incomplete, no? What if the goals against Krug were more a a result of defensive lapses by the rest of his unit vs. him? And vice versa? They tend to play as 5 man units, so not sure how you can draw any real conclusions from that data.

Most of it comes from Krug taking off low and it is an umbrella setup so if your not dropping back right away to help your caught and even still a 2 on 1 can happen.So you make a fair point .Myself I like Grizz way more but that is just me.Bruins lack of scoring suggests they cannot afford to lose a Krug.Six in one hand ,half a dozen in the other.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Jesse Puljujärvi - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Officially on the block according to Elliotte Friedman

my faith in edmontons ability to develop kids is... next to nil

if there was one team I would be willing to gamble on a cast off... its here

but then I do get concerned that Columbus passed on him... that finnish connection? I guess a red flag should have been arisen right there on draft day.

still.. size... shot... skating... theres no reason this guy shouldn't be able to become a really solid second liner... and he should be cheap for a couple years due to his slow development. let him learn from leaders like Bergeron and marchand and be guided by krejci…

id probably give Heinen and something of significance... like a first? im high on this potential home run win for us

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
To be honest I think he got an even worse return for Hall.

*this is not an endorsement*

Agreed. Reilly Smith is at least a talented player. Hall >>>> Larsson and when it is a player for player swap, it should never be that unbalanced. To me, PK Subban for Shea Weber was a great player swap.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

well i'm only half-joking...this tweet isn't really the basis for my preference of Grizz, but all things considered I think I do prefer to keep Grizz & trade Krug.

Grizz is younger, cheaper, and just a better overall player IMO. Krug's biggest advantage over Grizz is his offensive production, particularly on the powerplay, but I don't think the difference is enough to tilt the value in his favor.

As for this tweet, the shorty part of it is probably more fluky than anything and more of a problem with them forcing Pasta on the point & trying to do too much (Grizz plays on the 2nd unit which plays safer and has a 2nd D). The more telling part is the goals for per 60. You'd expect that number to favor Krug a lot more given how much we're told he's "elite" on the PP.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

but then I do get concerned that Columbus passed on him... that finnish connection? I guess a red flag should have been arisen right there on draft day.

still.. size... shot... skating... theres no reason this guy shouldn't be able to become a really solid second liner... and he should be cheap for a couple years due to his slow development. let him learn from leaders like Bergeron and marchand and be guided by krejci…

id probably give Heinen and something of significance... like a first? im high on this potential home run win for us

McDavid, Draistl, Hall, Klefbom and RNH all drafted and brought along quite well by the oil. They've had some bad picks in the past in Yakpov and Gagner but their problem lies in the front office and their mismanagement of picks and players.

The best draft since 2003 and the Oil trades out of the 1st and 2nd round for Griffen Reinhart, not giving them a pick in the first four rounds of a loaded draft.

Chia, has literally wrecked that team with his transactions. Trading Hall for Larsson, a first and 2nd in the best draft in years for Griffin Reinhart, Joran Eberle for Ryan strome and then trading him for Spooner, trading Justin Schultsz for a 3rd, trading a 2nd,3rd for cam talbot.

Add to that the terrible contract he gave Looch.

I mean without Chia at the helm, the oil would be loaded and a Cup favorite. They could have an offense, that no one could handle.McDavid,Draistl,Hall, Eberle,RNH and Barzal.

With that money they gave Looch, they could of signed a stud defenseman too go along with Klefbom, Nurse and Schultz and this isn't even saying/knowing who they would of taken with that 2nd round pick in the 2015 draft that Chia gave away.

As far as JP go's. Heinen alone would be potential over-payment.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
well i'm only half-joking...this tweet isn't really the basis for my preference of Grizz, but all things considered I think I do prefer to keep Grizz & trade Krug.

Grizz is younger, cheaper, and just a better overall player IMO. Krug's biggest advantage over Grizz is his offensive production, particularly on the powerplay, but I don't think the difference is enough to tilt the value in his favor.

As for this tweet, the shorty part of it is probably more fluky than anything and more of a problem with them forcing Pasta on the point & trying to do too much (Grizz plays on the 2nd unit which plays safer and has a 2nd D). The more telling part is the goals for per 60. You'd expect that number to favor Krug a lot more given how much we're told he's "elite" on the PP.

I'm on record: I am very worried about the next Krug contract. All things being equal, IF he's looking for elite offensive dman money AND we can get a decent haul for him this summer, I fully support trading Krug. Of course the devil is in the details, but I feel like both of those conditions seem likely.

Reactions: Strafer and Bodit9

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
McDavid, Draistl, Hall, Klefbom and RNH all drafted and brought along quite well by the oil. They've had some bad picks in the past in Yakpov and Gagner but their problem lies in the front office and their mismanagement of picks and players.

The best draft since 2003 and the Oil trades out of the 1st and 2nd round for Griffen Reinhart, not giving them a pick in the first four rounds of a loaded draft.

Chia, has literally wrecked that team with his transactions. Trading Hall for Larsson, a first and 2nd in the best draft in years for Griffin Reinhart, Joran Eberle for Ryan strome and then trading him for Spooner, trading Justin Schultsz for a 3rd, trading a 2nd,3rd for cam talbot.

Add to that the terrible contract he gave Looch.

I mean without Chia at the helm, the oil would be loaded and a Cup favorite. They could have an offense, that no one could handle.McDavid,Draistl,Hall, Eberle,RNH and Barzal.

With that money they gave Looch, they could of signed a stud defenseman too go along with Klefbom, Nurse and Schultz and this isn't even saying/knowing who they would of taken with that 2nd round pick in the 2015 draft that Chia gave away.

As far as JP go's. Heinen alone would be potential over-payment.

I don't agree with this at all. McDavid and Draisaitl hit the ground running. Hall was pushed and pressured to hard, he hated that and was unhappy there. Klefbom I dare say would be better in another org as EDM has leaned on him far too much. RNH has been nothing short of a disappointment IMO as a first overall. Its been pretty obvious to me that EDM has been pushing their talented kids out far to quickly and its not working. Considering the drafts they have had in the past 15 years they should be mopping up the league.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Why would we even want Puljujarvi?

If he was a Bruins prospect we would be asking for a first and NHL ready prospect. Since he's not, he's not worth as a reclamation project. 20 years old, 128 NHL games. 53 AHL games 15-22-37. Senyshyn 101 games 23-19-41 Hmmmm. Funny how only Bruins prospects that struggle still have value or a shot but every other team's guys are busts. Jeez what does that see about Zboril? He must be really terrible.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't agree with this at all. McDavid and Draisaitl hit the ground running. Hall was pushed and pressured to hard, he hated that and was unhappy there. Klefbom I dare say would be better in another org as EDM has leaned on him far too much. RNH has been nothing short of a disappointment IMO as a first overall. Its been pretty obvious to me that EDM has been pushing their talented kids out far to quickly and its not working. Considering the drafts they have had in the past 15 years they should be mopping up the league.

Have you watched Klefbom , the kids a stud. Hall pushed hard?

So every prospect that makes it, its because they're a cant miss prospect and they hit the ground running and are expected to be great but the ones who don't its because the Oil organization handled them wrong,not buying it.

Hall had some great years in Edmaonton and Klefbom is one of the best defenseman in the NHL today. As far as RNH he is what he is, that has nothing to do with the way the oil handled him.

Their problem Lies with Chia , he's litterally destroyed that team with some bad decision making or they would be mopping up the League.

Each team is going to have a Bust and missed picks and from what I've seen of Puljujarvi he is just that, its nothing to do with the way the oil have handled him. He is what he is and he isn't going to fetch much of a return and mostly diffidently not a Danton Heinen and a first round pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

No

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If he was a Bruins prospect we would be asking for a first and NHL ready prospect. Since he's not, he's not worth as a reclamation project. 20 years old, 128 NHL games. 53 AHL games 15-22-37. Senyshyn 101 games 23-19-41 Hmmmm. Funny how only Bruins prospects that struggle still have value or a shot but every other team's guys are busts. Jeez what does that see about Zboril? He must be really terrible.
Zboril for Edmonton's bust would be a good trade

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Haggs has a piece on Schenn and Tarasenko potentially being targets for the Bruins.

Let the nuttiness begin.. Again..

I only saw this b/c someone I follow re-tweeted it.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Ryan Johansson for Seth Jones
PK Subban for Shea Webber
Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson

...pick the one done by Chiarelli lol. I'm so glad we can finally be on the laughing end of this.

Yikes, I think there's only one fair trade in that list and it was done by one of the longest tenured GMs in the league, not the two guys in the running for the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad