Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The upgrade of Beleskey to Landeskog for 1.7 million more is worth moving a prospect not named Carlo/McAvoy. Now add in the value for the Avs and I can see 3 Bruins prospects moving.

Good news is you can start calling the Bruins prospect pool the 'dirty dozen':

1. McAvoy
2. JFK
3. Senyshyn
4. Gabriele
5. Bjork
6. Lindgren
7. Lauzon
8. DeBrusk
9. Zboril
10. Frederic
11. Carlo
12. Cehlarik

...in no particular order. These are all prospects developing at or above expectations in Boston. Let's stop and appreciate that for a second...

...and then move three of them for help right now!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Absolutely. If the Bruins can keep Carlo and McAvoy while adding Landeskog and getting rid of Beleskey's contract, it will be a win for the Bruins. Dom mentioned Landeskog being able to play all three different forward positions. Given his talent, I think that puts the Bruins at ease if they are losing two of their better forward prospects. The Bruins will still have a fairly deep prospect pool even after they make the trade.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I never realized Donato was so high of a prospect. Great to know for sure. Guys, are the Bruins top 5, top 10 in prospects?? Where do they stand compared to the other 29 teams??

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I share your pain. Running joke with my buddies is how many times I penciled in Lashoff as the future #1 paired with Chara.

I hear you man, I thought he was going to be a top pairing for sure.

Check this out, Toivonen huge bust, Kalus bust, Lashoff bust, Karsums bust, Stuart servicable, Rask and Krejci pretty much as good as it gets.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=128191487

11. Boston Bruins
Strengths: Boston’s greatest strength lies between the pipes. In Tuukka Rask, the Bruins have arguably the top goaltending prospect in the world. Also, in spite of an up-and-down year this past season, fellow Finn Hannu Toivonen is still young and full of potential, assuming he can rebound next season. Boston is still strong up the middle as well, with Petr Kalus and David Krejci serving as strong scoring threats from the position. They also have a solid group of blue liners, headlined by Matt Lashoff and Mark Stuart.
Weaknesses: Boston lacks any semblance of scoring on the wings. Their top prospect on the side is Martins Karsums, who is more an energy player than a scorer. Left wing Milan Lucic is improving, but still has plenty of work to do.
Top Five Prospects: Tuukka Rask (G), Matt Lashoff (D), Petr Kalus (C), Mark Stuart (D), David Krejci (C)

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...ganizational_rankings115/#cpjM3gh5stdp7EJT.99

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Donato seems damn near untouchable

Lol, just when I think you can agree on actual value of our pool, you make Donato untouchable and don't think a list of 12 solid prospects is enough?

Serious question to keep your objectivity here:

Name three Bruins prospects you don't like.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I never realized Donato was so high of a prospect. Great to know for sure. Guys, are the Bruins top 5, top 10 in prospects?? Where do they stand compared to the other 29 teams??

Honestly, maybe 8-12?

If you read here too often and don't watch other teams or visit other boards you'd think top 3.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Donato seems damn near untouchable

I didn't realize he was that highly regarded by Bruins management. Certainly not higher than JFK who I assumed they were totally head of heels for. This is a good thing I guess, Donato seemed like a bit of a forgotten prospect when Bruins top prospects have been discussed.

Of these 3, if you have to give up one, which would you give up.

Donato

JFK

Frederic

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire

Check this out, Toivonen huge bust, Kalus bust, Lashoff bust, Karsums bust, Stuart servicable, Rask and Krejci pretty much as good as it gets.

11. Boston Bruins
Strengths: Boston’s greatest strength lies between the pipes. In Tuukka Rask, the Bruins have arguably the top goaltending prospect in the world. Also, in spite of an up-and-down year this past season, fellow Finn Hannu Toivonen is still young and full of potential, assuming he can rebound next season. Boston is still strong up the middle as well, with Petr Kalus and David Krejci serving as strong scoring threats from the position. They also have a solid group of blue liners, headlined by Matt Lashoff and Mark Stuart.
Weaknesses: Boston lacks any semblance of scoring on the wings. Their top prospect on the side is Martins Karsums, who is more an energy player than a scorer. Left wing Milan Lucic is improving, but still has plenty of work to do.
Top Five Prospects: Tuukka Rask (G), Matt Lashoff (D), Petr Kalus (C), Mark Stuart (D), David Krejci (C)

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...ganizational_rankings115/#cpjM3gh5stdp7EJT.99

was this when Stuart was the next Scott Stevens? man...

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

11. Boston Bruins

LAshoff and Karsums were part of one of the best trades Chiarelli ever made.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

11. Boston Bruins

And the guy who arguably turned out the best winger in the organization at the time was Marchand who doesn't even get a mention.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
was this when Stuart was the next Scott Stevens? man...

LAshoff and Karsums were part of one of the best trades Chiarelli ever made.

What a bunch of plugs:laugh:, that is the reason that now I don't value our lower end prospects as much.

Out of CPs list I bet 3-5 make it and the rest will be AHLers or European players and the Zach Hamills of this world, in the words of Metallica, Sad but True!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't realize he was that highly regarded by Bruins management. Certainly not higher than JFK who I assumed they were totally head of heels for. This is a good thing I guess, Donato seemed like a bit of a forgotten prospect when Bruins top prospects have been discussed.

Of these 3, if you have to give up one, which would you give up.

Donato

JFK

Frederic

JFK is my favorite prospect I don't want him in it

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I think there comes a point where some of these guys 'have' to move.

I think that point is now. If for no other reason than the hype is certainly getting big around them and prospect pools never live up to the hype.

The more practical reason is that there's a solid group of vets on this team yet they still kinda stink. It's time to infuse this roster with young talent that can help now, not just in 3-5 years. There's an abundance of kids who people believe will help in 3-5 years, so lets package a few and step on the gas here.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It's more Boston wanting him in and most Avs fans being fine with contract coming in (especially a NHL one they can expose in the expansion draft) if it means a sweeter prospect included.

We'd all agree that Beleskey has negative value here but the real equation is 'cap >/< prospect potential'.

How much prospect do you give up for how much cap?

Beleskey out and Landeskog in strictly from a cap perspective means 1.7 million added to upgrade from one to the other. Pretty solid addition there.

I would rather give up lesser prospects and see if we can deal Beleskey and Khudobin to the Islanders for Halak. NYI may like Beleskey they were looking for wingers not long ago and Halak is the odd man out there.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
I would rather give up lesser prospects and see if we can deal Beleskey and Khudobin to the Islanders for Halak. NYI may like Beleskey they were looking for wingers not long ago and Halak is the odd man out there.

16869d7c741e57cf13a60f19b4dc0aa192a95981b7a852627c072ec93600b931.jpg

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
JFK is my favorite prospect I don't want him in it

I'm with you on that. I can't say JFK is my favorite Bruins prospect, but he's my favorite center and right-handed forward.

Eugene Melnyk brushed off Ottawa even considering dealing Colin White, and I'd put JFK in the same stratosphere.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I think that point is now. If for no other reason than the hype is certainly getting big around them and prospect pools never live up to the hype.

The more practical reason is that there's a solid group of vets on this team yet they still kinda stink. It's time to infuse this roster with young talent that can help now, not just in 3-5 years. There's an abundance of kids who people believe will help in 3-5 years, so lets package a few and step on the gas here.

Agreed 100%.

At some point you have to take a chance......it could pan out and it could not. Considering right now these prospects are nothing more then 'just prospects'...most of the time that means they could go either way: Good or Bad.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Honestly, maybe 8-12?

If you read here too often and don't watch other teams or visit other boards you'd think top 3.

To be honest we don't have the high end talent that many other teams have (likely towards the bottom in the league here). We have McAvoy that looks like a game breaker, and a bunch of players that fall under "Well, maybe". However, if you are looking at prospect depth purely from the standpoint of total NHL games to be played by the group. I would put us in the top 3. We have the prospect depth.

High end talent = not really
Likely to play in the NHL = we have 10+ guys that could legitimately have a respectable career (400 games+, 100-200 points, or #3-6 nhl D-man)

Quantity vs Quality debate. The way I see it, if we can get 7 of these guys into our roster that can contribute long term. We will have a shot at a cup or two.

McAvoy, Heinen, JFK, Fitzgerald, Donato, Debrusk, Cehlarik, Gabrielle, Blidh, Senyshin, Subban, McIntyre, Zboril, Lauzon, O'Gara, Grz, Njork, Lindgren, Frederic...

Let's not forget the young guys currently on the roster in Carlo, Czarnik, Vatrano, and Pasta.

pisele

Jan 9, 2017
California
Just trying to look at things another way:

Landskog is a LW

Big Club:
LW:
Marchand
Beleskey
Cehlarik
Vatrano

Ton of prospects at LW:
DeBrusk
Bjork
Gabrielle
Blidh (He is a Right Shot)

With Landeskog coming in, how in the heck do they have room for all of the LW prospects after Marchand and Landeskog? My guess is that a LW prospect goes in this alleged deal. Sack will have to replace a LW as well.

RW:
Pastrnak
Backes (yes I know he plays C as well)
Hayes

Prospects:
Senyshyn
Randell
Who else worth a mention?

If I am the Bruins, I do not trade the one solid RW prospect I have in Senyshyn! Take him off the table.

Center:
Bergeron
Krejci
Spooner
Nash
Czarnik

Prospects:
JFK
Donato
Frederic
Kuraly
Heinen (listed as a C, but seems like he might play wing in the pros? He is a Right Shot.)
Acciari

We all know what the D prospects are. Zboril, Lauzon, Lindgren, McAvoy (don't do it), O'Gara and Carlo who is in the lineup, I also like Chiller a lot.
Agree with DKH, if Carlo is not involved the price is a D prospect, LW prospect and a Center prospect or #1 pick. Seems like 4 pieces is a lot though. But perhaps 3 pieces works if a lineup player is involved? Just a guess.

BTW, Fonz has somewhat convinced me as has Dom on this deal. Not completely convinced on Carlo in the deal because it leaves a huge hole in the lineup. Perhaps another deal for a D to follow?

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
No one wants to trade Carlo or McAvoy, so I will throw another out there to see what the reaction is....

To Colorado...

Spooner, draft pick, prospect like DeBrusk/Zboril....and Colin Miller

Are people more willing to move Colin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad