All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXIII: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Any chance Bogosian could be pried away from Buffalo? Would Murray be interested in a Smith + M.Subban package?

Seidenberg Hamilton
Chara Bogosian
Krug Miller
no chance. Bogosian is exactly what Buffalo wanted and would have no interest in moving him unless its an offer they cant refuse...definitely not what you offered.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Players I'd like to add:

James Neal: a shooting scoring RW for Krejci with a big body.

Zach Bogosian: RH top-4 dman whom replaces void left by Boychuk departure. Allows Chara to play less mins.

Tom Wilson: big nasty RH banger who may develop a scoring touch. Great physical presence for 3rd line.
everyone wants those guys...including the teams they play for. nashville needs more scoring, not taking their best one away. tom wilson is untouchable. and bogosian i already touched on. everyone is moveable for the right price, but those prices would be very steep. more than what everyone wants to move...reilly smith and a pick or prospect. reilly smith types are easy to find. malcolm subban has not proved a thing other than stinking out the joint in st louis.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I hate James Neal but think he is the perfect fit for Krejci. If the price is right I would love to go into the season with Lucic -Krejci - Neal as our top line. A healthy Krejci and a Lucic in a contract year could put that line back to the way it was with Horton. Maybe KoKo + the rights to Soderberg and Smith. If we were to resign Soderberg I would send Spooner for him.
we cant just give quantity for quality. why would nashville take 4 steps back from being a contender? enough with the horrible offers people. if nashville moves their best forward, its like us moving our best forward. do we want to move bergeron or krejci for a mid level prospect, pick and a 3rd line forward? answer is no, so think from the other end too. embarassing.

7bostonhockey*

Lucic-krejci- oshie

For smith +
smith + seidenberg they might go for.

I think st Louis is ready to move on from oshie. Or they need a shake up Of some kind. Could be good trading partners.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lucic-krejci- oshie

For smith +

I think st Louis is ready to move on from oshie. Or they need a shake up Of some kind. Could be good trading partners.

St. Louis might move on from Oshie, but only to clear cap space for Tarasenko's extension. No way are they taking back 7 + million in salary in Smith and Seidenberg.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Lucic-krejci- oshie

For smith +

Oshie is another example of exactly what this team doesn't need. Two- way, pass first player who winds up on a milk carton come playoff time.

Smith's rookie year was comparable to Oshie's best season and he's 6 years older.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney to me is both a Savy evaluator and patient. However, I'm not sure what he really thinks of Morrow as an NHL prospect or Krug as a top 4

Cassidy plays favorites regardless of talent and can ruin players confidence if they aren't his guys. claude favoritism sways towards experience and the ability to pick up the unique defenseman responsibility of letting the player come to you.

Cassidy would circumvent Sweeney to Peter but Claude would be more agreeable

I don't like Morrow in the Claude system. I saw a lot of him and not his style. The question is Morrow an NHL top 6? Top 4?

Krug would be a Norris Trophy finalist if 6'2" but he ain't.

He's handled well by Claude. He uses him wisely against bottom 6 forwards and starts out often in ofdensive zone play.

I'm not 100% sure he's a top 4 bit like Timonen who is very undersized he may grow into it with experience
I am more than comfortable with the forwards 1-15 and the goalies. The defense needs a big mobile second pair guy with a defensive base who can make a smart and accurate first pass

1 player - that player and I'm good

Is it Morrow?

I like Warsofsky but Chiarelli royally ducked up trading Sobotka and not getting back the defenseman I described in that deal projecting down the line

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
everyone wants those guys...including the teams they play for. nashville needs more scoring, not taking their best one away. tom wilson is untouchable. and bogosian i already touched on. everyone is moveable for the right price, but those prices would be very steep. more than what everyone wants to move...reilly smith and a pick or prospect. reilly smith types are easy to find. malcolm subban has not proved a thing other than stinking out the joint in st louis.

Forsberg is Nashville's best scorer. I think they could be persuaded to give up Neal (plus a young D like Ekholm or Ellis) for more strength down the middle and a young cost controlled F (e.g., Krejci + Smith).

7bostonhockey*

Oshie is another example of exactly what this team doesn't need. Two- way, pass first player who winds up on a milk carton come playoff time.

Smith's rookie year was comparable to Oshie's best season and he's 6 years older.

At least oshie hits and is heck to play agsinst.

I remember we traded seguin because we didnt need his speed in the regular season.
that worked out well for us.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
At least oshie hits and is heck to play agsinst.

I remember we traded seguin because we didnt need his speed in the regular season.
that worked out well for us.

But he isn't a heck to play against when it counts. He's also only cracked 20 goals once and 55 points twice in 7 seasons. I don't see him displacing anyone in Boston's top-6.

I don't even know what the Seguin comment has to do with Oshie sucking in the playoffs?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sweeney to me is both a Savy evaluator and patient. However, I'm not sure what he really thinks of Morrow as an NHL prospect or Krug as a top 4

Cassidy plays favorites regardless of talent and can ruin players confidence if they aren't his guys. claude favoritism sways towards experience and the ability to pick up the unique defenseman responsibility of letting the player come to you.

I don't like Morrow in the Claude system. I saw a lot of him and not his style. The question is Morrow an NHL top 6? Top 4?

He's handled well by Claude. He uses him wisely against bottom 6 forwards and starts out often in ofdensive zone play.

I'm not 100% sure he's a top 4 bit like Timonen who is very undersized he may grow into it with experience
I am more than comfortable with the forwards 1-15 and the goalies. The defense needs a big mobile second pair guy with a defensive base who can make a smart and accurate first pass

Is it Morrow?

I like Warsofsky but Chiarelli royally ducked up trading Sobotka and not getting back the defenseman I described in that deal projecting down the line

Timonen was a beast and strong defensively with great positioning.
I don't see Timonen in Krug.

I hope Hamilton will be our Hedman, he has the size and the skating for his size, D play is the queation and physicality.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Is it Morrow?

I agree with that need 100%, ideally a RH shot guy ... problem is I have no idea who that guy is :)

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Is it Morrow?

I haven't seen much of him, but we were so slow, thin, and weak on D last year that I can't see him not getting a call up, to give him a chance, if he showed even top 6 jam. I don't he's showed it, unfortunately, at least not yet. Just another wheel that's fallen off the disastrous Seguin trade, that Sweeney himself clearly disagreed with. Hope I'm wrong.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

He's pretty much exactly to what Sweeney was describing though...Aggressive, put everything on the line to win type of player and can skate on the top line. I'd take him on this team 1000 days a week.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
He's pretty much exactly to what Sweeney was describing though...Aggressive, put everything on the line to win type of player and can skate on the top line. I'd take him on this team 1000 days a week.

He's not though. Yes he likes to engage physically, yes he's a great two way player, yes he's great on the forecheck BUT when the playoffs hit and he is the one people are being physical with, he's the one getting pressured, he becomes a perimeter player and fades away. He's just doesn't push anybody out of Boston's top six and trading Smith or Loui for him is lateral move, at best, and I'd wager we regret trading the far younger Smith for a guy who is no offensive dynamo.

This team needs to revamp it's defense to become more mobile to facilitate the up tempo transition game the league is trenging towards and they need a player who can put the puck in the net. Oshie is neither.

7bostonhockey*

I think LA kings would be interested in seidenberg. Especially if Voynov is gone for good. Might be a good system for seids.

Dwight king for seidenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad