Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVII.. Will Chia do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

if yotes retain ugly bruin salaries and it allows bruins to sign Yeti/Krug/Hamilton/Vermette...I'm ok with it.

Vermette could be worth 6 million on the UFA market. It would be a tough sell to get him to sign for under market value on an aging team that may not be a contender anymore. All for the opportunity to play wing and hurt his future value, if he decides to play beyond his next deal.

He is a great player. I just don't see Boston being able to retain him in the summer, which means they won't pony up the assets at the deadline, imo.

If a deal is coming with Arizona, it will be for Yandle, I think.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
i dont want to give up the world for him.. but i do want to repeatedly say the name "antoine vermette" to the tune of "turn down for what" almost makes it worth the first rounder, spooner , bart, and trotman we would give up for four months of service

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country
You know what would have been an acceptable deal in September?

Johnny Boychuk for Justin Williams.

Yeah. I'm sure LA would have really found that swap acceptable at the time, especially with Justin Williams fresh off his Conn Smythe trophy for playoff MVP in 2014 Cup run.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If vermette is coming it has to mean that smith is out. There no reason to give 1st round pick for a guy we cacan't sign. That trade would mean that they have a chance to sign him here. + kelly would have to go offseason.
He'd be an upgrade in kelly though.

acr*

If vermette is coming it has to mean that smith is out. There no reason to give 1st round pick for a guy we cacan't sign. That trade would mean that they have a chance to sign him here.

I think it would have to mean Smith and Soderberg out. If I was Chia, I would potentially be talking to Soderberg's agent pretty intently right now. If he can't be re-signed, I would move him in a deal for sure. I would even ask if he is open to a sign and trade.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think it would have to mean Smith and Soderberg out. If I was Chia, I would potentially be talking to Soderberg's agent pretty intently right now. If he can't be re-signed, I would move him in a deal for sure. I would even ask if he is open to a sign and trade.

I really like Soderberg, but like you said, if he can't be re-signed, you might as well look at other options. If you get Vermette, not only do you improve your 3rd line, but your 4th line improves by sending Kelly there. If the Bruins want to add speed, we have two guys in Providence in Spooner and Khokhlachev that can help:

Vermette - Spooner/Khokhlachev - X/Eriksson
X - Kelly - X/Cunningham

We would still need to add more toughness in the bottom 6 and then look for a top 6 forward.

Only way I would trade for Vermette is if they take Chara.
That would save our future.

:facepalm:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Only way I would trade for Vermette is if they take Chara.

Then we are even more D up the ****. Thats 'another' Dman we need to find, Chara for Methot as long as he re-signs here long term.

Now that I have had time to cool off and reflect from last night....

Paille, Campbell, Smith and the 3 I want to see traded or let go. Campbell cos he sucks, Paille cos he is just....no words. Smith because if they thought Seguin didn't play Bruins hockey I dunno what they think Smith is playing cos at the moment he aint playing anything.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Man if they keep kelly over soda.
soda is gonna stay if we have enough cap space.
kelly to ottawa for a pick and smith to arizona,
we can also make our 4th line cheaper and better so now we could sign vermette and soda.

Give some rookies a chance, koko, pasta, morrow, cunningham, that gives us cap space.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I really like Soderberg, but like you said, if he can't be re-signed, you might as well look at other options. If you get Vermette, not only do you improve your 3rd line, but your 4th line improves by sending Kelly there. If the Bruins want to add speed, we have two guys in Providence in Spooner and Khokhlachev that can help:

Vermette - Spooner/Khokhlachev - X/Eriksson
X - Kelly - X/Cunningham

We would still need to add more toughness in the bottom 6 and then look for a top 6 forward.

:facepalm:
You're saying that chara with his cap hit is so fantastic for us. We could use those millions to sighn a yound D long term. That deal is gonna kill us.

acr*

I want Soda to be retained as well, but it is going to be up to him and I think he is going to price himself out. Chia has to figure out if there is a deal there at an affordable price. I don't think we can get into a 4.5-6 million contract with Soderberg with need in the top 6, Spooner/Koko in Providence, and Kelly under contract for another year with an NTC.

What is better for 2016:

Lucic/Krejci/Pasta
Marchy/Bergy/Smith
Kelly/Soderberg @ $5 mil/Eriksson
????/Cunningham/?????

or

Lucic/Krejci/$6 million RW
Marchy/Bergy/Pasta
Smith/Koko/Eriksson
?????/Kelly/Cunningham

or

Lucic/Krejci/Eriksson
Marchy/Bergy/Pasta
Kelly/Koko/Smith
????/Cunningham/????
+ new $6 mil D-man

I think I gotta take option B or C.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

It's a response to the Kovalchuk contract. My understanding is that when a player signs a multi-year deal that takes them past the age of 40, the cap hit in the years before turning 40 are the average of those years while the years after 40 are the actual amount owed to the player that year.

In Chara's last season he actually does have a lower cap hit ($4 millionish) due to some over 40 nonsense I don't understand. It was on capgeek before it was taken down.

thanks all.

still don't understand how/why but I get it, now.

many apologies.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
There will be NO CUP IN BOSTON 2015.

If we even MAKE THE PLAYOFFS we will be shredded in Round 1.

SELL names like CHARA and LUCIC while value is HIGH.

2016 DRAFT is LOADED and a TOP 5 pick could be had.

See Edmonton.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Coyotes continue to entertain calls
TheFourthPeriod.com

Arizona Coyotes GM Don Maloney has been fairly active lately, entertaining calls and offers from several teams around the league.
The Coyotes have a number of players teams are calling about as the days inch closer towards the March 2 trade deadline.
Defenseman Zbynek Michalek and forwards Antoine Vermette and Martin Erat -- all of whom are set to become unrestricted free agents July 1 -- are expected to be moved by the deadline.
Teams have been also calling about some of Arizona's other players, such as defenseman Keith Yandle and center Martin Hanzal.

Maloney has been traveling around the NHL lately, getting a close look at some of the league's talent.

He was in Boston this past weekend and took in the Bruins last two home games.

The Bruins have expressed interest in some of the Coyotes' players, including Vermette and Yandle.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
You're saying that chara with his cap hit is so fantastic for us. We could use those millions to sighn a yound D long term. That deal is gonna kill us.

Tell me what team is going to let us sign their young D. This team was absolute garbage without Chara, and it wasn't until yesterday that the Chara haters have come out after Chara's 2-3 weeks of improved play. You don't blow it up because of one bad game.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Coyotes continue to entertain calls
TheFourthPeriod.com

Arizona Coyotes GM Don Maloney has been fairly active lately, entertaining calls and offers from several teams around the league.
The Coyotes have a number of players teams are calling about as the days inch closer towards the March 2 trade deadline.
Defenseman Zbynek Michalek and forwards Antoine Vermette and Martin Erat -- all of whom are set to become unrestricted free agents July 1 -- are expected to be moved by the deadline.
Teams have been also calling about some of Arizona's other players, such as defenseman Keith Yandle and center Martin Hanzal.

Maloney has been traveling around the NHL lately, getting a close look at some of the league's talent.

He was in Boston this past weekend and took in the Bruins last two home games.

The Bruins have expressed interest in some of the Coyotes' players, including Vermette and Yandle.

Good grief, two players that Boston doesn't need. Target Gormley and Michalek from Arizona. That's it. Smith, Spooner and Griffith can possibly get the Bruins both defensemen.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Adding a rental or two to this capspace-less team will (A) not win a Cup, or (B) not help the team contend for a Cup in the future. Time for Chia to consider reshuffling the deck.

Söderberg: What is he expecting salary wise? Is Chia willing to allocate $4m - $5m per for 3rd line center? If not, does the team have a replacement for 3C (Koko Spooner)?

Seidenberg: Is he declining or still shedding rust? Will he ever become 2011 Seidenberg again? Would it be wise to maximize his value now while at least a dozen teams are looking for top-4 dmen? What could Chia realistically get back in return?

I think this blue line needs another horse, for now & post Chara era. Difficult to acquire, rarely available. I'd look at Tyler Myers. Buffalo rebuilding from the bottom. What are their needs? Do they value Malcom Subban? Spooner? PHI 2015 2nd?

Another young dman who could use a change of scenery is Gormley. What would it take to land him?

Dump stale bottom 6 vets. Campbell & Paille are easily replaced with younger cheaper options. Some speed & grit for the 4th line.

Considering his struggle this season, it should be fairly easy to resign Smith at a fair number. $2m - $2.5m? Is this just a sophomore slump? Can he rebound? He was a 50 point player just last season.

A young solid blue line with room to grow & improve. Cap space.

Chara
Hamilton
Myers
Gormley
Krug
McQuaid
Miller

Last edited:

acr*

Adding a rental or two to this capspace-less team will (A) not win a Cup, or (B) not help the team contend for a Cup in the future. Time for Chia to consider reshuffling the deck.

Söderberg: What is he expecting salary wise? Is Chia willing to allocate $4m - $5m per for 3rd line center? If not, does the team have a replacement for 3C (Koko Spooner)?

Seidenberg: Is he declining or still shedding rust? Will he ever become 2011 Seidenberg again? Would it be wise to maximize his value now while at least a dozen teams are looking for top-4 dmen? What could Chia realistically get back in return?

I think this blue line needs another horse, for one & post Chara era. Difficult to acquire, rarely available. I'd look at Tyler Myers. Buffalo rebuilding from the bottom. What are their needs? Do they value Malcom Subban? Spooner? PHI 2015 2nd?

Another young dman who could use a change of scenery is Gormley. What would it take to land him?

Dump stale bottom 6 vets. Campbell & Paille are easily replaced with younger cheaper options. Some speed & grit for the 4th line.

Considering his struggle this season, it should be fairly easy to resign Smith at a fair number. $2m - $2.5m? Is this just a sophomore slump? Can he rebound? He was a 50 point player just last season.

A young solid blue line with room to grow & improve. Cap space.

Chara
Hamilton
Myers
Gormley
Krug
McQuaid
Miller

I agree with all, but Myers. You can't teach balls. I don't think he will be anything more than the offensive Hal Gill.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Vermette could be worth 6 million on the UFA market. It would be a tough sell to get him to sign for under market value on an aging team that may not be a contender anymore. All for the opportunity to play wing and hurt his future value, if he decides to play beyond his next deal.

He is a great player. I just don't see Boston being able to retain him in the summer, which means they won't pony up the assets at the deadline, imo.

If a deal is coming with Arizona, it will be for Yandle, I think.

6 million on Vermette is laughable.Any body gives him that they should be fired.i can name alot of better players making less.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tell me what team is going to let us sign their young D. This team was absolute garbage without Chara, and it wasn't until yesterday that the Chara haters have come out after Chara's 2-3 weeks of improved play. You don't blow it up because of one bad game.

First of all I didn't speak about this year, it was more 2 years advanced.
Chara is much better when he play against slower teams, but when we play against faster teams he's always in trouble, and luckily east doesn't have too many fast/skilled teams like islanders, habs, rangers, tampa waiting for us in the playoffs.

And I meant to write younger not young, for example if ottawa can't sign methot I'd gladly take him here and that should give us 1-2 millions leftovers.

When chara came back krecji had the biggest positive impact and I thought that as soon as they got injured. Our first line was lucic-kelly- griffith. How bad is that.

I'd keep chara here more happily if he was getting 5/2 millions. You can't pay 7M to 39 years old guy who is also the biggest guy in the league, it's not the same situation as it would have been with lidström.

So my problem is how much he's still getting paid and that is gonna prevent us from signing another important piece.

acr*

6 milliin on Vermette is laughable.Any body gives him that they should be fired.

You live in a world where Dave Bolland is on a 5.5 x 5 contract. I don't disagree with your second sentiment, but 6 per is a very realistic offer Vermette may receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad