All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXI: Chia you got some splainin to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't change up the core. We need better complementary pieces that play to our identity. This team lacked so much mental toughness all year. No emotion, no heart, no effort. If we miss the playoffs, Julien will most likely be fired.

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-(Top RW)
(Gritty Winger)-Spooner-Connolly
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
(Top 4)-(Top 4)
Krug-Miller

Rask-(New Backup)

Out/Make Available:
Campbell
Paille
Soderberg
Eriksson
Smith
Seidenberg
Bartkowski

Regroup for next year, build a machine. This core is too strong. We'd be in playoff contention if it weren't for injuries. I know that's a weak way of thinking but it's true. Get a good pick in the draft this year. Not a rebuild, but a regroup.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't change up the core. We need better complementary pieces that play to our identity. This team lacked so much mental toughness all year. No emotion, no heart, no effort. If we miss the playoffs, Julien will most likely be fired.

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
(Top 4)-(Top 4)
Krug-Miller

Rask-(New Backup)

Out/Make Available:
Campbell
Paille
Soderberg
Eriksson
Smith
Seidenberg
Bartkowski

Regroup for next year, build a machine. This core is too strong. We'd be in playoff contention if it weren't for injuries. I know that's a weak way of thinking but it's true. Get a good pick in the draft this year. Not a rebuild, but a regroup.

Chara and Lucic are two core pieces I would definitely look into trading. I'm still fine building around Bergeron and Krejci up front with Marchand as the secondary piece, and hopefully Spooner, Pastrnak and Connolly becoming increasingly more important going forward.

The D is a mess right now. We have to be committed to Hamilton, but I really don't want to be. I honestly can't believe how quickly the top 4 fell apart this year.

Rask can be frustrating, but he's still elite. We're in it for the long haul with him, for better or worse.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
(Top 4)-(Top 4)
Krug-Miller

Rask-(New Backup)

Out/Make Available:
Campbell
Paille
Soderberg
Eriksson
Smith
Seidenberg
Bartkowski

We honestly still need a legit top line winger. Maybe that's Connolly, but the guy hasn't played a game for us yet. And he wasn't a top liner at Tampa. So...

And Reilly Smith is a wash. A non-factor out there, game in and game out. He should be traded, with other pieces, for a better winger.

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
still can't believe he didn't get a D at the deadline and now it's going to kill us if Dougie is out for long.

We've lost Boychuk, Miller and Dougie from our top 6, not to mention Chara and Seids having probably less than 2 good knees between them.

It's no wonder this team is struggling and Chia has nobody to blame but himself.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Defense is our main downfall.
We need to trade some of our filler players for cap space.
I would show 0 loyalty to a group that just can't get it done right now.

Campbell, Kelly, Smith, Lucic, you name it. None of them should be untouchable if we can make a trade to improve our club.

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
If we trade Chara/Seids. and people are looking for someone to Hamilton to play with for the future. Why not Brent Seabrook? I don't think the Blackhawks would be able to afford him after next season. They might think about a Seids, Prospect, and Pick for Seabrook?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If we trade Chara/Seids. and people are looking for someone to Hamilton to play with for the future. Why not Brent Seabrook? I don't think the Blackhawks would be able to afford him after next season. They might think about a Seids, Prospect, and Pick for Seabrook?

I'd love to get Seabrook in Boston.

But if Chicago did trade him they are not taking money back like Seidenberg.

Chicago are in cap problems but Richards and Vermette will walk. They'll move out Sharp's contract and maybe Bickell's to make space for Toews/Kane/Saad.

With Oduya a UFA I don't see Chicago parting with any of their "big 3" on D in Keith/Seabrook/Hjallmarsson.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I'd love to get Seabrook in Boston.

But if Chicago did trade him they are not taking money back like Seidenberg.

Chicago are in cap problems but Richards and Vermette will walk. They'll move out Sharp's contract and maybe Bickell's to make space for Toews/Kane/Saad.

With Oduya a UFA I don't see Chicago parting with any of their "big 3" on D in Keith/Seabrook/Hjallmarsson.

Ah, that's good management. They're keeping a top 4 D over some complementary pieces that have little no impact to their team.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

If he's available the B's certainly need to look at him. He or Hjalmarsson fit the mold.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If he's available the B's certainly need to look at him. He or Hjalmarsson fit the mold.

Hjalmarsson is a beast,
the players they are trying to trade/let walk are,

Oduya, Bickell, Sharp, Shaw, Vermette, Richards, that's a lot of cap,
also Timonen will retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad