Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
From Adrian Dater early this morning:

If true, then I could see the Bruins jumping on this. Skog and Barrie have 11m in combined cap hits, so big money needs to move out with Carlo or McAvoy.
The question is, whom on the Bruins with a NTC/NMC is willing to go?

You can save me the Krug talk, as I'm really sure COL would unload two players like Skog and Barrie to get Krug. :laugh:
Also Belesky and Hayes are worthless unless high picks/prospects are in it with them.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I wonder how serious the discussions on Duchene has been. Can he be had for something other than Carlo and McAvoy?

He's a center, a position of strength on this franchise. But, he is a good scorer, more so than Bergy and Krejci who earn their keep as playmakers. He could center the third line, freeing up Backes to stay at RW. And it allows Spooner to be moved for future assets.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
If true, then I could see the Bruins jumping on this. Skog and Barrie have 11m in combined cap hits, so big money needs to move out with Carlo or McAvoy.
The question is, whom on the Bruins with a NTC/NMC is willing to go? You can save me the Krug talk, as I'm really sure COL would unload two players like Skog and Barrie to get Krug. :laugh:

Im not saying the value isnt there.. And as you said theres more coming from the Bruins. Especially in terms of salary.

But I dont really care for Tyson Barries game. At all.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
From Adrian Dater early this morning:

Carlo mite be close to value but McAvory :shakehead I wouldn't even think of trading unless we needed a #1 center period.

IMO we've been waiting for a guy like him almost since the Ray man kinda like how long we've waited for Tuukka, you just shouldn't trade.

Hope Bruins brass is smarter then this.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Carlo, Czarnik/Heinen, secondary prospect & a 1st.

for Barrie and Landeskog?
Bruins players with cap need to be sent back in the deal.

I could only imagine how Claude will feel having Barrie, Krug, and McAvoy all on defense (if the latter two stay) :laugh:.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bruins players with cap need to be sent back in the deal.

I could only imagine how Claude will feel having Barrie, Krug, and McAvoy all on defense (if the latter two stay) :laugh:.

Maybe substitute McQuaid/K. Miller for the secondary prospect?

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
The question is, whom on the Bruins with a NTC/NMC is willing to go?

You can save me the Krug talk, as I'm really sure COL would unload two players like Skog and Barrie to get Krug. :laugh:
Also Belesky and Hayes are worthless unless high picks/prospects are in it with them.

I personally still can't see this type of 'big move' being made.

But if it does, do we really need to unload a guy that has a NTC/NMC? Colorado could be willing to eat up some of there salaries if they feel like the prospects are elite and we could give them a guy like Liles (UFA/from Colorado - could then be traded for picks) and others like Czarnik or Spooner.

Also, does Colorado still have the ability to eat some of the players salary? (Not sure how that still works)

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I'm not big on Landeskog at all and I'll tell you why.
1) Their seems to be a culture problem in Colorado and he's the captain.
2) Other than the physicality, he's a poor man's Bergy, the physicality is matched by Backes.
3) Sending MacVoy or Carlo seems stupid as D is something we need to build up, especially with Chara retiring, and the likes of Liles/Quaider/K Miller in our starting 6.
4) We need an impact forward to play with Krejci, the Marshy to his Bergy. I don't see GL as that guy. Duchene on the other hand interests me more.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I personally still can't see this type of 'big move' being made.

It's more likely not happening, but I wouldn't quickly dismiss it either. There has been smoke and the Bruins are part of it. Time will tell. The Bruins are not in a great spot standings wise and games in hand wise. They need to act sooner than later.

But if it does, do we really need to unload a guy that has a NTC/NMC? Colorado could be willing to eat up some of there salaries if they feel like the prospects are elite and we could give them a guy like Liles (UFA/from Colorado - could then be traded for picks) and others like Czarnik or Spooner.

Also, does Colorado still have the ability to eat some of the players salary? (Not sure how that still works)

Colorado is tighter to the ceiling than us, but will have much more breathing room than us this summer and onward. Money needs to go from us. That said, I'm hoping Carlo/McAvoy stay and we add a 2/3 D. I'm not holding my breath.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I'm not big on Landeskog at all and I'll tell you why.
1) Their seems to be a culture problem in Colorado and he's the captain.
2) Other than the physicality, he's a poor man's Bergy, the physicality is matched by Backes.
3) Sending MacVoy or Carlo seems stupid as D is something we need to build up, especially with Chara retiring, and the likes of Liles/Quaider/K Miller in our starting 6.
4) We need an impact forward to play with Krejci, the Marshy to his Bergy. I don't see GL as that guy. Duchene on the other hand interests me more.

Not sure how this is all on the captain.....I mean, doesn' the GM assembly this team?

Roy left just before the start of the season, Colorado lost leadership and an effective top line player in O'Reilly and never replaced him properly; there defense is horrible and as much as I like Varlamov he seems to always be hurt.

Don't underestimate how good Landeskog really is...and is a poor man's Bergeron bad for a 24 year old?:naughty:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If they wont do a deal without Carlo/McAvoy then I'm all set. I'd rather have those two to build a blueline around then Landeskog.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
It's more likely not happening, but I wouldn't quickly dismiss it either. There has been smoke and the Bruins are part of it. Time will tell. The Bruins are not in a great spot standings wise and games in hand wise. They need to act sooner than later.

Colorado is tighter to the ceiling than us, but will have much more breathing room than us this summer and onward. Money needs to go from us. That said, I'm hoping Carlo/McAvoy stay and we add a 2/3 D. I'm not holding my breath.

You're right, I forgot about the buyout cap hit they had because of our old friend B.Stuart.

This is what Colorado acquired for O'Reilly:

The Avalanche acquired defenseman Nikita Zadorov, forwards Mikhail Grigorenko and J.T. Compher, and the No. 31 pick in the draft from the Sabres for O'Reilly and forward Jamie McGinn.

Does anyone recall when Zadorov was traded by Buffalo is he was considered one of there top 2 defensive prospects? I know Ristolainen was one of them.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If they wont do a deal without Carlo/McAvoy then I'm all set. I'd rather have those two to build a blueline around then Landeskog.

Yep, 100% agree- not that I blame Avs for wanting them, and if I were them that is the least I'd want for Landeskog. As much as I want to see him as a Bruin, I don't want it at the cost of having a defense corps like we've had the past couple of season for a couple more.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
No panic trades of Carlo and especially not McAvoy. Work something else out, if not with Colorado then elsewhere. Bruins really need another 'true' RW that plays consistent two way hockey and can contribute 40+ points. It would balance out the forwards and allow guys to play more within their proper line level.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Would rather we not build up our defensive future just to break it down... Landeskog is one of my favorite players in the league, and he would be a great fit here, but I said the same two things about Loui.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Maybe substitute McQuaid/K. Miller for the secondary prospect?
Could be a possibility. I have to wonder though, what's the Bruins prerogative to come out and say Carlo is untouchable yet include him in a trade with Colorado anyways? I feel like the only reason the Bruins stated he was untouchable was because other teams called Sweeney and asked him about Carlo after the news broke out that Colorado wanted Carlo for Landeskog.

If Dater's right about Colorado only making a deal if Carlo or McAvoy is in the deal, my guess, and it hurts, if the Bruins and Avalanche are still talking, it's probably McAvoy going the other way.

I mentioned earlier in the season a potential McAvoy + Spooner + McQuaid deal for Trouba when Trouba had not signed with the Jets yet. In my opinion, it made sense at the time because the Bruins had Carlo who was proving he can play at the NHL level, and adding Trouba who the Bruins would view as a 1st-pairing defenseman in return would give them the opportunity to compete now rather than waiting an extra year for McAvoy. Sure you may give up a future 1st-pairing defenseman, but the Bruins would have got in return a 1st-pairing defenseman that could play right now.

Coming back to the present, this team still wants to compete with the current core in tact. We've heard rumors about the Bruins targeting Landeskog, a player who would help the Bruins offensively who is also a two-way player and is only 24. This deal will not only get the Bruins a young top 6 LW, it could also net them a top 4 defenseman to get McQuaid out of the top 4. Barrie is only 25 and adds more offense to their offensively-lacking defense. You won't be getting a top pairing defenseman in return for McAvoy, but if he is the main piece, you'll be getting a young top 6 LW and a young top 4 D which would fill two major holes on this Bruins team. Looking at the lineup after a possible trade:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak/Backes
Landeskog - Krejci - Backes/Pastrnak

Chara - Barrie
Krug - Carlo​

I could see why the Bruins would consider doing such a deal. I personally would rather wait it out and see McAvoy and Carlo manning the Bruins' defense for many years to come. However, with ownership wanting this team to make the playoffs and them potentially breathing down Sweeney's neck to do so, I could see a trade like this happening.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
If we trade Carlo, I'll have a hard time digesting that one. I don't think I'd ever be on board with it unless we get a legitimate future #1 back. Which knowing how this team seems to trade top prospects lately, isn't going to happen.

When you trade players like Kessel/Seguin/Dougie, you'd typically have something to show for it.

How about we hold onto Carlo, McAvoy, Bergeron, Pasta and Marchand as untouchables and go from there.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This team should not be trading either of Carlo or McAvoy.

I don't care if it is Landeskog AND Barrie coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad