Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I dunno..I tend to disagree.

We're currently 17th in the league for GF and 22nd when you factor in GPG. Prior to our outburst against the Blues/Detroit, we were in the bottom 5 of the league.

When you then look at our GA/GP we're 7th in the league.

Now, I agree...our defense needs help, but they haven't been the problem this year.

Me personally I separate the 1st quarter or so from the 2nd, because it's a tale of two different teams almost. Offense has gone up slowly as the defense has gone down. There is almost a clear turning point with the team D, it started with Chara getting hurt, followed by Kevan's return, Carlo's regression, Liles concussion, and it has snowball from there.

It's like last season, everyone pointed to Boston's 5th ranked offense but toss out the 1st quarter when they were absolutely on fire, and it was a middle of the pack offense at best with lousy team defense.

The Bruin we've seen the last 25 games is a much truer reflection of this current team than the first 20 games were. Boston isn't alone in that regard, very few Halloween Champions (see Habs 2016) end up being the true reflection of how good a team really is.

CJ17

Oct 15, 2005
MA
Backes should be playing C. The problem is we only have three capable wingers for 6 spots on the top three lines.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Me personally I separate the 1st quarter or so from the 2nd, because it's a tale of two different teams almost. Offense has gone up slowly as the defense has gone down. There is almost a clear turning point with the team D, it started with Chara getting hurt, followed by Kevan's return, Carlo's regression, Liles concussion, and it has snowball from there.

It's like last season, everyone pointed to Boston's 5th ranked offense but toss out the 1st quarter when they were absolutely on fire, and it was a middle of the pack offense at best with lousy team defense.

The Bruin we've seen the last 25 games is a much truer reflection of this current team than the first 20 games were. Boston isn't alone in that regard, very few Halloween Champions (see Habs 2016) end up being the true reflection of how good a team really is.

I agree....but at the same time shouldn't the team already know that? Management.

We overachieved, but they did nothing to address that...they thought they could ride it out the entire year and eventually got burned out.

That's why people are getting more frustrated this year........we all knew this team was't elite but at the same time nothing has been done to make them better either. And I'm only talking about in season moves.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Backes should be playing C. The problem is we only have three capable wingers for 6 spots on the top three lines.

That's why I have no issue putting 1 good winger with each center.

Marchand Bergeron
Krejci Vatrano
Pasta Backes (I liked what I saw in Pre-season with them together) Plus it allows Pasta to play against lower end dmen.

I just think we should make moves to plug in the other players.

Spooner, Belesky should be good enough to plug into those roles...but we need a 3rd one.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Marchand Bergeron
Krejci Vatrano
Pasta Backes (I liked what I saw in Pre-season with them together) Plus it allows Pasta to play against lower end dmen.

Spooner, Belesky should be good enough to plug into those roles...but we need a 3rd one.

I just wonder if it's better for Pasta's development to try and figure out these top dmen that he plays against rather than hoping for easier matchups for him.

I do like your idea for duos though, I think that's where they should start.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
So if we go back to page one.....JFJ went to scout the ARI/WIN game..anyone have any information as to who we could go after?

Could be a reevaluation of a Trouba offer involving Carlo, which I would be in favor of. If it's with Arizona, I'm nervous, as Sweeney has not shown his scouting team to be great at evaluating pro players and I doubt the Coyotes are selling prospects/picks. Ultimately trust Sweeney on his eye for young players, and this makes sense giving his experience in drafting and development, but I am uncomfortable with his ability to make a wise purchase of current NHL players. Though, safe to say, there are some easy targets like Trouba or Duchene (not Landeskog) whose worth unmistakable even to the Bruins front office.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I just wonder if it's better for Pasta's development to try and figure out these top dmen that he plays against rather than hoping for easier matchups for him.

I do like your idea for duos though, I think that's where they should start.

Well, the way he's been struggling lately.....I think it would only help him.

We have to remember, the kid is only only 20. He'll do more harm then positive most nights.......that penalty late in the game almost cost us the game.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Bergeron
Marchand
Pastrnak
Vatrano
Backes
Czarnik

Chara
Krug
Carlo
Colin

Rask
McIntyre

Ship out anyone else 24 or older currently on this roster. So bye-bye to Krejci, Spooner, Belesky, Nash, Moore, Schaller, McQuaid, Kevan, Liles, Khudobin, and Morrow and Subban. Obviously this won't happen overnight, and you need some of these guys for expansion.

Fill in the gaps with young players as often as is realistic. Find a happy middle ground between what the Leafs are doing running half a line-up of rookies, and what Claude Julien wants (i.e. as few young players as possible).

:handclap: Exactly my thinking as well, if we can't deal for a top 6 winger and top 4 D without gutting the top prospects, then deal away guys we don't need going forward. Would there be any teams that would trade even something small late pick we'll say for Hayes and Khudobin? I could see Liles, Moore and Nash getting something half way decent in return, also a team with cap space may take Beleskey if he plays well enough when he returns. Some younger guys like Schaller, Acciari and Blidh could go too, they do their jobs, but we have enough players in the system to fill those roles easily.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Could be a reevaluation of a Trouba offer involving Carlo, which I would be in favor of. If it's with Arizona, I'm nervous, as Sweeney has not shown his scouting team to be great at evaluating pro players and I doubt the Coyotes are selling prospects/picks. Ultimately trust Sweeney on his eye for young players, and this makes sense giving his experience in drafting and development, but I am uncomfortable with his ability to make a wise purchase of current NHL players. Though, safe to say, there are some easy targets like Trouba or Duchene (not Landeskog) whose worth unmistakable even to the Bruins front office.

I just don't see Sweeney having the guts to make such a drastic change now...especially with every team in the league knowing they want to make a trade...the asking price would be that much more.

I personally see us acquiring someone like Ryan White:laugh:

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
So if we go back to page one.....JFJ went to scout the ARI/WIN game..anyone have any information as to who we could go after?

I can help but laugh when I see his name mentioned, Thx for gifting us with Tuukka

Seriously hope he's improved over the years

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I can help but laugh when I see his name mentioned, Thx for gifting us with Tuukka

Seriously hope he's improved over the years

Yeah JFJ and Sacco hired at the same time, Bruins have gone downhill ever since, these guys have been losers wherever they have been,

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I agree....but at the same time shouldn't the team already know that? Management.

We overachieved, but they did nothing to address that...they thought they could ride it out the entire year and eventually got burned out.

That's why people are getting more frustrated this year........we all knew this team was't elite but at the same time nothing has been done to make them better either. And I'm only talking about in season moves.

You would think. I think Sweeney does to a certain extent.

I don't know what to think sometimes. This year, and last year, they kept talking about being in 1st/2nd place and in a playoff spot as if they were a good team. Was this just sales talk to a ticket-buying fanbase? Or did they really believe they had a chance to win?

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I really hope the Bruins are not considering trading Carlo. Young, big, fast, and cheap defensemen are so hard to find and in such high demand, I think it would be silly to let him go. I really would like to see them try to package Zboril, B-level prospect, a pick, and a current roster player (non-core) for Landeskog and then try to flip Spooner+ for a defenseman. I'm pro-CJ and don't think he's the problem. I think the roster needs a shake up.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Marchand Bergeron
Krejci Vatrano

I always liked the "duo" setup for lines.

Beleskey, Czarnik, and Schaller can fill out the other spots.

Spooner is out after last night's debacle.. His next chance comes with injury or another team.

4th line of Blidh-Moore-Nash is just fine.

Hopefully next season, at least two of:

Heinen, Cehlarik, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Bjork, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Gabrielle..

can take over...

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
More convinced than ever than nothing is going to change with this team. I know longer expect CJ to be fired and have read at least 3 articles today talking about a trade not being necessary because the "answer to the B's scoring is Frank Vatrano" I give up. This team no longer interests me. Not a playoff team and not a team trying to fix obvious problems.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
More convinced than ever than nothing is going to change with this team. I know longer expect CJ to be fired and have read at least 3 articles today talking about a trade not being necessary because the "answer to the B's scoring is Frank Vatrano" I give up. This team no longer interests me. Not a playoff team and not a team trying to fix obvious problems.

The funny thing...with the way our division is actually structured, we are a playoff time....we've just become a huge mess this past month.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I always liked the "duo" setup for lines.

Beleskey, Czarnik, and Schaller can fill out the other spots.

Spooner is out after last night's debacle.. His next chance comes with injury or another team.

4th line of Blidh-Moore-Nash is just fine.

Hopefully next season, at least two of:

Heinen, Cehlarik, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Bjork, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Gabrielle..

can take over...

This is where I see it differently..I only see Belesky as a top 9 forward.

We need to address that area...I really wished Nieto fell to us.

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
The funny thing...with the way our division is actually structured, we are a playoff time....we've just become a huge mess this past month.

I mean don't forget that Ottawa and Toronto are only 2 pts back with us havI g 6 games in hand. PHILLY is also 2 pointd back and we have 2 games in hand and Carolina is only 3.pts back with us having 4 games in hand. That's not a playoff picture.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
This is where I see it differently..I only see Belesky as a top 9 forward.

We need to address that area...I really wished Nieto fell to us.

We 100% absolutely need to address that area. I was just going based on current active roster players.

Ideally, I would have tried out Cehlarik weeks ago. Heinen had his chance, but maybe give him another shot. Hell, I'd even try Mueller (signed him) and give DeBrusk a game or two.

Assuming none of them panned out, then look to make some moves.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I mean don't forget that Ottawa and Toronto are only 2 pts back with us havI g 6 games in hand. PHILLY is also 2 pointd back and we have 2 games in hand and Carolina is only 3.pts back with us having 4 games in hand. That's not a playoff picture.
I think you have it backwards. It's not "us" who have the games in hand, but the teams you listed.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We 100% absolutely need to address that area. I was just going based on current active roster players.

Ideally, I would have tried out Cehlarik weeks ago. Heinen had his chance, but maybe give him another shot. Hell, I'd even try Mueller (signed him) and give DeBrusk a game or two.

Assuming none of them panned out, then look to make some moves.

This is the path of least resistance (or cost). Why the heck not do this? I like Czarnik a LOT, and he will be a really good NHLer but right now they need to fix this.
Cehlarik had a great camp IMO, I believe that he got injured but now he's been playing in the AHL. DeBrusk would be another that I would give another "cup of coffee" to, if he doesn't pan out oh well, if he does, GREAT!

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I'm firmly in the "sell" camp now.

Keep Bergeron, Marchand, Backes (only because he just signed here), Pastrnak, Vatrano, Krug, Carlo and McIntyre.
Float out the names of everyone else and gauge interest. Deals don't all have to be made by the deadline but lay some groundwork for after the expansion draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad