Status
Not open for further replies.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
let me preface by saying that I don't think we are going to be making any big trades; but just for fun, I was reading on the trade board that a Winnipeg fan was looking for a #1 center.

So I propose Krejci & Eriksson for Wheeler, Stuart, and a prospect. We could re-up Soderberg to create a new "700 pound line" :laugh:

Lucic-Soda-Wheeler

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'm assuming any deal he had in place for a defenseman fell through.

Chiarelli's best deadline move right now is NOT moving Spooner for scraps or a rental (even though it was rumored that he made an offer earlier).
Spoons and a 2nd for Stewart. Man would that have been a horrible trade

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'll look at the dollars later to see how it all break down but I think we look ok for next season just letting guys walk.

Lucic krejci Eriksson
Marchand bergeron Connolly
Smith spoons Pastrnak
Kelly Talbot Ferlin

Hamilton chara
krug Seidenberg
Bartkowski/McQuaid X
Miller
I actually wouldn't mind both coming back really but some kind of upgrade on the d would be good.

I think we need a back up goalie, a 4/5 d and 13th forward. Would like to see a scrappy 13th forward. Not a goon but someone that can play a physical game and drop them from time to time. That 3rd line may need someone other than smith for toughness purposes

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
1A) Marchand - Bergy - Smith (Why screw with a good thing)

1B) Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly (Loui & DK finally play together)

1C) Looch - Spoons - Noodles (Something you'd hear in Milan's kitchen)

4th) Kelly - Talbot - Ferlin

Those top 3 lines are pretty damn good!

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
I'm really hoping for some bigger changers...one or two big name players moved for skill/speed. Chara for promising D plus and Krejci or Lucic for Hall. Need some changes.

Have you even seen Hall play? And not one game I mean on a consistent basis.

Why do you think he is that much more of an upgrade then Lucic. I can tell you right now with Juliens system Hall will want out in 2 years. I watch a lot of oiler games and he is a defensive liability, he's hurt a lot and some say he's got a terrible attitude.

Why do you wanna trade our
Core guys with a consistently bad teams core guys. Makes no sense. Oilers are last place every year for a reason and it starts with guys like Hall and Eberle

What people don't understand is it is amazing that Lucic plays the way he does and has managed to stay healthy for the most part. You will regret loosing Lucic. He's having a bad year this year but everyone on the bruins are. Now they are starting the play and lucic game is coming back together.

Would not trade any core guys for Hall and by core I mean

Hamilton Lucic Krecji Bergeron Marchand.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Matt O'Connor

I think the Bruins should try to sign this guy, Subban and McIntyre are both at least a couple years away and O'Connor could be exactly what the Bruins need, if he lives up to his potential he could allow Tuukka valuable rest at times and may even push him a little. He Can't do much worse than Svedberg who is gone after this year anyway and it would not cost any assets to get him. He may even surprise like Hammond and steal the show. If he, Subban and McIntyre all develop nicely then great can't have enough goaltending and someone gets dealt for other assets.

Hockey64

Nov 6, 2014
Western Mass
What is the right blueprint for the B's moving forward? There are so many angles to tackle this from; age, performance relative to salary, style of team (fast and skilled or heavy or perhaps a hybrid)?

The Stanley Cup team from 2011-2014 was based on "heavy" formula that included toughness throughout lineup. Lucic had a linemate (Iggy or Horton) to share direct conflicts while on ice along with some heavy D in the form of Chara, McQuaid. Additionally, had Thorton to handle any designated goons. The lack of support in that area is one of the reasons I believe Lucic is not the player we all want him to be and once was.

No idea what the blueprint going forward is but the size and/or style of many of the forward group doesn't necessarily fit "heavy". Spooner, Pasternak, Kreji, Smith, Erickson, Marchand (love his spunk but not heavy) and even Bergeron (though he plays tough, not heavy). Add in bringing in top prospects like Koko along with a look at our 4th line of Campbell (willing to protect but is painful to watch), Talbot and Paille and we are one very small group up front. Not enough skill to go that theme and MUCH TOO SMALL to go heavy.

And the D is not exactly robust either with Krug, Bartkowski Trotman along with Chara and Seids not playing a heavy game. McQuaid is the only one I would consider a heavy player that inflicts fear and will stand up for not only himself but teammates. And his is a UFA.

Not sure where I am going with this other than to say that Chia or some other new GM has their work cut out for them next year to first of all establish a blueprint and then deal with getting the players to fill that blueprint in.

The GM, whoever it will be, will need to navigate through no trade clauses, salary cap issues and keeping a culture where Boston continues to be an attractive destination for players to come. Best of luck to that person and I certainly look forward to the next 10 to 12 weeks!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'm thinking some of these guys with NTC will waive them to go some where else.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Jimmy Vesey of Harvard

Are the Bruins going to be going after this kid ? This lad is a forward with size, decent speed and skill and plays right in our backyard. He is the #1 ranked college free agent.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Are the Bruins going to be going after this kid ? This lad is a forward with size, decent speed and skill and plays right in our backyard. He is the #1 ranked college free agent.

He's Nashville Predators property.

Last edited:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
What about an offseason trade around Krejci & Krug for Jack Johnson and Scott Hartnell. Am I undervaluing our guys as usual?? We could dump Kelly, and have enough left over to re-sign Soderberg & McQuaid, and go after a banger for the 4th line; I like Jordin Tootoo.

Lucic-Soda-Loui
March-Bergy-Pasta
Hartnell-Spoon-Connolly
Tootoo-Talbot-Ferlin

JJ-Dougie
Chara-Seids
Morrow-Mcquaid

Rask

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
What about an offseason trade around Krejci & Krug for Jack Johnson and Scott Hartnell. Am I undervaluing our guys as usual?? We could dump Kelly, and have enough left over to re-sign Soderberg & McQuaid, and go after a banger for the 4th line; I like Jordin Tootoo.

Lucic-Soda-Loui
March-Bergy-Pasta
Hartnell-Spoon-Connolly
Tootoo-Talbot-Ferlin

JJ-Dougie
Chara-Seids
Morrow-Mcquaid

Rask

:laugh:

No.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
johnson and hartnell are terrible.

really??

Hartnell would be our leading scorer, and plays a physical game that we are lacking; and JJ plays 24 minutes a game, has tons of hits and blocked shots, and produces more than Krug on the power play, and is signed to a very good deal.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I just want a top 4 defenseman for October. Via trade or FA signing. Next years team will be better than this years.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
really??

Hartnell would be our leading scorer, and plays a physical game that we are lacking; and JJ plays 24 minutes a game, has tons of hits and blocked shots, and produces more than Krug on the power play, and is signed to a very good deal.

I'd argue that Krejci would be our leading scorer if he wasn't injured all year.

Meusoc

Dec 15, 2014
I just want a top 4 defenseman for October. Via trade or FA signing. Next years team will be better than this years.

Not even close! This team has aging veterans, bad contracts and only marginal prospects that will be no better than 2nd liners if they're lucky. This team will be in for a rough road the next 3-6 years.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
really??

What would Hartnell's numbers look like in the Julien system and where 4 lines minutes are spread out equally. Sort of like how Loui's #'s looked great in Dal but just mediocre here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad