Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I went to bed strongly opposed to a deal for Landeskog, this morning, not so sure...

Last night I'm thinking, Cehlarik is playing great. Don't **** with a streak. Let that line play out. Found money, right?

But what if they had the stones to use Landeskog like Kessel? Play him on the 3rd line where he could dominate matchups? Keep the Krejci line intact.

Next year, we could have a Czechoslovakian line (yes, I know), and a Sweetish line (see what I did there?) with Landeskog-JFK-Bjork.

That said, I agree that they need to find a way to make it work without involving McAvoy or Carlo.

Given what we saw the last couple games, that's the way I'd like to see it.. at least for a while. If we could get Landeskog without giving up any significant player off the roster, we could have a seriously deep lineup:

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Cehlarik-Krejci-Pastrnak
Landeskog-Spooner-Vatrano
Beleskey/Schaller-Moore-Nash/Hayes

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
This team is a textbook stand pat team. The only way I'm trading is with expansion on my mind. Anything else is forced at this point.

I'm not sure how you could look at this team as a stand pat team. For sure they aren't a team that should be "buying", but they almost have too many prospects and they clearly have holes on their NHL roster. They should be aggressively looking for "hockey" deals to fill those holes. They need a top 6 winger and a top 3 D. If they can use some of their abundance of prospects to fill those holes they should absolutely do it.

All that said, you can't trade McAvoy. Just can't.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
To those willing to trade away Carlo:

What if McAvoy busts? I know it isn't likely, but having Carlo go the other way for a potentially declining Landeskog without anyone to follow him could be potentially devastating. It won't matter how much forward help we get if our defense gets even worse.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
multiple posts from the av's board are

mac + 1st for Landy

Carlo, prospect, 1st for landy

:help:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I'll be livid if McAvoy JFK or Donato in it :laugh:

My guess is it's Carlo +

By the way Don Sweeney had one heck of a good week if you think about it

Not that I like it but I agree that Carlo is likely the one who goes in a trade for Landeskog.The B's have an abundance of RH D-men with K. Miller now forced to move over to LD, and McAvoy is soon going to be here, and he also plays RD.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Why on earth would you consider trading Carlo? Absolutely stupid.

Not arguing for trading him but that feels like a close-minded take.

If the Bruins feel McAvoy is both ready and has a higher ceiling (and I believe they do on both accounts), then probably look at him as Carlo ++ right now. If they can plug their hole on the wing by moving Carlo, and still have Lindgren, Zboril and Lauzon in the pipeline, I can see where they would be very tempted.

Right now this team needs a top 6 winger and a top 2 Dman. Not for this year alone, but going forward. Landeskog fills that first need, and I think most folks are confident McAvoy has a better chance of being a top 2 than Carlo. So if that's true I think you have to think about that kind of deal. Whether it's right or not, I don't know.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
From Bob McKenzie who was on Montreal's TSN 690 radio this morning:

"And there’s no question if the Colorado Avalanche are going to trade Gabriel Landeskog, for example, to the Boston Bruins, there’s no question that they’re going to absolutely insist on Brandon Carlo being part of the deal. Quite aside from the fact that he’s from Colorado Springs, but he’s what – a 20-year-old, going on 21-year-old, defenseman who’s proven that he’s an NHL defenseman right now.

“And the Avalanche don’t want to load up on a whole bunch of guys that have just been drafted at 18, although a guy like Sergachev may yet have appeal as part of a package. But what they’re really looking for is somebody who’s 20 or 21 or 22 or 23 that they can insert immediately into the lineup, along with a first-round pick and a couple of really good prospects."

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/mckenzie-explores-bergevins-potential-mindset-canadiens/

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
In order to get Landeskog - one of Carlo or McAvoy would have to be in the deal.
Carlo is a Colorado native. That's a big plus.

We have right shot D-men ready to climb aboard and cover (McAvoy, Millers, McQuaid). Priority would have to be on signing Charlie at the completion of his college season and bringing him up to begin seasoning.

Colin Miller's upgraded play has changed the picture a lot in my opinion. I'm will to guess management value Chiller much higher now than at the beginning of the season.

Loosing Carlo would require an NHL D-man coming back through this trade or another. 8 NHL ready defenceman are required in the playoffs.

What does this look like trade wise?
In my opinion:

Colorado:
Carlo
1st
Hayes/Belesky (1 of for cap reasons)
1 of the 3 1st rounders (Debrusk, Zobril, Senyshen)

Boston
Landeskog
3rd in 2017
Fedor Tyutin

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I'd be fine with Carlo/Mcavoy going the other way in a deal for Landeskog IF there's also a good defenseman coming back the other way.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Carlo+ for Landy trade alone would be horrible for the Bruins.

Defense, defense, defense is pretty valuable in the playoffs. You don't outscore a garbage defense in the playoffs.

Package of Landy+Barrie would have to have insane value, and I see no need for Beauch, the guy is done these days.

I'll say it again but Duchene should be the guy they are after. Set the C group for the next 8 whatever years.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
it's pretty clear that no one wants to part with a 20 year old d-man at this pint for Landeskog otherwise he'd have been traded already. I don't see a reason to give up Carlo or McAvoy at all. Hang on to them, offer up pretty much any other prospects and picks, but don't trade those guys.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I'd be fine with Carlo/Mcavoy going the other way in a deal for Landeskog IF there's also a good defenseman coming back the other way.

Like who do the Avs have to send back that would be a good defenseman? Get real.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
To bad it's not the off-season where flipping Lando to CAR for Hanifin and Lindholm would be doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad