Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XXIII: Almost 9:35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Fair question. Does anyone think this team will actually be better next year? I don't. Not without major retooling.

I have been stressing all year that while Krejci and Bergeron are indeed in their prime and while the cap is an issue for the NHL and the Boston Bruins, they need to change their philosophy from a top 9 with a 4th line that contributes to a top six and a bottom six.

The idea is that you rely more heavily on the top six for minutes and use the 4th line as a dump and chase energy line while your third line becomes a ELC/youth line that allows for Providence Bruins players to get their shot.

Lucic - Krejci - 1st line RW
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
XXX - XXX - XXX
Paille - Kelly - Cunningham

It is a shift from the current philosophy and re-allocates the cap money from the third line to the 1st line RW/2nd line RW if you believe Pastrnak belongs with Lucic and Krejci.

It has been the root of my push for Kassian. Eriksson, Kelly and Soderberg with their cap gets moved (Kelly to center the 4th line) and you go into next season with:

XXX - Khokhlachev - Kassian

That 3rd line LW is open at camp as well as possibly Paille's spot. Khokhlachev and Kassian played together in Windsor and this opens up your 1st line RW cap space.

So, 'yes' I believe next year could be better simply by shifting focus and cap space from the 3rd line to the 1st line and exploring moving Kelly if possible.

Minutes increase for Bergeron and Krejci's lines after the All-Star break.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Stop making your selves crazy if being BFF will get a guy to sign.

It is and will continue to be about the money.

It's always about the money.

Couldn't agree more. I like that almost as much as "he's a BC boy, let's trade him there", as if it matters.

Sorry, I'm just itching for something good to happen.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
yep, wondering if Arizona would retain any $$

Would that even be an issue? Considering well only have him for a few months and there's no cap in the playoffs I think we'd be fine. Them retaining would also drive up the price and I don't want him in the first place so I'd rather not.

I miss capgeek

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Stop making your selves crazy if being BFF will get a guy to sign.

It is and will continue to be about the money.

It's always about the money.

Except that time Wheeler signed here. Phoenix offered him max; Bruins offered less and he came here. Kessel connection?

Also Vanek to Minnesota.

Money is usually involved, but it's not always #1 priority.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
I don't quite understand it either. He has one less goal than Eriksson and two more assists and is three years older.

I think it is just one of the best options, easily available.

If Chia and co. were to really fish and come across desperate for a deal, we might get something entirely unfair. Like trying to sell something to a pawn shop. Expect to be treated like the desperation dictates.

The team will be no better or worse after the trade deadline. There simply isn't the oppourtunity the Bruins need at the present time.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
And you know its gonna bend Chiarelli over and out of his 1st rd pick.He does that he dumber then i think he is now.

Given the price tag on Vermette and his stats being almost identical to Eriksson's and Soderberg's, I certainly would be exploring moving both together to a team that has interest in signing Soderberg July 1st.

Carolina, Edmonton, Arizona, San Jose, Vancouver, Toronto and even Chicago all come to mind.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Well, if they were indeed going to move Eriksson to try and upgrade on defense then shipping out Soderberg in a separate deal and bringing in Vermette to replace him would make sense.

It still doesn't address the real issue that has been here since July 1st:

1st line Right-Wing

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Given the price tag on Vermette and his stats being almost identical to Eriksson's and Soderberg's, I certainly would be exploring moving both together to a team that has interest in signing Soderberg July 1st.

Carolina, Edmonton, Arizona, San Jose, Vancouver, Toronto and even Chicago all come to mind.

Boston can not afford to let Soda walk or pay to much.They better know what they doing here.Monday close.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
Chia could be the next star for the movie Dumb and Dumber Three.

Cam could have a cameo in this one too.

When they struck gold in 2011, I think the tendency was to believe they were on to something. Couple that with having to spend on proven cup winners, and voila.

As much as the 2013 finals was incredible, it was nearly a first round exit.

I think Boston was lucky to see the success, and this year is somewhat supporting that.

I'd say the sun was setting on the team, but I want to delude myself for a year or two longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce