Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XXIII: Almost 9:35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Coach, do you believe Kassian solves the Bruins scoring/skills gap?

I'm not against a Kassian acquisition in principle, but I really don't think he's a top line RW, which is what we need the most right now.

And if you agree Kassian is not the complete answer, what is the next move, once Bruins move pieces to acquire him?

I mean, can the Bruins not have a single player who is producing points in the top 50 or even 60 in the league? It really is quite something, how mediocre this team's scoring has been.

To be completely honest with you now, I have no idea. I knew the Kassian situation that Dom is bringing to light tonight back in January and passed it along to the mods on the Boston and Vancouver boards as well as the people I knew in the media in both cities.

From what I knew paired with Dom's talk about the 24th as D-day, the members of the media will be asking Kassian some questions after this game.

That's it. I'm no insider I just have a couple friends who usually never talk their teams or organizations who shared that info with me over a few too many drinks while in town.

Has been fun watching how the Canucks management has handled the situation though. Even more entertaining to watch the Vancouver media talk Kassian being traded/scratched so much to warm the fans up to it perhaps. I even kept to the rules and only told the Mods in Vancouver because I am not giving out who told me and told them that if/when it breaks they can actually believe me.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
To be completely honest with you now, I have no idea. I knew the Kassian situation that Dom is bringing to light tonight back in January and passed it along to the mods on the Boston and Vancouver boards as well as the people I knew in the media in both cities.

From what I knew paired with Dom's talk about the 24th as D-day, the members of the media will be asking Kassian some questions after this game.

That's it. I'm no insider I just have a couple friends who usually never talk their teams or organizations who shared that info with me over a few too many drinks while in town.

Has been fun watching how the Canucks management has handled the situation though. Even more entertaining to watch the Vancouver media talk Kassian being traded/scratched so much to warm the fans up to it perhaps. I even kept to the rules and only told the Mods in Vancouver because I am not giving out who told me and told them that if/when it breaks they can actually believe me.

Do you think Kassian ends up a Bruin? Maybe even tonight/tomorrow?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Kassian's contract is cheap enough but if this happens, it better be a minor deal... kassian solves almost nothing

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm not against Zach on the 4th line, but I doubt he's much better than that, so I hope the price is cheap.

Tell me that:

Eriksson - Soderberg - Kassian

...wouldn't be a great third line going into the playoffs. A little bit of everything AND if Soderberg is traded or walks at the end of this year Khokhlachev takes his spot (played with Kassian in Windsor) on that 3rd line.

BONUS: Paille - Kelly - Cunningham

4th line gets Kelly as their center.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Tell me that:

...wouldn't be a great third line going into the playoffs. A little bit of everything AND if Soderberg is traded or walks at the end of this year Khokhlachev takes his spot (played with Kassian in Windsor) on that 3rd line.

Coach, in your opinion, should Kassian get traded here, who's going back to Vancouver? To me, Bartkowski is probably the guy.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Tell me that:

I like that third line. Also, drop Paille and have Ferlin on the fourth.

BUT what I'm worried about is still the top line. Pasta shouldn't have to play on the top line. This team struggles with scoring, and Kassian is not going to be a game changer in that department.

We should deal Smith in a package of assets for a legit top line winger.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Coach, in your opinion, should Kassian get traded here, who's going back to Vancouver? To me, Bartkowski is probably the guy.

Before it was Bartkowski talk from Vancouver media. I really am liking his game with Seidenberg.

I thought Spooner and a pick was the move and now we are...

...and boom.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Pretty slick move by Vancouver to put Kassian on the top line with the Sedins, to boost his value on the trade front.

No offense to Kassian-- and I'm not a Sedin fan-- but I think a fire hydrant could probably score PPG on their line.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I like that third line. Also, drop Paille and have Ferlin on the fourth.

BUT what I'm worried about is still the top line. Pasta shouldn't have to play on the top line. This team struggles with scoring, and Kassian is not going to be a game changer in that department.

We should deal Smith in a package of assets for a legit top line winger.

Like who? Not sure there are many (any?) top line wingers available.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Boychuk scored again tonight.

He now has 7 goals.

That's the same number of goals as:

David Krejci
Chris Kelly

And more goals than:

Gregory Campbell
Dan Paille
Chara
Griffith

Bi Coastal Bawse*

While our GM is looking at 36 year old Eric Cole MTL, NY and CHI GMs are scouting games and will be making moves soon I bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad