Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I really don't understand the fascination (and willingness to overpay) for guys like Buff and Stewart?

They're both tough, big, mean, and willing to fight;). But I agree with you, I honestly do not see the fascination with a guy like Stewart. I'm personally interested in Byfuglien because not only does he throw his weight around, but he can score goals and is proven in the playoffs. With that said, I don't think we personally have what the Jets want for him and even if we trade a guy like Smith for him, we'd have to add another significant piece(s) to make the trade. Is it worth it? I don't know, but I'd like to see how this roster plays when everyone is healthy before we make a move(s).

BudMovin*

If Ryder drove you crazy with his floating, you will hate Stewart... I'm not interested in Buff either. Guys who have trouble with conditioning are a train wreck in their 30s. Neither of these guys help us against the Habs.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
lol spooner, pastrnak, svedbeg, subban, soderberg and koko are untouchable now? i hope i just did not detect the sarcasm here. i would move anyone for the right price. even bergie. definitely kreji. and most definitely rask.

Yes..we end to draft some of our rockets like Bailey Chartier and Merkley and put them all on the Sam line.

You don't trade Krejci task or Bergeron unless your getting Crosby and Mallon back seriously.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We need to go with speed I agree. The days of rough and tough are over. No cup in Boston this year.

Rough and tough hockey is here for the foreseeable future, you can bet on it. Even if they stop
most of the fighting that remains in the game there will (hopefully) be hitting etc for a long time to come no matter what you heard some talking head say.

Yes..we end to draft some of our rockets like Bailey Chartier and Merkley and put them all on the Sam line.
You don't trade Krejci task or Bergeron unless your getting Crosby and Mallon back seriously.

WTH does this even mean???

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
We need to go with speed I agree. The days of rough and tough are over. No cup in Boston this year.

"Rough and Tough" hockey is what we need to get back to. We r the Bruins that's our identity that's who we are. That's why we employ Neely as our president and Chara as our Captain, with Lucic on our top line. I do not want to change our identity so we can play "fast hockey" with the Habs. We can add more skill and speed to the line up but we shouldn't change the makeup of this team. We win as the big bad Bruins we lose as the big bad Bruins. I for one don't want to play Montreal hockey.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I really don't understand the fascination (and willingness to overpay) for guys like Buff and Stewart?

I'm with you 100 percent. Stewart is relatively crap with the puck and has been a magnet for giving other teams PP opportunities. Yeah, two things this team really needs. It's pretty amazing that anyone on this board would want such a player, especially given the criticisms of the current team.

Buff is certainly a tempting player to want, but again, does he bring what we need? He's not a great defender whether he's playing wing or defenseman. He has been a minus player every damn year of his career. I know that too much can be made out of +/-, but still. I think he has peaked, or at best has maybe one or two more decent scoring years left. He hasn't looked great this year so far and his weight has to be something to consider. The impact of all that weight he carries means the odds are that his body will start breaking down sooner rather than later. His negatives outweigh any positives as they relate to helping the Bs.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I'm torn on which line Stewart will fit in better. With Krejci? Or with Soda? Maybe CJ can double shift him :sarcasm: Seriously, should've been a Bruin last week. Get it done Chia :yo:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Gross. Love Lucic. Would have to include MSL, Mcdonough, & Nash and even then I would have to think about it.
homerism at its best. rangers wouldnt move mcdonagh alone for lucic. or nash. and i dont blame them one bit. lucic is one of the most overpaid players in the game. and to think he might get a raise is laughable.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

No it isn't. People just like to pretend tough hockey doesn't exist anymore, which sucks because a lot of people who think that are Bruins fans.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
lol anisimov does nothing to help that oilers team but assume a role they will be able to easily fill from within next year

I disagree. Anisimov is more gritty than a lot of their forwards and gives them another reliable center. Perron is redundant on that team as they have enough skill guys. I mean no single move that team makes is going to fix their issues, but they have to make the moves they can and I don't think this one would be a bad one to start.

A Healthy Kelly*

I disagree. Anisimov is more gritty than a lot of their forwards and gives them another reliable center. Perron is redundant on that team as they have enough skill guys. I mean no single move that team makes is going to fix their issues, but they have to make the moves they can and I don't think this one would be a bad one to start.

he's a great backchecker and he's a lot smarter than people give him credit for but i don't think he offers enough in the way of "grit" to warrant perron value. i get that they're trading from a place of abundance in a sense, but i think you can get better than anisimov for him if you wait it out, and let's face it obv their season is over in EDM so no reason to rush something. plus anisimov is known for not being mentally "there" game in and game out, which certainly won't be mitigated in edmonton to say the least lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad