All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXIII: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Please please please chase down that potential 2nd round pick return on Chiarelli from the Oilers. This could be awesome for this draft! Bruins would hold the 14, 37 and either 33 or 61 depending on which of the Oilers picks they were to get, natural selection or their acquired one.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
You could argue that, but it would be a really dumb argument.

It wasn't the deepest. It wasn't the most talented.

It wasn't even deep or talented enough to beat a mediocre Habs squad in the second round.

The most talented squads the Bruins have fielded in recent years all had Seguin on them. We dipped, significantly, in talent, speed, skill, when he was traded. Period.

As opposed to the Seguin team that lost in the 1st round to a Washington Caps team? Or the Stanley Cup team where he played under half the playoff games and was an OT save away from the exact same fate as that team that lost in the 2nd round to a mediocre Habs team, or the SCF final team in which he had 1 goal in 22 games? That much less talented team put up a minimum of 14 more points than any team that Seguin was a part of.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I swear some guys in here just want the Bruins to be a team of goons, some of these proposals are awful

I am in that boat. The Bruins play better when they're playing for each other. We were complete goons in 2011. It's the Boston Bruins identity whether some like it or not. This team plays it's best hockey when playing tough.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I figured that since fixing the D is the #1 topic here, that this was an appropriate place to put Kalman's grades for the D this past year. I actually agree with much of it, especially his points on Chara, Seids, McQuaid and Miller.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/04/...nse-corps-has-plenty-of-room-for-improvement/

A lot of this grading is bs. He is clearly basing it on his own expectations. Trotman a B? Is that asserting that he was more valuable than Chara? I think he also very much undervalues McQuaid.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bruins trade David Krejci and Reilly Smith for Chris Kreider and Kevin Klein

Bruins trade Chris Kelly to New York Islanders for Matt Martin

Bruins trade Dennis Seidenberg for a few draft picks

Sign Andrej Sekera

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Loui Eriksson
Milan Lucic - Ryan Spooner - David Pastrnak
Brett Connolly - Carl Soderberg - Chris Kreider
Brian Ferlin - Alexander Khoklachev - Matt Martin

Dougie Hamilton - Zdeno Chara
Torey Krug - Kevin Klein
Andrej Sekera - Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
Niklas Svedberg

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
I am in that boat. The Bruins play better when they're playing for each other. We were complete goons in 2011. It's the Boston Bruins identity whether some like it or not. This team plays it's best hockey when playing tough.

Complete goons? I think that`s untrue. Won that cup with pure heart.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I figured that since fixing the D is the #1 topic here, that this was an appropriate place to put Kalman's grades for the D this past year. I actually agree with much of it, especially his points on Chara, Seids, McQuaid and Miller.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/04/...nse-corps-has-plenty-of-room-for-improvement/

Miller and McQuaid are what they are, bottom pairing d-men, a D is a little harsh.

Bart is garbage and I agree with you.

Seidenberg was terrible, $4 million for his play was beyond terrible, why they kept him and got rid of Boychuk is beyond me.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Seidenberg was terrible, $4 million for his play was beyond terrible, why they kept him and got rid of Boychuk is beyond me.

Let me answer that for you. Because in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs he was playing defense at a superior level. An area Johnny Boychuk has never approached. On par with Chara in the run to the Finals IMO. He signed his extension at an under market figure. Compare it to what Boychuk just got. He promptly blew his knee out. You are guilty of Classic 20/20 hindsight.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Let me answer that for you. Because in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs he was playing defense at a superior level. An area Johnny Boychuk has never approached. On par with Chara in the run to the Finals IMO. He signed his extension at an under market figure. Compare it to what Boychuk just got. He promptly blew his knee out. You are guilty of Classic 20/20 hindsight.

I know but it is easy to say it now. hahahah.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I know but it is easy to say it now. hahahah.

Just busting ya. I hope his play improves next year as much as anyone. I'll give ya two minutes. You sit down. You feel shame. Den dey set you free.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
A lot of this grading is bs. He is clearly basing it on his own expectations. Trotman a B? Is that asserting that he was more valuable than Chara? I think he also very much undervalues McQuaid.

Yeah it's clearly on a curve based on their expected or hoped for contribution in the role they were in. Trotman came up and did a very serviceable job while showing real top 4 potential and vast improvement over previous callups. One of McQuaid or Miller was hoped to step up and be top 4 and they both did not pass that test.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
The general feeling is that no one wants him to go, but that someone will pay him #4 money and he will price himself out of Boston. Boston already has Hamilton, Trotman and Miller as RHD signed for next year with Seidenberg able to play both sides.

If all three are in the top 6 next year Boston doesn't sniff the playoffs.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
As opposed to the Seguin team that lost in the 1st round to a Washington Caps team? Or the Stanley Cup team where he played under half the playoff games and was an OT save away from the exact same fate as that team that lost in the 2nd round to a mediocre Habs team, or the SCF final team in which he had 1 goal in 22 games? That much less talented team put up a minimum of 14 more points than any team that Seguin was a part of.

Seguin played on the team that won the Cup. That was the deepest and most talented Bruins team Chiarelli assembled. Pretty simple.

That Cup team also had Horton and a younger, healthier, Chara and Seids, among others. Iginla is great, but he doesn't make up for those significant differences.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I wouldn't count out Seidenberg. But, yes, Trotman and Miller should be fighting out the #6 spot. No need to have McQuaid in there making it 3 for one spot:

The sad fact is that Seids is getting old and slower and then you add his injury, we can't count on him to be strong 2nd pairing D, this D was a mess and I want it fixed.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Bruins trade David Krejci and Reilly Smith for Chris Kreider and Kevin Klein

Bruins trade Chris Kelly to New York Islanders for Matt Martin

Bruins trade Dennis Seidenberg for a few draft picks

Sign Andrej Sekera

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Loui Eriksson
Milan Lucic - Ryan Spooner - David Pastrnak
Brett Connolly - Carl Soderberg - Chris Kreider
Brian Ferlin - Alexander Khoklachev - Matt Martin

Dougie Hamilton - Zdeno Chara
Torey Krug - Kevin Klein
Andrej Sekera - Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
Niklas Svedberg

Sekera is getting 5m+ and will not be on the third paring. Inform yourselves this isn't NHL 15 where you can rip players off on contracts

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Miller and McQuaid are what they are, bottom pairing d-men, a D is a little harsh.

Bart is garbage and I agree with you.

They kept him over Boychuk, because what team is going to eat that contract and give up assets for a 30+ defenseman coming off of major knee surgery?

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Let's say they don't re-sign McQuaid, and let Bart walk..as they should, and don't add anyone. Does this D group make the playoffs?

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-Seidenberg
Morrow-Miller

Trotman

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Let's say they don't re-sign McQuaid, and let Bart walk..as they should, and don't add anyone. Does this D group make the playoffs?

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-Seidenberg
Morrow-Miller

Trotman

That group has the same problem that we had this year, who can play D at high level?

That will have offense but we need more from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad