Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Hello Bruins fans...Jets fan coming in peace..

I was wondering if you would have any interest in Big Buff?

He is a nice piece for a playoff run and would clearly make your team the most bad-ass in the NHL.

I know your group has been hit hard by injuries, but in the weak east when your healthy your still a top contender.

Are you interested in making another run or do you need a year where you just want to get healthy and more get primed up for next year? I think you guys had a thread about a bridge year I saw earlier.

iGetCarried*

I'd take Buff, but not at the price Winny would want him for.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I personally would love to add another sub-0.5 ppg player.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Hello Bruins fans...Jets fan coming in peace..

I was wondering if you would have any interest in Big Buff?

He is a nice piece for a playoff run and would clearly make your team the most bad-ass in the NHL.

I know your group has been hit hard by injuries, but in the weak east when your healthy your still a top contender.

Are you interested in making another run or do you need a year where you just want to get healthy and more get primed up for next year? I think you guys had a thread about a bridge year I saw earlier.

:handclap:Welcome. We have no problem with Jets fans here, personally I like and enjoy your team. I'd love to have Big Buff rambling down the right wing being fed by Krejci. He'd be the perfect compliment to the team and an instant fan favorite. I've seen plays where he can really motor along. What needs do the Jets have right now?

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
:handclap:Welcome. We have no problem with Jets fans here, personally I like and enjoy your team. I'd love to have Big Buff rambling down the right wing being fed by Krejci. He'd be the perfect compliment to the team and an instant fan favorite. I've seen plays where he can really motor along. What needs do the Jets have right now?

Well thank you for the welcome.

Just to give you a bit of an overview, since arriving from Atlanta the changes are not obvious on the surface, but we have drafted very well and rank about in the top third in regards to prospect pools. most Jets fans are more confident in a Trouba led youth core than the Buff/Ladd/Enstrom group.

That said, we aren't keen on a Edmonton/Buffalo burn it to the ground re-build either. I would like to see one or max two vets dealt for youth. The veteran leaders we do have we like.

We need defensive depth and a good partner for Jacob Trouba. We could use a goaltending upgrade but we do have some guys we like in the system. Forwards with offensive potential would have appeal as well.

I take it Pasternak is not available?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
It would also fit the "fat guy to Boston" holiday theme of 2014.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Just to be clear, Buff has trimmed down nicely since the bloated internet photo of two years ago. He has bought into Maurice's improved team fitness and has not complained about being moved to wing. He also is popular in the room, see no reason why he wouldn't be in yours either.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I brought this trade idea to habs fans, they offered me Nathan Beaulieu and a 2015 first.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Just wait til he moves into the North End though. He'll blow up like a tick.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just to be clear, Buff has trimmed down nicely since the bloated internet photo of two years ago. He has bought into Maurice's improved team fitness and has not complained about being moved to wing. He also is popular in the room, see no reason why he wouldn't be in yours either.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I brought this trade idea to habs fans, they offered me Nathan Beaulieu and a 2015 first.

You aren't going to get what you want for Buff from Boston. He's just not worth the price to obtain, and his cap hit is a huge negative.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Concerns with Buff

1) I am under the impression he greatly prefers playing D to playing wing. That won't happen here.

2) That 5.2 cap hit for next year is going to be really hard to swallow, unless the deal coming back to you is based around NHL talent instead of youth. In fact, it would have to be.

Things I like about Buff

1) Helps with the Bruins identity.

2) He shoots right handed.

So given the stipulation that NHL salary would have to go back to Peg, I think a deal around Loui Eriksson would be the best Boston could do. I think Loui is a better player than Buff in a vacuum, but that Buff is probably a better fit in Boston. I don't think the Bruins would add much, if at all.

The Bruins could also offer you a deal based around picks/prospects (Spooner/Koko + 1st), but Chris Kelly would be included in the return as well for cap reasons.

Regarding the Montreal deal...I don't think that would be smart for Montreal since half their D is UFA next year and Gallagher and Galyenchuck are both RFAs in need of big raises...unless they played Buff on D.

Edit: If salary can be retained, we can keep Kelly/Eriksson, and give you something like Spooner/Koko + 1st + Cehlarik/Grzelcyk

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Concerns with Buff

1) I am under the impression he greatly prefers playing D to playing wing. That won't happen here.

2) That 5.2 cap hit for next year is going to be really hard to swallow, unless the deal coming back to you is based around NHL talent instead of youth. In fact, it would have to be.

Things I like about Buff

1) Helps with the Bruins identity.

2) He shoots right handed.

So given the stipulation that NHL salary would have to go back to Peg, I think a deal around Loui Eriksson would be the best Boston could do. I think Loui is a better player than Buff in a vacuum, but that Buff is probably a better fit in Boston. I don't think the Bruins would add much, if at all.

The Bruins could also offer you a deal based around picks/prospects (Spooner/Koko + 1st), but Chris Kelly would be included in the return as well for cap reasons.

Regarding the Montreal deal...I don't think that would be smart for Montreal since half their D is UFA next year and Gallagher and Galyenchuck are both RFAs in need of big raises...unless they played Buff on D.

Edit: If salary can be retained, we can keep Kelly/Eriksson, and give you something like Spooner/Koko + 1st + Cehlarik/Grzelcyk

i would need more info as to what Spooner and Khokhlachev bring to the table.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
i would need more info as to what Spooner and Khokhlachev bring to the table.

Offensive minded play making centers. Both bring speed and skill. Either way, it's likely that what the Bruins would want to give is not in line with what the Jets would want to get.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Just wait til he moves into the North End though. He'll blow up like a tick.

Cannoli's and good Italian food does not fit well with a good diet.

I think Buff could only come here as a forward because I think Julien would kill him if he was playing defense. I can't remember now but is Buff a left or right side player? Krejci has always seemed to do better when he had two big forwards in either side.

I don't think the Bruins can afford him though-both in cap hit and what the Jets would want for him.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
The nice thing about Buff at the moment is he's versatile to fill a few holes. R shot big body forward or able healthy D-man. I'm not completely sold on him as a player though, coupled with his cap hit, can't see it being a fit. Eventually the wounded will return too making his versatility less of a selling point.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
A line of: Lucic-Krejci-Byfuglien could be an absolute powerhouse.

that line would get skated out of the rink every night.. bruins have a breakout , krejci dishes to lucic. lucic makes a horrible pass to the center of the ice , the other skilled team takes it and starts to skate the other way.. at this point byfuglien had just passed the blue line and now has to turn and skate back towards dzone.. guy would be passed out by the end of the first.. slow lumbering guy that would just make the bruins weaknesses stand out that much more.. BUT he would have like three big hits and everyone could cheer and high five and claude will quitely nod in approvement as the opposing team skates past the rest of our team.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
also . you dont give up your first rounder this year.. too deep of a draft. im not an expert but when every single scout/analyst is saying that.. i believe em yo'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce