Lucic-Spooner-Stewart
Smith-Kelly-Pasta
Caron-CC-Ferlin

Playoffs:

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
March-Bergy-Loui
Smith-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-CC-Ferlin

Than dangle the 1st you got in the Yeti trade at the draft to get a Young top-6 W.

I like this idea; but probably keep Paille for a playoff run; he's a good roleplayer and always raised his game; better to have him over a very crappy pick and Caron or Cunningham IMO.

But good use of assets, that third line in the playoffs would give us a line with tremendous speed.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Fair question. Does anyone think this team will actually be better next year? I don't. Not without major retooling.

8ballaskagain.gif

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Apparently it was reported this morning that the Habs offered McCarron for Michalek? Holy ****. That can't be right 1. because no way in hell the Yotes turn that down and 2. what an insane offer

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Fair question. Does anyone think this team will actually be better next year? I don't. Not without major retooling.

I've been saying this all the time that our lineup just isn't good enough anymore, big deals need to happen in the offseason. If we spent all our free cap to re-sign our current ufa's I see us going nowhere in the near future.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Ask me Monday.

If I had any faith in the GM I'd say not only should they be better, but they will. IMO they could and should be able to move Paille, Soup, Soderberg and Seidenberg in the next 5 days. Using the new cap space ad plugging in the kids, I see no reason they couldn't be better next season.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
As the only person on HFB who doesn't hate Sterwart, I'd be fine with that :handclap:

I don't hate him either, but the more pressing issue with this team is on D. The scary part is, even if they do trade for help on that front, it would only solidify the #4 spot, leaving us with a solid 3rd pairing as well.

As much as guys like Bart, Quaider, and Miller have been miscast at various times throughout the year as 2nd pairing guys, our #1,2,3 D are where the real problems seem to be stemming from. Tough situation for sure. Chara/Hamilton/Seids have to be better.

Kosikarzzz

Mar 10, 2004
Windsor
is Vermette patrice bergeron best friend?

thinkin vermette would sign here in the offseason anyway if bergeron can help convince him

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Depends. If we make a hockey trade for a player like Eberle that helps us now, and into the future, I say yes.

I think our core will stick for at least one more season: Bergeron, Lucic, Chara, Marchand, Krejci, and Hamilton.

All other pieces are fair game come offseason: Seidenberg, Soderberg, Eriksson, Smith, Krug, Kelly, etc.

batesy

Dec 5, 2014
Nova Scotia
Loui & Chara too the Ducks for Fowler Ritchie 4th rounder then swap sods out for a 2nd after that deal for Stewart & sighn bug buff in the summer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

thinkin vermette would sign here in the offseason anyway if bergeron can help convince him

use to live in Ottawa and work at a restaurant right by the barn, if anything, completely based on what I use to see, he and Kelly popped over often together for a bite to eat, both, exceptionally decent guys

no clue about Bergeron and Vermette being buddies

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
hahaha. Folks saying trade for this and that.Chiarelli gave away Boychuck for pair of 2nd rd picks while Sekera fetched a 1st plus top prospect.He not gonna do nothing good.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Bergeron and Kelly were best men at Vermette's wedding as well.

Very interesting.

He'd definitely be comfortable here.

I don't know if I'm in the minority or what, but I've been a fan of his game for years. As long as the price isn't ridiculous for him he would be a good add.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Vermette is so over rated not funny.Whats with hype on him here???.Bruins full of players like that now.Boston needs goal scoring and defence.And he brings neither.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Very interesting.

He'd definitely be comfortable here.

I don't know if I'm in the minority or what, but I've been a fan of his game for years. As long as the price isn't ridiculous for him he would be a good add.

then there`s the familiarity Chia has with him

I like Vermette, I don`t like the price being reported that it would cost to get him in a deep draft year, this team is so much further away from challenging than Vermette, I can think of about 3 areas they have to address to challenge and IMO, I`ve resigned myself to the fact it just isn`t worth it

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015

Vermette and Bergeron are reportedly very good friends. Also good friend with CK 23 and has a past with Chara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce