Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dan may be overreacting a bit. One of his binkies (JFK) and two of mine (JFK and Heinen) are probably guys the Avs desire :laugh:

I think even if the B's do this deal, their farm system will be in better shape than it's been in years.

Not hard to put 2 and 2 and 2 together based on who was where and get something like this

Gabrielle JFK one of Zboril or Lauzon and a first for Landeskog

You keep Carlo and get the player but traded 4 assets including 3 of your top 12 prospects

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Not hard to put 2 and 2 and 2 together based on who was where and get something like this

You keep Carlo and get the player but traded 4 assets including 3 of your top 12 prospects

Honestly I'd be 100% disappointed in losing JFK, 50% disappointed in losing Gabrielle, but ok w/ the 1st and JL or JZ

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Out of curiosity, anyone think there's a chance they downgrade the D heading over but upgrade the prospect?

How about something like Zboril, Vatrano, Beleskey and Gabrielle?

It'd hurt to lose Vatrano, but if we've already locked up the top 2 LW and can manage to keep Carlo and McAvoy, it might be worth it. Zboril is a complete wildcard to me, and probably holds more trade value than actual value with his potential anyways.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Jeez how many assets are we looking at here for Landeskog....3...4.....5?

Well, Boston got three for Lucic so I'd expect that Landeskog is also worth three given his age, contract and skills.

Three dimes for a quarter. Man, I would love to be the team for once getting the quarter.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Would Beleskey be included? I think given the Bruins' prospect pool depth they could afford to make this deal if they feel like Landeskog is a game changer.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

I think if you can do it while keeping Carlo it's a no brainer

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Would Beleskey be included? I think given the Bruins' prospect pool depth they could afford to make this deal if they feel like Landeskog is a game changer.

The upgrade of Beleskey to Landeskog for 1.7 million more is worth moving a prospect not named Carlo/McAvoy. Now add in the value for the Avs and I can see 3 Bruins prospects moving.

Good news is you can start calling the Bruins prospect pool the 'dirty dozen':

1. McAvoy
2. JFK
3. Senyshyn
4. Gabriele
5. Bjork
6. Lindgren
7. Lauzon
8. DeBrusk
9. Zboril
10. Frederic
11. Carlo
12. Cehlarik

...in no particular order. These are all prospects developing at or above expectations in Boston. Let's stop and appreciate that for a second...

...and then move three of them for help right now!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
The older I get the less I have a love for prospects.

Over the years I have held guys so high that they just crush my spirit.

2007-2012 guys that I thought were going to be better then they are or even make the show are as follows.

Caron
Colbourne
Sauve
Button
Knight
Chudinov
Koko
Camara
Subban
Griffith

Hamilton
Seguin
Spooner

are the only guys that made an impact and Seguin was a no brainer, so was Hamilton, Spooner is the only one that has made a decent impact in all those years.

If we can get Landeskog for a couple later picks, sign me up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Change JFK to Donato, and that 1st better be 2017.

And I'd make that deal.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013

It was suck losing both JFK and Lauzon...

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
The upgrade of Beleskey to Landeskog for 1.7 million more is worth moving a prospect not named Carlo/McAvoy. Now add in the value for the Avs and I can see 3 Bruins prospects moving.

1. McAvoy
2. JFK
3. Senyshyn
4. Gabriele
5. Bjork
6. Lindgren
7. Lauzon
8. DeBrusk
9. Zboril
10. Frederic
11. Carlo
12. Cehlarik

...in no particular order. These are all prospects developing at or above expectations in Boston. Let's stop and appreciate that for a second...

At this point, I don't think Carlo is a prospect. But, what do you guys think about it: Landeskog for 1st 2017, JFK, Zboril/Lauzon, Beleskey (cap resons) and a 2018 pick (3rd?).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Why would Colorado want Beleskey makes 0 sense

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

2007-2012 guys that I thought were going to be better then they are or even make the show are as follows.

Caron
Colbourne
Sauve
Button
Knight
Chudinov
Koko
Camara
Subban
Griffith

Hamilton
Seguin
Spooner

are the only guys that made an impact and Seguin was a no brainer, so was Hamilton, Spooner is the only one that has made a decent impact in all those years.

I share your pain. Running joke with my buddies is how many times I penciled in Lashoff as the future #1 paired with Chara.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Colin Miller
Jakub Zorbil
Matt Beleskey
JFK
1st 2017

Lando
Iggy

That package is rough. Beleskey for Iginla is a slight net win because Iginla is off the books next year, so that's good. But that basically means Colin, Zboril, JFK and a 1st for Landeskog? That seems like overpay.

Last edited:

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland

Caron
Colbourne
Sauve
Button
Knight
Chudinov
Koko
Camara
Subban
Griffith

Hamilton
Seguin
Spooner

Is it just a coincidence that those were drafted during the PC era?? Since Sweeney took over, I think he has done a much better job of drafting legitimate quality prospects. If Carlo is any indication. Still, I guess we wont know for certain until they play with the big boys..

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

1. McAvoy
2. JFK
3. Senyshyn
4. Gabriele
5. Bjork
6. Lindgren
7. Lauzon
8. DeBrusk
9. Zboril
10. Frederic
11. Carlo
12. Cehlarik

Donato & Heinen?

You list Carlo but Pastrnak is 20 Vatrano 22 Chiller 23

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Why would Colorado want Beleskey makes 0 sense

It's more Boston wanting him in and most Avs fans being fine with contract coming in (especially a NHL one they can expose in the expansion draft) if it means a sweeter prospect included.

We'd all agree that Beleskey has negative value here but the real equation is 'cap >/< prospect potential'.

How much prospect do you give up for how much cap?

Beleskey out and Landeskog in strictly from a cap perspective means 1.7 million added to upgrade from one to the other. Pretty solid addition there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad