Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
i would need more info as to what Spooner and Khokhlachev bring to the table.

Spooner has high end #2C and PP ace potential. Spooner has high end wheels, but is relatively soft. Not to the same degree, but has some of those Skinner-like skates at 10 and 2 moves. Has a good shot, but is always thinking pass first. A lot of his AHL moves may not translate to the NHL level and its unclear how he will adjust.

Koko isn't a straight shooter or passer. More quick than fast. More undersized, but has more jam in his game than Spooner. Also good #2C potential, but probably a lower ceiling for straight points than Spooner. Has probably passed Spooner on the depth chart, but you could argue that is more because of playing style fit in the Bruins system than potential and play.

It assumed a lot on these boards that the Bruins only have room for one of these guys.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Spooner has high end #2C and PP ace potential. Spooner has high end wheels, but is relatively soft. Not to the same degree, but has some of those Skinner-like skates at 10 and 2 moves. Has a good shot, but is always thinking pass first. A lot of his AHL moves may not translate to the NHL level and its unclear how he will adjust.

Koko isn't a straight shooter or passer. More quick than fast. More undersized, but has more jam in his game than Spooner. Also good #2C potential, but probably a lower ceiling for straight points than Spooner. Has probably passed Spooner on the depth chart, but you could argue that is more because of playing style fit in the Bruins system than potential and play.

It assumed a lot on these boards that the Bruins only have room for one of these guys.

Sure. And Morrow is the next Bourque. What's next?

boss3252

Oct 14, 2007
Buffalo_ Chris Stewart for Louie Eriksson

Winnipeg- Dustin Bjfuglien and Evander Kane for Louie Eriksson. Reilly Smith, Ryan Spooner Or Koko and Matt Bartkowski

Carolina- Andrej Sekara for Matt Bartkowski and Jared Knight

Washington- Troy Brouwer for Louie Eriksson

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Buffalo_ Chris Stewart for Louie Eriksson

Winnipeg- Dustin Bjfuglien and Evander Kane for Louie Eriksson. Reilly Smith, Ryan Spooner Or Koko and Matt Bartkowski

Carolina- Andrej Sekara for Matt Bartkowski and Jared Knight

Washington- Troy Brouwer for Louie Eriksson

That there are people who exist that believe Chris Stewart is a better player than Loui Eriksson hurts my brain.

iGetCarried*

Why would Kelly ever agree to go there?

Nah, why would he leave this comfy situation? kelly will stay here fat and happy for the whole contract, unfortunately. :/

Plus, Edm. wouldn't do that deal. We'd have to throw in something more enticing.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That there are people who exist that believe Chris Stewart is a better player than Loui Eriksson hurts my brain.

You're reading that wrong. It's not that Stewart is a better player than Loui is. It's that he fights more than Loui does. This love of Stewart stems not from his ability to play hockey for the folks clamoring for him to be traded here, but rather in his willingness to drop the gloves, even if they keep pretending it's not about fights. It is. It always has been for them.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sure. And Morrow is the next Bourque. What's next?

Um...that's been Spooner's ceiling for a long time. Not some homer overrating. He has been on many a top 50 prospect lists and hockeysfuture, for instance, has his ceiling at between a 1st and 2nd liner. He also has question marks. That could keep him from getting there.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Just saw the Pens beat the Bruins in OT.

If you were healthy and had Buff you beat both Montreal and Pittsburgh in a playoff series.

Khoko, Spooner and Pasternak are all small with some skill.

The guy we really need tho is Joe Morrow. Perfect partner for Trouba.

How about Morrow and a first...very similar to the deal with the habs I mentioned earlier...

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

If you were healthy and had Buff you beat both Montreal and Pittsburgh in a playoff series.

How about Morrow and a first...very similar to the deal with the habs I mentioned earlier...

I love Joe Morrow and this draft is strong... But I'd have no problems with that deal at all.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Morrow I would have to think about but you want a first as well ,no.Not sure if I would do Morrow for Buff straight up. And yes I do like Buff but........

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Guys we are sellers at the deadline. Anyone can be had except for Tuukka , Patrice, Krejci, Pastarnak, KoKo, Seth, and of course Soda.

Edit: Svedberg and Subban

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

Pass from me. Not a Buff fan. I don't like his complete disregard for defensive positioning and responsibility. I know that has a lot to do with his coaching. I just don't see him being effective as a Bruin and certainly not worth the upside of Morrow plus a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad