All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXIII: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Any chance Bogosian could be pried away from Buffalo? Would Murray be interested in a Smith + M.Subban package?

Seidenberg Hamilton
Chara Bogosian
Krug Miller

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
With Mcyntire in the fold Subban absolutely becomes a trade chip IMO. Package him with a forward & draft pick and dangle to a rebuilding team for a defenseman.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Players I'd like to add:

James Neal: a shooting scoring RW for Krejci with a big body.

Zach Bogosian: RH top-4 dman whom replaces void left by Boychuk departure. Allows Chara to play less mins.

Tom Wilson: big nasty RH banger who may develop a scoring touch. Great physical presence for 3rd line.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
if you say they would prob get us the player... than say you don't know why st Louis would do it... then you actually mean theres no chance in hell they would ever get us pietrangelo in a trade.

maybe if all 3 guys were all 24 years old and on similar contacts the deal might be fair value but lucic and Eriksson are both around 30 years old and on the last year of their contacts now. both guys are coming off seasons where they look like they are no longer first line players even though they are being paid 10 mill between them.

a trade that might make more sense for someone like pietrangelo would be Hamilton to give st Louis the replacement they would need AND our first round pick AND something like pastranak or marchard or something else that would HURT to give up. The ONLY way st Louis deals their Norris trophy dman for anything shy of this type of return is if he either becomes a contract problem or if he demands a trade

Yeah no.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
They have two many forwards in the 2/3 line tweener category, not enough top 4 D. I'd like to see that balanced out.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Players I'd like to add:

Zach Bogosian: RH top-4 dman whom replaces void left by Boychuk departure. Allows Chara to play less mins.

Tom Wilson: big nasty RH banger who may develop a scoring touch. Great physical presence for 3rd line.

Hate Neal, but would definitely be intrigued with a scorer like him coming here. The only problem with him is that Nashville needs center help. I don't see them parting with Neal without us parting with Krejci Bergeron or Spooner. I wouldn't give up any of those three. If we used Koko, we would have to add a lot, and I don't think Subban/Mac would hold any value to them. Would probably end up having to deal Marchand/Lucic/Loui. If we could send a Koko, Smith,+ package, I'd like it, but I would imagine Neal has a higher cap hit than what we could send.

Bogosian: would love him here. Not sure how we could do it though.

Wilson: love him, definitely would want to have him on this team, but again I have no idea what Washington is really looking for.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Hate Neal, but would definitely be intrigued with a scorer like him coming here. The only problem with him is that Nashville needs center help. I don't see them parting with Neal without us parting with Krejci Bergeron or Spooner. I wouldn't give up any of those three. If we used Koko, we would have to add a lot, and I don't think Subban/Mac would hold any value to them. Would probably end up having to deal Marchand/Lucic/Loui. If we could send a Koko, Smith,+ package, I'd like it, but I would imagine Neal has a higher cap hit than what we could send.

Wilson: love him, definitely would want to have him on this team, but again I have no idea what Washington is really looking for.
Wilson, from Washington, he of a total 7goals, 27 points in two full seasons? Eh, no thanks.

Wilson from the Preds, on the other hand, I'm all in.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Wilson, from Washington, he of a total 7goals, 27 points in two full seasons? Eh, no thanks.

Wilson from the Preds, on the other hand, I'm all in.

Wouldnt want him on the third line that's for sure. I don't know his contract situation either, but he hits like a truck and we don't really have a physical presence on our fourth line as of now, and I think that would be a huge asset.

This team is missing a lot, we can't expect to sign all 50+ point guys and be good to go, especially in this cap situation.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Players I'd like to add:

Neal is a bit of a ****, but I've elsewhere pitched Krejci and Smith for Neal and Ekholm.

Add top level scoring talent and a young D. And Nashville are awash in good young D, and with Forsberg's emergence, need Neal much less. They get a legit play off performer and top line C in Krejci and a cost-controlled young former 20G scorer in Smith.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

See my proposal above.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
yea i made a similar proposal on the main boards and many people think we get fleeced, yet Nashville fans say no all because Ekholm is a lefty. Didn't even matter they they would be getting a 1c finally

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1893241&highlight=seth+jones
I didn't realize that Neal is only 27. Guess I had him confused with Ottawa's Neal. Yeah, love to have him. Acquiring him could also make Lucic available.

Is Jones on the Preds no- trade under any circumstances list?

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I didn't realize that Neal is only 27. Guess I had him confused with Ottawa's Neal. Yeah, love to have him. Acquiring him could also make Lucic available.

Is Jones on the Preds no- trade under any circumstances list?

I'd have to think he's costly, but not untouchable because of their top 2 Weber-Josi. If the return was right (hefty price) I think Jones is movable for them

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Given that Buffalo recently traded for Bogosian, I'd think that Tim Murray would not want to deal him. As for Seth Jones, if Boston dangled Krejci plus a prospect or decent pick, then Nashville would certainly listen. I doubt that a one-for-one Krejci-Jones deal is realistic; Boston would have to add something.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
yea i made a similar proposal on the main boards and many people think we get fleeced, yet Nashville fans say no all because Ekholm is a lefty. Didn't even matter they they would be getting a 1c finally

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1893241&highlight=seth+jones

Thanks! Didn't see that. Reactions really interesting.

Ekholm is going to be top 4 D. I think Nashville ownership would take a different view on the LH/RH D thing. They are rich in good young D.

Ryan Ellis -- I suppose he could be an alternative. Still a good contract (5 year, signed in 2014).

The key here is adding offense AND defense.

So, I'm not interested in a Krejci+ for a Weber, where NAS throws in a 3rd line plug.

We need top line offensive skill and a young D with top 4 upside.

DW/RS for Neal/Ekholm or Neal/Ellis gives us both AND as you say, gives us precious, precious, cap space.

How many years on Neal's deal? 5m/year a great contract for a 30+ goal scorer, with Smith, who scraped by with 13 last year, now earning 3.5m.

EDIT: just checked. It seems Neal is paid 5m/year until 2018. That's great cost control for a consistent 25-30 goal scorer.

Last edited:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Wonder if Luke Schenn will be of any interest to Sweeney.

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-Schenn
Morrow-McQuaid/Miller

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Wonder if Luke Schenn will be of any interest to Sweeney.

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-Schenn
Morrow-McQuaid/Miller

I could be wrong as I haven't watched him play much but I hear philly fans complain about him a lot. Always kinda reminded me of Jordie Benn in terms of how much I see their fanbases bash them.

Three Dog

Apr 12, 2015
I could be wrong as I haven't watched him play much but I hear philly fans complain about him a lot. Always kinda reminded me of Jordie Benn in terms of how much I see their fanbases bash them.

I havent watched him play much either, but It's tough to put any weight into what any fan base says. (unless their team is contending for the cup). .......the overwhelmingly large percentage of comments I hear/read in any fan base (including the Bruins), is negativity regarding their roster players.

It's probably better to ask people outside of said fanbase :) ....unbiased/disgruntled perspective.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I havent watched him play much either, but It's tough to put any weight into what any fan base says. (unless their team is contending for the cup). .......the overwhelmingly large percentage of comments I hear/read in any fan base (including the Bruins), is negativity regarding their roster players.

It's probably better to ask people outside of said fanbase :) ....unbiased/disgruntled perspective.

Even as a Bruins fan you can have an opinion on players.

My opinion on Luke Schenn - He had a phenomenal rookie season where he was a solid force in his own end and in the neutral zone, made smart pinches, was extremely effective closing off space and angling players to the boards where he would separate them from the puck. His only real weaknesses were foot speed, decision making with the puck and stick positioning. After his rookie year he put on a ton of muscle and all the extra weight seemed to hamper his skating ability which wasn't great to begin with. He also was ballooned into a bigger roll and with his decreased mobility found himself skating into trouble with the puck on his stick more often then not. His turnover numbers went through the roof and his confidence declined. His sophomore and junior years in the NHL he was a shadow of his rookie self. He still has not progressed since these years and still handles the puck like a live grenade and has problems keeping up with the NHL with his poor footwork and below average speed and agility. He's currently nothing more than a #5 and nothing points to him turning it around anytime soon.

He certainly has a Bruins edge to his game but he just isn't good enough nor fast enough to keep up in the NHL and is not worth his contract.

Three Dog

Apr 12, 2015
Even as a Bruins fan you can have an opinion on players.

My opinion on Luke Schenn - He had a phenomenal rookie season where he was a solid force in his own end and in the neutral zone, made smart pinches, was extremely effective closing off space and angling players to the boards where he would separate them from the puck. His only real weaknesses were foot speed, decision making with the puck and stick positioning. After his rookie year he put on a ton of muscle and all the extra weight seemed to hamper his skating ability which wasn't great to begin with. He also was ballooned into a bigger roll and with his decreased mobility found himself skating into trouble with the puck on his stick more often then not. His turnover numbers went through the roof and his confidence declined. His sophomore and junior years in the NHL he was a shadow of his rookie self. He still has not progressed since these years and still handles the puck like a live grenade and has problems keeping up with the NHL with his poor footwork and below average speed and agility. He's currently nothing more than a #5 and nothing points to him turning it around anytime soon.

He certainly has a Bruins edge to his game but he just isn't good enough nor fast enough to keep up in the NHL and is not worth his contract.

I'm not 100% sure how you intendended the bolded part, but thats what I meant. An opinion on a flyers player is probably better served by someone from our fan base, or ask another fanbase about Seidenberg (as long as the parties are informed/familiar with the player).... there is too much negative bias that comes with being a fan of a team that is currently golfing :) ....generally speaking.

Good review by the way. That was the impression ive always had from buddies who are leafs fans. ...but, like I mentioned... its tough to take their word for it, because theyre never happy with their players :)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I'm not 100% sure how you intendended the bolded part, but thats what I meant. An opinion on a flyers player is probably better served by someone from our fan base, or ask another fanbase about Seidenberg (as long as the parties are informed/familiar with the player).... there is too much negative bias that comes with being a fan of a team that is currently golfing :) ....generally speaking.

Good review by the way. That was the impression ive always had from buddies who are leafs fans. ...but, like I mentioned... its tough to take their word for it, because theyre never happy with their players :)

Haha. I meant no offense by what you put in bold from my response. I guess I read your quote as "take the other teams word for it...." My apologies if it came across as crass or pompous. It was not my intent.

Just trying to add some input to those who may not have seen Schenn play as much because IMO he's exactly what the Bruins defense needs less of.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I hate James Neal but think he is the perfect fit for Krejci. If the price is right I would love to go into the season with Lucic -Krejci - Neal as our top line. A healthy Krejci and a Lucic in a contract year could put that line back to the way it was with Horton. Maybe KoKo + the rights to Soderberg and Smith. If we were to resign Soderberg I would send Spooner for him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Given that Buffalo recently traded for Bogosian, I'd think that Tim Murray would not want to deal him. As for Seth Jones, if Boston dangled Krejci plus a prospect or decent pick, then Nashville would certainly listen. I doubt that a one-for-one Krejci-Jones deal is realistic; Boston would have to add something.

Nashville would hang up the phone. Their not trading Jones, especially not for a center just signed to a massive contract who just came off an injury plagued season. The only way I think a package of Krejci + that Nashville would even consider is if the plus is Hamilton, which as much as I like Jones is an overpayment and doesn't help Boston much.

GMs aren't dumb, they know you need a very good D-corps to be a contender and know how hard it is to acquire quality D-men, let alone a D like Jones whose got elite level potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad