All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXIII: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Call me crazy but I am still into the idea acquiring Kassian from Vancouver. I think there is some serious untapped potential there. I wonder if something could be done around Smith for Kassian as a basis. TBH I don't know what the Canucks are looking for.

I'm also 100% on board with Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak as a line. They are rough defensively but I am hopeful Spooner and Pastrnak, with more experience, will improve in that area.

Lou, you are crazy.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Couture, Pavelski, and Vlasic
for
Lucic, Krejci, Seidenberg, Koko and 2016 Bos 3rd.

Would probably have to make that 3rd a 1st, and even that probably wouldn't get it done. Vlasic is essentially what Seidenberg was in his prime, Pavelski is one of the top goal scorers in the league, and Couture is pretty damn good as well. At the very least:
Vlasic>> Seidenberg
Krejci>Couture
Pavelski> Lucic

A mid level prospect and a 3rd round pick is nowhere near enough to bridge that gap. Seidenberg and Lucic are pretty much at rock bottom trade value in comparison to any other points in their careers, and I think you can throw Krejci in there as well. I highly doubt SJ will want to send their best scorer, best defenseman, and another stud center over here for 3 players coming off their worst seasons of their careers.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Would probably have to make that 3rd a 1st, and even that probably wouldn't get it done. Vlasic is essentially what Seidenberg was in his prime, Pavelski is one of the top goal scorers in the league, and Couture is pretty damn good as well. At the very least:
Vlasic>> Seidenberg
Krejci>Couture
Pavelski> Lucic

A mid level prospect and a 3rd round pick is nowhere near enough to bridge that gap. Seidenberg and Lucic are pretty much at rock bottom trade value in comparison to any other points in their careers, and I think you can throw Krejci in there as well. I highly doubt SJ will want to send their best scorer, best defenseman, and another stud center over here for 3 players coming off their worst seasons of their careers.

True...worse when I looked up all the particulars...both teams could use a jolt, but the Sharks will get rid of Jumbo and Marleau first if possible I'm thinking..

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
One of Marchand or Lucic will be included in a package for Eberle. Schultz isn't coming here.

Yeah the only way I see Lucic going to Edmonton is if it's in a package for Eberle or Hall. Short of that I really can't see it. Again, not so sure PC would be in the mood to do the B's any solids either.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
If I'm Sweeney I look to clear salary with Loui, Kelly and Seids.

Loui probably brings back the best assets. I'd hate to do it, but Loui in conference to Pittsburgh or New Jersey have some solid mobile two-way defensive prospects knocking on the door and both have a glaring need for skilled top-6 wingers. Guys I'd inquire about: Harrington, Pouliot, Merril, Severson.

You could also look to trade Seids to see if I could flip at the draft for a 2nd/3rd + decent/good prospect. Maybe to Edmonton for their 2nd + Musil or 3rd + Marincin.

Tarde Kelly for a bag of pucks AKA a 3rd/4th/5th/literally a bag of pucks..

After that I'd target Petry in free agency.

2015-2016 Roster
Looch - DK - Pasta
Marchy - Bergy - Smith
Ferlin/UFA - Spooner - Connolly
Talbot - Kemppainen- Camera/UFA
Flick/Lindblad

Chara - Dougie
Marincin - Petry
Krug - Miller
Trotman/Morrow

Rask
Subban/UFA

Bigger, better skating D with better transition ability. Run Krug on both PPs. Limit Chara to second unit PK time and ES. Really start to lean on Dougie to be that stead top PP and PK guy and tons of ES time.

Doubtful all that happens, doubtful people agree but IMO the D is the biggest issue and they need to revamp it both on an NHL and AHL level. It needs to become more mobile with size and transition if it's going to compete with teams like NYR, TB, Montreal whose fast skilled forwards kill ya on the forecheck.

Right there with you, it's not super drastic but it makes sense.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Loui + Looch would probably get us Pietrangelo, that's also a reduction in 10M cap.

Don't see why the Blue's would do it though.

I liked Petry's play for the Habs but...from all the crap I heard when he was available at TDL saying hes an aggressive beast and plays like a Bruin blah blah blah I saw absolutely nothing to warrant any of that talk as feasible. He played solid D and scored a few goals, hardly the beast and god like big defensive player Boston is missing.

Winnipeg were a long way off in the playoffs, maybe they can be a trade partner, their D corpse is pretty big, Stuart/Buf/Myers just to name 3 of them, i'd take one of those, would rather Buf cos I know he can play forward AND D, he has a BOMB, and if he's bringing his huge hits the Gahhden will get into the game and the whole team will feed off his ferocity, now do Winnipeg do that for a package coming back from Boston? Probably not..but I'd be calling them about either of those 3 and seeing what they say, Winnipeg are flying a bit under the radar personnel wise/trade gossip wise.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Since im bored. This is probably way out there.

Trade Seidenberg, Smith, Prospect and pick to Winnipeg for Big Buff
Trade Kelly to the Islanders for Matt Martin
Sign Chris Stewart
Re-sign McQuaid, Hamilton, Spooner and Connolly

Marchand Bergeron Stewart
Eriksson Krejci Connolly
Lucic Spooner Pastrnak
Martin Koko Ferlin

Talbot
Randell

Chara Hamilton
Krug Big Buff
Morrow McQuaid

Trotman

Rask
Lindback

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Wonder if we could somehow acquire Sustr from Tampa.

Good lord NO! I swear you only like big players or something :laugh: he is terrible. Have you been watching the playoffs??? I was only having this conversation in the playoff thread the other day, hes been nothing but disappointing.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Good lord NO! I swear you only like big players or something :laugh: he is terrible. Have you been watching the playoffs??? I was only having this conversation in the playoff thread the other day, hes been nothing but disappointing.

I have, and haven't missed a game. Hes only 24, and looked really good in the Montreal series. He'll have time to grow, I'd take him on this team any day of the week.

BigBadBs4life

Jul 4, 2011
Halifax
I posted this in the Buffalo 21st pick what do Bruins fan think of Malcolm Subban plus Reilly Smith for the 21st overall pick in this years draft a few Buffalo posters thought it was fair gives us some cap room too

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Loui + Looch would probably get us Pietrangelo, that's also a reduction in 10M cap.

Don't see why the Blue's would do it though.

I liked Petry's play for the Habs but...from all the crap I heard when he was available at TDL saying hes an aggressive beast and plays like a Bruin blah blah blah I saw absolutely nothing to warrant any of that talk as feasible. He played solid D and scored a few goals, hardly the beast and god like big defensive player Boston is missing.

Winnipeg were a long way off in the playoffs, maybe they can be a trade partner, their D corpse is pretty big, Stuart/Buf/Myers just to name 3 of them, i'd take one of those, would rather Buf cos I know he can play forward AND D, he has a BOMB, and if he's bringing his huge hits the Gahhden will get into the game and the whole team will feed off his ferocity, now do Winnipeg do that for a package coming back from Boston? Probably not..but I'd be calling them about either of those 3 and seeing what they say, Winnipeg are flying a bit under the radar personnel wise/trade gossip wise.

if you say they would prob get us the player... than say you don't know why st Louis would do it... then you actually mean theres no chance in hell they would ever get us pietrangelo in a trade.

maybe if all 3 guys were all 24 years old and on similar contacts the deal might be fair value but lucic and Eriksson are both around 30 years old and on the last year of their contacts now. both guys are coming off seasons where they look like they are no longer first line players even though they are being paid 10 mill between them.

a trade that might make more sense for someone like pietrangelo would be Hamilton to give st Louis the replacement they would need AND our first round pick AND something like pastranak or marchard or something else that would HURT to give up. The ONLY way st Louis deals their Norris trophy dman for anything shy of this type of return is if he either becomes a contract problem or if he demands a trade

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Since im bored. This is probably way out there.

Trade Seidenberg, Smith, Prospect and pick to Winnipeg for Big Buff
Trade Kelly to the Islanders for Matt Martin
Sign Chris Stewart
Re-sign McQuaid, Hamilton, Spooner and Connolly

Marchand Bergeron Stewart
Eriksson Krejci Connolly
Lucic Spooner Pastrnak
Martin Koko Ferlin

Talbot
Randell

Chara Hamilton
Krug Big Buff
Morrow McQuaid

Trotman

Rask
Lindback

Martin makes $1m a yr and has led the nhl in hits , each of the last 2-3 seasons. Isles won't be interested in Kelly's salary or in breaking up one of the most effective bottom 6 lines in the league.

The isles forward I expect to be moved in 27 yr old Grabner coming off a couple of disappointing, injury filled seasons. His salary is $5m, but his cap hit on a reasonable $3m. With the cap expected tobe lower tthen expected, I think the isles are hoping this makes Grabner more attractive trade bait, as they look to ease a forward glut and recoup a few draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad