Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XXIII: Almost 9:35

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Maybe I'm naïve, but based on how the season went, how he fit well, was successful, etc.. I think he would have taken a discount to stay. If I recall correctly, Bruins did not want to give him 3 years, which ended up being the sticking point since he wanted to "settle" somewhere.

IIRC the bruins gave him an incentive contract in 2013. So a base salary and incentives on games played, goals, etc. I don't know how much that ended up being (I miss capgeek) but I think it was close to $5 million total.

Even he takes a discount on the $16 offered by Colorado of say $3 million, that's $13 million over 2 or 3 years. That's a pretty big stretch.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You know things are bleak when Michael ****ing Ryder is the answer to our prayers

Oof

Bringing Ryder in won't make a difference against he habs, this is 2015. This team is nowhere near the team this was few years ago, too many lost players and 2 most important D's past their prime.

And Seidenberg has had plenty of time to find his game and even before he's injury he wasn't the same guy, Chara seems to be our only hope, we have to get him in shape.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Trade Yeti for a 1st+prospect
Get Stewart for a 2015 3rd
Deal Paille and Campbell for anything.

Until Krejci comes back:

March-Bergy-Loui
Lucic-Spooner-Stewart
Smith-Kelly-Pasta
Caron-CC-Ferlin

Playoffs:

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
March-Bergy-Loui
Smith-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-CC-Ferlin

Than dangle the 1st you got in the Yeti trade at the draft to get a Young top-6 W.

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
antoine vermette and chris kelly are the same player except kelly is 2 years older. if vermette gets a 1st + they should dangle kelly.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Get Ryder for a 2016 5th

Until Krejci comes back:

March-Bergy-Pasta
Lucic-Spooner-Stweart
Smith-Kelly-Ryder
Caron-CC-Ferlin

Playoffs:

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
March-Bergy-Pasta
Smith-Spooner-Ryder
Kelly-CC-Ferlin

Than dangle the 1st you got in the Yeti trade at the draft to get a Young top-6 W.

With Eriksson the healthy scratch.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
antoine vermette and chris kelly are the same player except kelly is 2 years older. if vermette gets a 1st + they should dangle kelly.

Vermette has more skill in his left nut than Kelly has in his entire body. Vermette will get a 1st and will really help someone.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Get Ryder for a 2016 5th

Until Krejci comes back:

March-Bergy-Pasta
Lucic-Spooner-Stweart
Smith-Kelly-Ryder
Caron-CC-Ferlin

Playoffs:

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
March-Bergy-Pasta
Smith-Spooner-Ryder
Kelly-CC-Ferlin

Save the 5th, and play Eriksson instead.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So glad they created the other thread for just rumors...

2 of the 4 pages have zero rumors except more thoughts identical to this one except for the one I posted yesterday...

...just merge it back when the new thread opens.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

Chris Kelly has reached 20 goals once in his entire career. In fact, he's had more than 15 goals only once.

Antoine Vermette has scored at least 20 goals in 4 different seasons, at least 19 in 6. They are not at all the same exact player. Vermette is considerably better.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Vermette has more skill in his left nut than Kelly has in his entire body. Vermette will get a 1st and will really help someone.

Vermette is definitely more skilled and someone will give up a 1st and he will likely help that team. But that team can't be the Bruins, it just can't, they can't be trading that pick for a guy like Vermette.

Imagine trading Pastrnak for Vermette? OUCH.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Vermette is definitely more skilled and someone will give up a 1st and he will likely help that team. But that team can't be the Bruins, it just can't, they can't be trading that pick for a guy like Vermette.

Oh agreed. Bruins can't trade their first.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

The list of players on the market, I wouldn't give a 1st for anyone. Even less when that 1st can drop in the McDavid Sweepstake.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Chris Kelly has reached 20 goals once in his entire career. In fact, he's had more than 15 goals only once.

Antoine Vermette has scored at least 20 goals in 4 different seasons, at least 19 in 6. They are not at all the same exact player. Vermette is considerably better.

very fair. still think the Maloney price is Baloney

sorry,, couldn't help myself.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So glad they created the other thread for just rumors...

2 of the 4 pages have zero rumors except more thoughts identical to this one except for the one I posted yesterday...

...just merge it back when the new thread opens.

"Antoine Vermette would be the most logical target for the Bruins. If the Bruins acquire him and are interested in re-signing him, they could look at trade pending UFA Carl Soderberg. They could look at moving a salaried player or two and then bring in players like Vermete and Keith Yandle. Moving core players like Milan Lucic, Zdeno Chara and Dennis Seidenberg wouldn’t enter trade talk until the summer if they decide to go down that route."

How is Vermette the most logical, we can't afford him, we have soda who is younger/cheaper, and WE can't lose our 1st.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We trade a first for Vermette I'm going to laugh out loud knowing we are headed for the bottom of the division sooner than you think

jaarons

Feb 19, 2015
Antoine Vermette would be the most logical target for the Bruins. If the Bruins acquire him and are interested in re-signing him, they could look at trade pending UFA Carl Soderberg. They could look at moving a salaried player or two and then bring in players like Vermete and Keith Yandle. Moving core players like Milan Lucic, Zdeno Chara and Dennis Seidenberg wouldn’t enter trade talk until the summer if they decide to go down that route.

How is Vermette the most logical, we can't afford him, we have soda who is younger/cheaper, and WE can't lose our 1st.

It has been rumored Vermette expects $5-6 million in the open market, so there's slim-to-no chance he re-signs here if acquired. If Arizona is getting a 1st rounder, it's from a team where Vermette puts them over the top or someone with significant cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad