Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He has value. Would be happy to have him on the team. Wouldn't be very happy if the return is the rumored Carlo+1st+good prospect(s) price tough...

You have to give to get I guess?

It is impressive that Carlo has been able to come in and play 20+ minutes as a 19 year old.

I'm not disputing that in the slightest.

Now, I am not saying I share this opinion, but what if the B's (after having watched him for 2/3 of a season) feel that he's never going to be a 1st pair guy and that Colin Miller can handle Top 4 minutes? If that is the case, then I can see why they might move Carlo for a guy they feel is a building block having an off year on a bad team.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012

It is impressive that Carlo has been able to come in and play 20+ minutes as a 19 year old.

Now, I am not saying I share this opinion, but what if the B's (after having watched him for 2/3 of a season) feel that he's never going to be a 1st pair guy and that Colin Miller can handle Top 4 minutes? If that is the case, then I can see why they might move Carlo for a guy they feel is a building block having an off year on a bad team.

But even if he's not a first pair talent, if Carlo proves he can play in the top 4 regularly, isn't that still a bad idea, giving that away? I think a lot of this hinges on whether or not Colin can consistently be a top 4 kind of player. If he can, hey, that's terrific.

It just feels like Boston would have to give away a lot in order to get Landeskog. First they have to have Carlo, and not only on top of that, get a first round pick, and THEN, on top of that suck salad, a decent prospect has to be thrown in as well??? It's just concerning, to me, because I don't wan to see the B's revert back to horrendous D in their own zone with only one great goaltender and no decent backup goalie in sight for who knows how long. I'm not sold on McAvoy or any D prospects until they prove otherwise in NHL games.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Exciting times here. Chelarik could be a factor. The deadline is still weeks away, I'm curious to see him on Krejci's wing for another half dozen games or so, before a move is made on Landeskog.

Are there any other rumored available players out there? Teams who could be in a cap crunch? Looking to move an asset out for some prospects/ pick? A player without the clout of a Landeskog?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well I'm going to have to digest this when they announce it

Marchand & Landeskog will be your top 2 LW barring the unexpected so I understand that 1 or 2 left wing prospects are going

Bergeron & Krejci are here and Boston has 3 very good center prospects all different from each other - JFK Donato Frederic so one could be on move (Donato would be shocking and Frederic is that big skilled power center teams have trouble finding) JFK will be a bummer if in it

I commend Chiarelli Sweeney Gretzky Bradley and all the scouts that loaded them up- from Pastrnak on down their quality & quantity has them in a good spot

They do this deal I'm hearing they need to land Bjork though - he's the real deal and will replace traded guys assuming he's not part of this and why would he

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Like I said, I'm not against trading Carlo for Landeskog. I'm against trading him+++.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Exciting times here. Chelarik could be a factor. The deadline is still weeks away, I'm curious to see him on Krejci's wing for another half dozen games or so, before a move is made on Landeskog.

Are there any other rumored available players out there? Teams who could be in a cap crunch? Looking to move an asset out for some prospects/ pick? A player without the clout of a Landeskog?

It would be nice to talk about trade bait other than Colorado Avalanche players.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
But even if he's not a first pair talent, if Carlo proves he can play in the top 4 regularly, isn't that still a bad idea, giving that away? I think a lot of this hinges on whether or not Colin can consistently be a top 4 kind of player. If he can, hey, that's terrific.

It just feels like Boston would have to give away a lot in order to get Landeskog. First they have to have Carlo, and not only on top of that, get a first round pick, and THEN, on top of that suck salad, a decent prospect has to be thrown in as well??? It's just concerning, to me, because I don't wan to see the B's revert back to horrendous D in their own zone with only one great goaltender and no decent backup goalie in sight for who knows how long. I'm not sold on McAvoy or any D prospects until they prove otherwise in NHL games.

I agree for the most part. Have posted numerous times that I'm a "build from the back end out" guy and would prefer they hold onto Carlo, C-Mac, and Chiller.

That being said, I love Landeskog, and think he would be a great Bruin. If they can get him without giving up Carlo, that would probably be my preferred method, depending on how much was going the other way.

ps I am sold on McAvoy, think he's going to be a stud, with a capital S.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire

Marchand & Landeskog will be your top 2 LW barring the unexpected so I understand that 1 or 2 left wing prospects are going

Bergeron & Krejci are here and Boston has 3 very good center prospects all different from each other - JFK Donato Frederic so one could be on move (Donato would be shocking and Frederic is that big skilled power center teams have trouble finding) JFK will be a bummer if in it

I commend Chiarelli Sweeney Gretzky Bradley and all the scouts that loaded them up- from Pastrnak on down their quality & quantity has them in a good spot

They do this deal I'm hearing they need to land Bjork though - he's the real deal and will replace traded guys assuming he's not part of this and why would he

If these are hints the only thing I'm coming out of it is Heinen.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Jeez how many assets are we looking at here for Landeskog....3...4.....5?

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

I just don't see how they could make that determination at this point?

I'm not completely opposed to the rumoured trade, I was originally but after listening to people i respect fully on board with it I've softened on it a bit.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Great dialogue for the third day in a row here.

Let's see if it materializes here in the next 48. I bet Boston would love to move on from the whole 'saving Montreal's season for them' talk.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Jeez how many assets are we looking at here for Landeskog....3...4.....5?

Dan may be overreacting a bit. One of his binkies (JFK) and two of mine (JFK and Heinen) are probably guys the Avs desire :laugh:

I think even if the B's do this deal, their farm system will be in better shape than it's been in years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I just don't see how they could make that determination at this point?

I'm not completely opposed to the rumoured trade, I was originally but after listening to people i respect fully on board with it I've softened on it a bit.

I'm not sure? There are guys on the B's that get paid a helluva lot more than I do to make these types of decisions.

One would think that a 19 year old who came in and was capable of playing 20+ min per game, is only going to get better (and overcome that rookie wall).

However, there have been guys who came in and impressed as rooks, only to fade after. I think COL had a guy like this, Elliot. I think he was a little older, but came in and impressed as a rookie, and now he's in the KHL.

I'm glad I DON'T have to make these decisions.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I'm not sure? There are guys on the B's that get paid a helluva lot more than I do to make these types of decisions.

One would think that a 19 year old who came in and was capable of playing 20+ min per game, is only going to get better (and overcome that rookie wall).

However, there have been guys who came in and impressed as rooks, only to fade after. I think COL had a guy like this, Elliot. I think he was a little older, but came in and impressed as a rookie, and now he's in the KHL.

I'm glad I DON'T have to make these decisions.

I can definitely see why there is hesitation on both sides on this one, it's not a call I'd want to have to make. I can't even make up my mind.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I'm almost the opposite; he looked so good that my prospect fear is that they will never look as good as the start. Sad, but right now he looks like a top 6 and we can dream right?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
If it's Carlo plus 2 or 3 other prospects, then I'm out. I think Carlo, Beleskey as a salary drop, and a second tier prospect is about my ceiling for Landeskog

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Dan may be overreacting a bit. One of his binkies (JFK) and two of mine (JFK and Heinen) are probably guys the Avs desire :laugh:

I think even if the B's do this deal, their farm system will be in better shape than it's been in years.

I'm with Dan on JFK...of the 3 guys who are currently playing center at the amateur level, JFK is the one I least want to part with, followed by Frederic, then Donato.

Sadly, when looking at left-shot wingers, Heinen isn't at the top for me right now. I certainly don't want to move him, but I like Debrusk, Cehlarik, and Bjork more than Heinen, who I also like, his positional play is exceptional. I could go Gabrielle to Colorado instead of Heinen as well

If Colorado would accept a package of no current roster players, I'd go Donato + their choice of Gabrielle/Heinen + one their choice of Zboril/Lauzon/Lindgren/Sherman/Johansson + this years 1st to get it done. Essentially I'd give up the 4th asset in exchange for no current roster players of value going back (i.e. Carlo, Spooner, Vatrano, Colin).

Otherwise the most it should be is a 3 asset deal, the routine Young NHL player + top prospect + draft pick package we've seen so many Landeskog-level players dealt for (see. Ryan to Ottawa or Jordan Staal to Carolina as framework). And by young NHL player I mean Ryan Spooner, hands off Carlo/Colin/Vatrano.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I would love for Bruins to be able to afford Landeskog and not have to give up Carlo or Macavoy.

OneManIsNoMan , You're correct, you have to give in order to get and I also agree his production drop isn't a lot. But he gets a lot of icetime, plays on a line with Nathan MacKinnon, plays on #1 PP unit. The kid should be producing better but forget about that for a minute.

What happened to the Bruins 2 year search for a Trouba type defenceman?? The talk here, there, and everywhere was the Bruins are desperate for help on defence. Along comes Brandon Carlo and he surprises practically everyone and back in October, Game one, Carlo plays on the Bruins #1 unit , paired up with Chara and lo and behold, Bruins goals against average is so much better than last season. Rask is playing with more confidence and all of a sudden, Everyone is pretty much satisfied with our D. Opposite from last season, the team is having trouble scoring. Rask and the defence is keeping them in games and here we are, FINALLY 6 games above .500 after several attempts being 5 above and losing next game.

So here we are. Carlo is still on the #1 line , had some rough patches, but we expected that.. NOW, lets say Carlo never came along and we got Trouba instead, and got him very very cheap. Would the Bruins be willing to trade Trouba?? At least 2 years looking for a solid defenceman in his own end, would they trade him. In no way am I comparing Carlo to Trouba, just using him to make a point. Bruins were desperate for defensive help and now that they have it, why trade it?? Bruins have been scoring in bunches latelt compared to 2016. Right now, I love watching the Bruins play. I think they'll make the playoffs with the team they have now. Leafs have a very young team with a lot of rookies. Not being used to a grinding 82 game season, how will they do playing 14 games in March?? I think the Bruins are finally heading in the right direction, at least I hope so. 6 games above ,500 is the best they have been all season. This 4 game west coast road trip will tell a lot. San Jose game Sunday is a very winnable game. Sharks play Thurs, Sat, and Boston Sunday...HUGE game to begin road trip.. I like our chances of finishing top 3 in our division because I think we'll finish off better than the Leafs. I'm more concerned over the Panthers..

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe its the only way to keep Carlo/McAvoy out of the trade?

Maybe.

I could do 3 if it's a package built around Ryan Spooner but no Carlo/Colin/Vatrano/McAvoy

4 if it's all non-roster players/prospects and picks. And some prospects
are off-limits (see JFK, Senyshyn)

5 it would have to be a bad contract like Belesky going back the other way as the 5th asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad