Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
If the price is right on guys like Lands and Trouba then I'm all for it, but it sounds like it is not.

I would hate to see any of our blue chip prospects traded. I am actually fine with rolling with what we have now and calling up Chelarik.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Spooner-Krejci-Backes
Vatrano-Czarnik-Chelarik
Schaller-Moore-Nash
Blidh

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McQuaid
K Miller-C Miller
Liles

Then once the NCAA season ends bring in McAvoy, JFK and Bjork and Possibly take a further look at Debrusk and Heinen- see if they can improve the line up. If they do, trade away the left over vets that have some value for picks.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
This team should not be trading either of Carlo or McAvoy.

I don't care if it is Landeskog AND Barrie coming back.
I agree. I have very little faith in this team right now. Landeskog and Barrie haven't been able to turn their team around, and unless they learned some new magic tricks, I don't see how they can turn this team around either.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'd love to get Landeskog, and think if we aren't subtracting from the current top 6 to get him, then he's the perfect addition for this team. I wouldn't want to give up Carlo or McAvoy to get him though. With Carlo right now our defense is that much better, if McAvoy can be what has been advertised sooner rather than later, then it's exactly what our defense needs. It's a hard sell. I'd rather stand pat and hope that Bjork or DeBrusk can turn into that guy upfront.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I agree. I have very little faith in this team right now. Landeskog and Barrie haven't been able to turn their team around, and unless they learned some new magic tricks, I don't see how they can turn this team around either.

Post of the thread. :handclap:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
This team should not be trading either of Carlo or McAvoy.

I don't care if it is Landeskog AND Barrie coming back.

If you knew, or felt, that McAvoy would be better than Carlo by end of next year, would you feel differently?

I'm not sure I would trade Carlo and I really don't think I'd trade McAvoy (certainly not for a Landeskog return), but if we have pegged Carlo as an NHL 2nd pair guy and McAvoy as higher, when you consider the depth of prospects we supposedly have on D vs. up front, wouldn't it be wise to at least think about Carlo for a young, cost-controlled forward?

Again, I'm on record that I wouldn't deal Carlo for Landeskog. But it doesn't seem crazy to me. Bear in mind though that I don't care about this season. This team is going nowhere. It's next year and beyond I care about.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
should we claim McElhinney??

Listened to hockey central at noon with Mallard, Stellick and Johnson on the situation with CBJ and other teams with back ups. Cited Edm (who placed Gus on waivers today) as well as Tampa with their 2 guys both struggling, as other teams with the same problems. Can easily add Calgary and Toronto as others in a jam right now and I'm many here can ID others.

Johnson added in his recent discussion with Yzerman he told him it has never been more difficult to make a trade than it is right now. Stellick chimed in with the exception of Jones for Johanson trade there really has been no other significant moves since via trade. Johnson indicted that waivers has been the sole souce of acquisition for now. That sounds a little bit of swapping one problem for another from where I sit.

Colorado is a unique opportunity. Given how limited those situations are this season. Sure has an appearance of Sackic having the most leverage at the moment. Expansion and cap situation likely will not create many more, if any, opportunities before the draft(s). Only time will tell.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Could be a possibility. I have to wonder though, what's the Bruins prerogative to come out and say Carlo is untouchable yet include him in a trade with Colorado anyways? I feel like the only reason the Bruins stated he was untouchable was because other teams called Sweeney and asked him about Carlo after the news broke out that Colorado wanted Carlo for Landeskog.

If Dater's right about Colorado only making a deal if Carlo or McAvoy is in the deal, my guess, and it hurts, if the Bruins and Avalanche are still talking, it's probably McAvoy going the other way.

I mentioned earlier in the season a potential McAvoy + Spooner + McQuaid deal for Trouba when Trouba had not signed with the Jets yet. In my opinion, it made sense at the time because the Bruins had Carlo who was proving he can play at the NHL level, and adding Trouba who the Bruins would view as a 1st-pairing defenseman in return would give them the opportunity to compete now rather than waiting an extra year for McAvoy. Sure you may give up a future 1st-pairing defenseman, but the Bruins would have got in return a 1st-pairing defenseman that could play right now.

Coming back to the present, this team still wants to compete with the current core in tact. We've heard rumors about the Bruins targeting Landeskog, a player who would help the Bruins offensively who is also a two-way player and is only 24. This deal will not only get the Bruins a young top 6 LW, it could also net them a top 4 defenseman to get McQuaid out of the top 4. Barrie is only 25 and adds more offense to their offensively-lacking defense. You won't be getting a top pairing defenseman in return for McAvoy, but if he is the main piece, you'll be getting a young top 6 LW and a young top 4 D which would fill two major holes on this Bruins team. Looking at the lineup after a possible trade:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak/Backes
Landeskog - Krejci - Backes/Pastrnak

Chara - Barrie
Krug - Carlo​

I could see why the Bruins would consider doing such a deal. I personally would rather wait it out and see McAvoy and Carlo manning the Bruins' defense for many years to come. However, with ownership wanting this team to make the playoffs and them potentially breathing down Sweeney's neck to do so, I could see a trade like this happening.

No way the B's value Carlo over McAvoy, McAvoy's ceiling is much much higher.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'd love to get Landeskog, and think if we aren't subtracting from the current top 6 to get him, then he's the perfect addition for this team. I wouldn't want to give up Carlo or McAvoy to get him though. With Carlo right now our defense is that much better, if McAvoy can be what has been advertised sooner rather than later, then it's exactly what our defense needs. It's a hard sell. I'd rather stand pat and hope that Bjork or DeBrusk can turn into that guy upfront.

This exactly , agree 100%. I say keep all of Carlo, McAvoy, JFK, DeBrusk, Gabrielle and Senyshen. If you can get a JVR, Landeskog or Duchene for 3 or 4 of the following: Zboril, O'Gara, Grezlcyk, Heinen, Donato, Fitzgerald, Cehlarik, Czarnik, Spooner, K Miller, C Miller, Beleskey, Subban, Lindgren then fine do it, if not stand pat and let our prospects develop.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
You're right, I forgot about the buyout cap hit they had because of our old friend B.Stuart.

This is what Colorado acquired for O'Reilly:

The Avalanche acquired defenseman Nikita Zadorov, forwards Mikhail Grigorenko and J.T. Compher, and the No. 31 pick in the draft from the Sabres for O'Reilly and forward Jamie McGinn.

Does anyone recall when Zadorov was traded by Buffalo is he was considered one of there top 2 defensive prospects? I know Ristolainen was one of them

Avs fan here, so I'll chime in on my recollections on this question (and I was/am a BIG O'Reilly fan, he was easily my favorite player to wear the Avs jersey in a long time).

Avs fans were told that we, as a collective group, were "delusional" if we thought O'Reilly was going to bring back just Zadorov by himself (let alone the full package of Top Defensive prospect + roster player + forward prospect + high draft pick), since O'Reilly was 1 year from UFA. And yes, we were definitely told that Zadorov was considered one of the Top-2 Defensive prospects for the Buffalo Sabres (Risto being the other one).

There were a lot of Sabres fans telling us that the package was going to be either Pysyk++ or McCabe++.

Well, in the end we know what happened.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
No way the B's value Carlo over McAvoy, McAvoy's ceiling is much much higher.
I sure hope so. My post was speculation based on Dater's tweets mentioning Colorado not budging unless Carlo or McAvoy are involved and him stating if Tyson Barrie is involved it will be a bigger deal as well as recent reports where the Bruins state Carlo is unavailable in trades.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I feel like we should watch that Colorado mess burn alot longer. Maybe it can get so bad they will be desperate like the Maple Leafs were when they traded Kessel. Pretty sure that Kessel return was alot less than everyone thought. Every GM is watching Sakic's team and foaming at the mouth seeing Colorado's leverage plummet.

We've been searching for the "D of the future" for a few years now. We finally might have it in Carlo and McAvoy. Do not ****ing trade it for more forward depth. The talent on our team is already forward heavy to being with.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you knew, or felt, that McAvoy would be better than Carlo by end of next year, would you feel differently?

I'm not sure I would trade Carlo and I really don't think I'd trade McAvoy (certainly not for a Landeskog return), but if we have pegged Carlo as an NHL 2nd pair guy and McAvoy as higher, when you consider the depth of prospects we supposedly have on D vs. up front, wouldn't it be wise to at least think about Carlo for a young, cost-controlled forward?

Again, I'm on record that I wouldn't deal Carlo for Landeskog. But it doesn't seem crazy to me. Bear in mind though that I don't care about this season. This team is going nowhere. It's next year and beyond I care about.

No I wouldn't to be honest.

Build this team from the D and G out.

Now if Boston was desperate for a Center, and the only way to get that Center was to move Carlo or McAvoy, then see you later Carlo. (Provided the center coming back was somewhat age comparable).

But Boston isn't desperate for a center. Far from it.

No way I move either Carlo or McAvoy for a winger unless that winger coming back is truly an elite-level game-breaking talent (Think Kane, Benn, Tarasenko, Laine, OV, etc.)

And that's not Landeskog. Not even close. Adding in Barrie doesn't do it for me either.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
If they're insisting on Carlo or McAvoy, then the Bruins and Avs are not good trading partners. Move on Donny.

Brucentric*

Dec 9, 2016
If the price is right on guys like Lands and Trouba then I'm all for it, but it sounds like it is not.

I would hate to see any of our blue chip prospects traded. I am actually fine with rolling with what we have now and calling up Chelarik.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Spooner-Krejci-Backes
Vatrano-Czarnik-Chelarik
Schaller-Moore-Nash
Blidh

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McQuaid-
K Miller-C Miller
Liles

Then once the NCAA season ends bring in McAvoy, JFK and Bjork and Possibly take a further look at Debrusk and Heinen- see if they can improve the line up. If they do, trade away the left over vets that have some value for picks.
What you have above is a struggling to make the playoffs 7-8-9-10 team in the conference. And you have wasted another year of your core 6 guys.

JFK and Bjork, Debrusk, Heinen and others like Krug, Spooner, Louzan, Lindgren, McQuaid, K Miller, Should also be available. Any of these guys in a deal for Trouba. And for a deal for Landy or Duchene. We can also deal our one lottery protected as well as or Edmontons two. We have chips. McAVOY and Carlo stay put. No question or debate. Zboril is also available.

Chara-Carlo
Trouba-McAVOY. This should be our top four at the end of this season.

Krug-K Miller- C Miller
McQuaid-Liles-Morrow.

63-37-88
LSkog-46-42......Great top six.
72-51-27 or ??????.........Maybe we can upgrade here or hope a kid comes through.
59-28-81...Solid line fourth line.

Landy and Trouba make us a cup threat. That is what Sweeney should be doing.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
What you have above is a struggling to make the playoffs 7-8-9-10 team in the conference. And you have wasted another year of your core 6 guys.

JFK and Bjork, Debrusk, Heinen and others like Krug, Spooner, Louzan, Lindgren, McQuaid, K Miller, Should also be available. Any of these guys in a deal for Trouba. And for a deal for Landy or Duchene. We can also deal our one lottery protected as well as or Edmontons two. We have chips. McAVOY and Carlo stay put. No question or debate. Zboril is also available.

Chara-Carlo
Trouba-McAVOY. This should be our top four at the end of this season.

Krug-K Miller- C Miller
McQuaid-Liles-Morrow.

63-37-88
LSkog-46-42......Great top six.
72-51-27 or ??????.........Maybe we can upgrade here or hope a kid comes through.
59-28-81...Solid line fourth line.

Landy and Trouba make us a cup threat. That is what Sweeney should be doing.

I thought Trouba was not please having to play on the left side.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
From the sound of that fanragsports link from last page, it's more likely Bruins trade more of a b-level d prospect like Zboril + for a lesser player than Landy, unless somehow Sweeney can land him without McAvoy or Carlo. Who that could be? No idea.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
the problem I see with the Avs as a trading partner is that they are pretty much a lock to pick first overall at this point so there's no need for them to rush and make a trade. They're not going to save their season and might as well just let the tank play out.

Boston on the other hand is trying to make the playoffs and would like to improve ASAP. There's really nothing stopping the Avs from just waiting until the trade deadline and getting max value for their guys whereas for Boston, waiting until the trade deadline might be too late.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
No I wouldn't to be honest.

Build this team from the D and G out.

Now if Boston was desperate for a Center, and the only way to get that Center was to move Carlo or McAvoy, then see you later Carlo. (Provided the center coming back was somewhat age comparable).

But Boston isn't desperate for a center. Far from it.

No way I move either Carlo or McAvoy for a winger unless that winger coming back is truly an elite-level game-breaking talent (Think Kane, Benn, Tarasenko, Laine, OV, etc.)

And that's not Landeskog. Not even close. Adding in Barrie doesn't do it for me either.

That's fair. I have to say I think you are overrating Carlo, as am I probably, to list those wingers as guys you'd want for him, but at this point it makes sense to be cautious about moving him. Until McAvoy and anyone else makes the leap, he's our best young hope.

In a vacuum if I was drafting a team today I'd say Landeskog is more valuable and I'd take him before Carlo. Probably long before Carlo. But the Bruins are in a tough spot with their defense. Hard to justify moving a kid who looks like a #4 already for a 25 goal scorer.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
A right side of Trouba, McAvoy, and Carlo would be the bees knees of the NHL.

Krug -- Trouba

Chara -- McAvoy

O'Gara -- Carlo

Could be our blueline next year. I would prefer that instead of making a deal for Landeskog.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
A right side of Trouba, McAvoy, and Carlo would be the bees knees of the NHL.

Krug -- Trouba

Chara -- McAvoy

O'Gara -- Carlo

Could be our blueline next year. I would prefer that instead of making a deal for Landeskog.

I am in 100% agreement. I think looking at the team's performance so far this season (strong D, lack of offense) and trying to fix the offense would be an overreaction. The offense has an unsustainably low shooting % and the defense is probably overachieving. I would bet on both the offense and defense regressing back to the mean & would target a defenseman in anticipation of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad