Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That's all? Is he so detrimental to the team? I can see that kind of statement for Hayes, but Spooner?

I'm all in favor of trading him, but not unless Sweeney gets something of value in return.

But what's his value?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Youth, speed, stick handling, pp skill, cheap. Despite his flaws, teams are interested in moulding him into their rosters.

Great so what's his value? You can list every thing you like about him, but that doesn't tell me the value.

If a GM came to you right now and said I want Spooner, what are you asking for?

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Great so what's his value? You can list every thing you like about him, but that doesn't tell me the value.

If GM came to you right now and said I want Spooner, what are you asking for?

Depends on what that team has really.

Bruins should not be moving him for picks and prospects. They have or had enough of those.

And he also shouldn't be moved for a pure UFA rental.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Depends on what that team has really.

Bruins should not be moving him for picks and prospects. They have or had enough of those.

And he also shouldn't be moved for a pure UFA rental.
I can see him included along with prospects for a position of need on this team, i.e. Young RH defenseman, young rh shot winger.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Don't know how I feel about Shattenkirk if he'll be commanding close to 7 mil (as rumored). I think he's more comparable to Krug personally who only makes 5 mil.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I can see him included along with prospects for a position of need on this team, i.e. Young RH defenseman, young rh shot winger.

Exactly. They should package prospects, picks and/or players, like Spooner. Not only to upgrade a position which is the primary goal, but also because before long, they won't have the space to give all these prospects a chance to develop and shine.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I don't even know what the hell to ask for anymore.

I absolutely hate the idea of missing the playoffs with this core yet again. It just seems that if measures are taken to avoid that, it will likely be too little/too late.

So sell? But what does the team really have to sell? Either a McQuaid or a Kevan Miller perhaps? Dominic Moore or Ryan Spooner or Joe Morrow? I don't even know what you'd get for these guys right now. Considering our prospect pool, I'm not exactly salivating over the idea of acquiring more "futures". Doesn't seem like Sweeney is keen on using that currency for "presents" any time soon.

Disenfranchised with the franchise right now. That hurts me to say.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site

I read a lot of trade spooner chat. and understandably so, considering how poor his "corsi" numbers are 5 v 5. however where will the Bruins find an equivalent type of talent making $950 k per year? not going to happen. any trade involving spooner won't return the type of return that folks expect on here.

keep him. keep coaching him.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I read a lot of trade spooner chat. and understandably so, considering how poor his "corsi" numbers are 5 v 5. however where will the Bruins find an equivalent type of talent making $950 k per year? not going to happen. any trade involving spooner won't return the type of return that folks expect on here.

keep him. keep coaching him.

Playing devil's advocate, his cap hit will go up next season.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If they don't see themselves as out of it (and I don't think they will in our trash division) the backup goaltending absolutely needs to be addressed. Not just to try and get your starter's play in better shape but because there is clearly a lingering injury issue and it's a bad idea to push him when he's struggling. That increases the chances of it turning into a major injury.

I think this current plan sucks, desperation or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad