Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
There are only 13 defensemen currently playing in the NHL that were born in '96 or later, and Carlo is one of them. He isn't even supposed to be in the NHL right now, considering his draft position.

I don't have the full list of the other 12 players, but it's obviously guys like Provorov, Werenski, Hanifin, Ekblad. Elite company. Moving him before he truly ripens would be madness.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If he's a #4 getting paid 1M per, you rub oil on your bewbs (guy or girl) and rock yourself to sleep with a smile on your face. That's how you win cups. Because lots of teams have #4's getting paid 4m and that's only going up.

You know it.He is playing some real solid hockey for Boston now.Gaining confidence by the game. Last nite he was ready to drop gloves. Not afraid of rough stuff either

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
won`t get an argument from me. I wonder what kind of price/ask Cheveldayoff would now listen to for Trouba who, once this current deal is done, is most likely going to want to get outta dodge again?

I still don`t part with CM or Carlo but...

Me either.

Just my two-cents, I don't think Winnipeg does anything with Trouba until they can get a better sense of Myers future. Because if I'm Chevy, I'm starting to have major concerns about Myers and his ability to stay healthy moving forward.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
There are only 13 defensemen currently playing in the NHL that were born in '96 or later, and Carlo is one of them. He isn't even supposed to be in the NHL right now, considering his draft position.

I don't have the full list of the other 12 players, but it's obviously guys like Provorov, Werenski, Hanifin, Ekblad. Elite company. Moving him before he truly ripens would be madness.

yep, and the optics of this, at a time when the Bruins aren`t exactly or didn`t exactly endear themselves to the fan base would be horrible.

Especially when DS has stated repeatedly his vision includes strong drafting, developing. I get you can`t retain every prospect but I think the cupboard has enough in it that a deal can be made without a move involving Carlo/McAvoy or even a JFK who I think has "it"

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I went to bed strongly opposed to a deal for Landeskog, this morning, not so sure...

Last night I'm thinking, Cehlarik is playing great. Don't **** with a streak. Let that line play out. Found money, right?

But what if they had the stones to use Landeskog like Kessel? Play him on the 3rd line where he could dominate matchups? Keep the Krejci line intact.

Next year, we could have a Czechoslovakian line (yes, I know), and a Sweetish line (see what I did there?) with Landeskog-JFK-Bjork.

That said, I agree that they need to find a way to make it work without involving McAvoy or Carlo.

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston
From rcduthie:

If the #Bruins & #Avs are on the verge of a deal it is for Gabriel Landeskog but likely to involve other parts. #NHL

Close with Kirk and Dom for what it's worth.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Me either.

Just my two-cents, I don't think Winnipeg does anything with Trouba until they can get a better sense of Myers future. Because if I'm Chevy, I'm starting to have major concerns about Myers and his ability to stay healthy moving forward.

good point, didn`t think of that but I don`t don`t get the sense Mr Trouba is overly pumped about playing in Winnipeg

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I trust you guys, and Dom. As I said, a friend of mine vouches for him all the time and I think they have a pretty good relationship.

More than anything I'm kinda just hoping for a way out of this. I'm scared the deal is for Landeskog and I just don't want to see him go. As an Avs fan it hurts. He fills a position of need, is tremendous in the defensive zone, is young and can score at will. He's a great captain and a tremendous guy. I'll be hurt if he's traded.

I understand you wanting to keep your team captain, but personally I would want Duchene over Landeskog anyway, I think with Cehlarik the Bruins found their Landeskog from within. I would trade for Duchene something like Heinen, Zboril, 20171st, Subban and maybe say Donato. No way I deal Carlo for either, only guy I think of trading Carlo for is McKinnon and would not include McAvoy, Cehalrik, JFK or DeBrusk in any deals. For McKinnon I would offer 20171st, Carlo, Heinen, Subban and either Grezlcyk or Zboril. Also any deal needs to have one cap dump going back maybe Hayes who has one year left at 2.3M

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
If they can do this without including Carlo or McAvoy then this is a no brainer. I don't get why so many people are against this. Landeskog is a 24 year old captain who can play both ways. A lot people with a sudden faith in Cehlarik over a very small sample. DO THIS DEAL NOW!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All I can say is, I'll be livid if McAvoy or JFK are in play. Donato/Fitz? Have at it.

I'll be livid if McAvoy JFK or Donato in it :laugh:

My guess is it's Carlo +

By the way Don Sweeney had one heck of a good week if you think about it

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I went to bed strongly opposed to a deal for Landeskog, this morning, not so sure...

Last night I'm thinking, Cehlarik is playing great. Don't **** with a streak. Let that line play out. Found money, right?

But what if they had the stones to use Landeskog like Kessel? Play him on the 3rd line where he could dominate matchups? Keep the Krejci line intact.

Next year, we could have a Czechoslovakian line (yes, I know), and a Sweetish line (see what I did there?) with Landeskog-JFK-Bjork.

That said, I agree that they need to find a way to make it work without involving McAvoy or Carlo.

Quick question.

If he doesn't go back, what do you do with Vatrano?

I'm A) a huge fan of his game and B) starting to dislike guys playing their off-wing.

I'm not so sure at least production-wise there is a massive gap between Landekog or Vatrano. Landeskog brings more to the table, but is it worth both the price to acquire and the increase in salary in the short-term?

I'd almost just as soon keep Vatrano in that spot. Vatrano at one more year on an ELC could be great value.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

1st
Zboril/Lauzon (one)
Heinen/Debrusk/Donato (one)
Hayes (cap)

Not willing to pay more than that. If they say no, fine by me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If they can do this without including Carlo or McAvoy then this is a no brainer. I don't get why so many people are against this. Landeskog is a 24 year old captain who can play both ways. A lot people with a sudden faith in Cehlarik over a very small sample. DO THIS DEAL NOW!

I don't think they can

Colin Miller has changed the game a bit

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If a trade goes down with Colorado, I'm calling this:

To Colorado
Zboril
JFK
2017 1st
Colin Miller

To Boston
Landeskog
2017 3rd

God I hope not. Still perplexed as to why we would be sacrificing in our area of biggest need (D).

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'll be livid if McAvoy JFK or Donato in it :laugh:

My guess is it's Carlo +

By the way Don Sweeney had one heck of a good week if you think about it

Why? Because he finally pulled the trigger on firing the coach despite leaving what was a festering wound stagnant for the last 3 seasons? I guess better late than never, but really? You give him credit for doing this even though it has Neely's fingerprints all over it?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Quick question.

If he doesn't go back, what do you do with Vatrano?

I'm A) a huge fan of his game and B) starting to dislike guys playing their off-wing.

I'm not so sure at least production-wise there is a massive gap between Landekog or Vatrano. Landeskog brings more to the table, but is it worth both the price to acquire and the increase in salary in the short-term?

I'd almost just as soon keep Vatrano in that spot. Vatrano at one more year on an ELC could be great value.

Vatrano playing for Cassidy puts up Brett Hull numbers

Vatrano is a weapon on the third line

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Let's say they trade Carlo and aquire Landy. Boston would have to have another deal in place to replace that guy on backend right away unless playoffs are on back burner Any thoughts?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Vatrano playing for Cassidy puts up Brett Hull numbers

Vatrano is a weapon on the third line

Kid has both the elite shot/release and the unteachable goal-scoring instincts to go with it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Why? Because he finally pulled the trigger on firing the coach despite leaving what was a festering wound stagnant for the last 3 seasons? I guess better late than never, but really? You give him credit for doing this even though it has Neely's fingerprints all over it?

Nope

Don't shoot the messenger but from the sound of it he's going to be able to run it without as much interference from above

He also is in a position of strength trading that wasn't as defined even a week ago

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury

I don't think McAvoy is as untouchable as everyone here suggests.

Landeskog is a proven asset. His game fits the Bruins' play style like a glove. He is signed for 4 more years at a reasonable cap hit. As much as everyone will hate it, I think Landeskog for McAvoy is not just worth it, I think the Bruins will need to add a little (along with some cap going to COL likely).

Everyone will want Sweeney fired, but the team will be better for not just the stretch, but going forward. I wouldn't discount the other d prospects we have in the pool - some unheralded gents there, and I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that we have another solid d-man coming up the pipe in the future not named McAvoy.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I really think we overvalue the prospects. I put McAvoy there as the only blue chipper. They're not all going to make it. Can't put everyone on the no touch list and expect to get anything of value back.

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't hesitate to move Carlo for the best player in the deal (Landeskog). With the D in it's current state, I'd stay away. Should be looking to make a deal to fix that area of the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad