All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXI: Chia you got some splainin to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I want to say at least we're not Toronto or Edmonton, but that's not much comfort at the moment..

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Even if Campbell is done for the year, Talbot is where on your centers chart when the playoffs start?

Bergeron
Krejci
Soderberg
Kelly
Spooner

But oh thank goodness we have a veteran for our 4th line next year at a higher number than we need.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

Don't mind the two deals he made. Not at all.

But he needed to address the defense and SOMEHOW failed to do so.

Overall fail.

If the team doesn't make the Conference Final, Chiarelli should be fired.

I am with you MMB. I am pissed right now. I was willing to be paitent and wait until the deadline for the series of moves after JB was traded.

This didn't cut it.

rbbruins

Aug 2, 2005
Here's what I don't get - well respected people like Dom & Kirk who have reliable connections were fairly certain there were a number of deals to be had, and expected them to start falling over the weekend. I'm not even going to bring up that "hush hush" rumour that was out there via Twitter.

So what happened? Those guys would not have gone out there and said things if they weren't relatively sure; their reputations and history have proven that.

Was there bad info out there? Was PC out-manouvered? Did he get scared off and refused to pull the trigger?

Obviously this is just me typing a bunch of stuff, I don't expect answers, but what I do expect is another blah PC press conference. I've defended him for a while, but after today's performance (or lack thereof) I'm starting to gravitate towards those who can't stand him. I just don't get what happened today after the Connelly deal. That was a good move. It practically screamed "OK here's a replacement for a forward or two who are on the move."

Now it feels like Pasta and Spooner will be watching a lot of hockey from the press box, the defense is one injury away from completely imploding, and the B's front office is oblivious.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I want to say at least we're not Toronto or Edmonton, but that's not much comfort at the moment..

We are soon joining them if chia can't pull a miracle in the offseason,
he fiixed nothing and eastern teams got stronger, florida+buffalo are going to be a lot stronger next year and we are already falling.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
"This organization will be better off this year and next year with another veteran, 4th line center in the fold."

That's a decision they made today.

I strongly disagree with it.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Even if Campbell is done for the year, Talbot is where on your centers chart when the playoffs start?

Bergeron
Krejci
Soderberg
Kelly
Spooner

But oh thank goodness we have a veteran for our 4th line next year at a higher number than we need.

We both know the market is horrendous for 4th liners in the offseason.
You can't just go and pick up a Dominic Moore or Manny Malhotra for cheap on 1-2 year deals. It just doesn't happen.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Get ready, boys.

Lucic - Talbot - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Connolly - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Kelly - Ferlin

Spooner in the pressbox.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Do we know that the Bruins are done yet? It took forever to announce the Caron deal so they could still be waiting to make the trade call.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

Don't mind the two deals he made. Not at all.

But he needed to address the defense and SOMEHOW failed to do so.

Overall fail.

If the team doesn't make the Conference Final, Chiarelli should be fired.

Have you watched the Panthers play since getting Jagr? They look like a playoff team. I hope we somehow hold them off, but I won't be surprised if we are on the outside looking in. Maybe BC was miscast in Tampa and breaks out here, but I think it's more likely his shooting % comes back down to earth. We could have gotten a Talbot type player in the offseason for league minimum, not sure how he commitment of 1.8mil next season helps this team.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Kelly 3mil 1.75 Talbot are your fourth line players next season

4.75mil for a fourth line and that's not even counting another winger...Where is the savings here? If anything the bruins have a bunch of prospects ready for fourth line duty...why, I just don't understand the necessity for another expensive fourth liner.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Some of you just don't get it with your pro management stance. Some prices were ridiculous others weren't. Petry for a second was worth it. Sven Baerstchi for a second is worth it. Stewart for a 2nd in 2017. Instead this team got Talbot and overpaid for Connolly. Still saddled with stiffs Paille, Campbell and Kelly. Still have underachieving Smith. Declining Seidenberg. Soderberg is a UFA after this year and may now lose him for nothing. PC said the Boychuk trade was the first of many.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
why werent we in on in wisniewski? big cap hit but get him for the postseason and use him as trade bait at the draft. so confused right now..love the connolly trade, hate letting cunny go and im even dissapointed at letting caron go.. he was perfect for the 4th line . im .... just .... so .... confused with chiarelli.. i think arrogance got in the way of alot of deals. and why the hell do you not move the yeti.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Look on the upside, nobody expects them to go far if they even make the play-offs; but they still have their 1st pick and the Flyers 2nd in a deep draft.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I can't wait to see Spooner and Ferlin sent back to Providence to give Campbell and Talbot spots on the roster.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
why werent we in on in wisniewski? big cap hit but get him for the postseason and use him as trade bait at the draft. so confused right now..love the connolly trade, hate letting cunny go and im even dissapointed at letting caron go.. he was perfect for the 4th line . im .... just .... so .... confused with chiarelli.. i think arrogance got in the way of alot of deals. and why the hell do you not move the yeti.

the big one probably fell through.

im not even going to add that ****ing sarcastic face.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
just eh. Talbot as a player is fine and for Caron, not bad value.

But it's gonna be kinda lame to see Spooner have to sit again...and if we decide to keep Kelly and Talbot instead of paying Soderberg...well then...I don't know what!

Spooner deserves a longer look on this team and once Krejci comes back...I have a feeling he will be the odd man out again.

Just frustrating...should have waived Campbell and kept Cunningham.

I do think Talbot will still have some dumping value if they want to move him after this season..or even on waivers I think someone takes a chance on him. I just don't see why you would have Kelly at 3.5 and Talbot at 1.75 on the same team...we need to free up money to resign Krug, Smith, Hamilton, Soderberg....well there is almost 5 million between the two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad