Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVII.. Will Chia do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If smith+ can give us williams well lets do it.

CAUSE, I'm ready to let smith walk in the offseason and havin williams over smith would help us a ton and I think smith would likely to sign with kings. I'd use that money to sign us a player that can help us more and isn't soft, non challenger on 1on1 situations. I'd like to have mr game7 guy when playing against the habs.

But that move could happen earliest late february and we need some action before our western trip.

again our resigning order should be hamilton, soda, krug, new guy.
I haven't seen anything on our situation with these boys and I think it's absolutely crazy cause we have under 1month till deadline.

Also been thinking that last year it was considered that our D core was one of the srongest in the league and this year we are nowhere near close.
So the question is, how the hell did we f!ck this up so quickly.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Justin Williams

Have heard tib bits that LA wants to keep him from Sportsnet

I do think many would want Williams and for good reason ....hmm just can't see us paying the price IF he comes available.

Would like to be wrong cause that's exactly what we need:nod:

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Picture in your head the top six winger you desperately want Boston to acquire.

Montreal will get him.

Now picture in your head the top defenseman you want Boston to acquire.

Tampa Bay will get him.

Now picture the second top defenseman that you want Boston to acquire.

Detroit will get him.

Once you have done that, now you have Boston's potential targets.

Nice post bro.. I'd even add Ducks and Pens to this list cause they have some nice prospects

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Mod Edit: Let's just use this for the new thread.

What do you guys think of this...

If Kings fall further out of the playoff race by the deadline I think we should go after Justin Williams. He holds a $3.65 million annual cap hit but a clutch playoff player ( LAST YEARS CONN-SMTH WINNER ) and he could be the RW we have been waiting for.

To Boston - ( RW ) Justin Williams ( Age 33 ) $ 3.65 million cap hit

To Kings - Basically move Kelly to the 4th line and bump either Griffith or Cunningham off the active roster then move Spooner or picks to aquire Williams.

Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Williams
Eriksson - Soderberg - Smith
Paille - Kelly - Campbell

Thoughts ???

Been personally targeting Williams all along as an alternative to Stewart and other. He's a winner. Has playoff success. Rises to the occasion and is a battler. I've heard LA is trying to get a deal done with him though. If the Bruins think they have a chance to go deep, I make a play on this guy. If they think they're at best 1 and done? DOn't bother, he won't be enough to help them.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Picture in your head the top six winger you desperately want Boston to acquire.

Montreal will get him.

Now picture in your head the top defenseman you want Boston to acquire.

Tampa Bay will get him.

Now picture the second top defenseman that you want Boston to acquire.

Detroit will get him.

Once you have done that, now you have Boston's potential targets.

It's funny I was thinking that on the way in this AM...Said I bet Justin Williams goes to MON for a couple solid prospects or picks, and said Methot would look great in Tampa.

We are gonna get Vanek'd

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak/X
Marchand - Bergeron - X/Pastrnak
X - Soderberg/Spooner/Khokhlachev - X
X - Kelly - X

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - X
Krug - McQuaid

Let's go Chiarelli fill the holes. You gotta give to get.

acr*

If L.A. deals Williams, they want a D that can play in their top 4 coming back. Something we do not even have for ourselves. I just don't think a deal could be done.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If L.A. deals Williams, they want a D that can play in their top 4 coming back. Something we do not even have for ourselves. I just don't think a deal could be done.

If they trade williams then they are likely out, + he's not signed? so that's gonna drop the value at that point. So maybe a solid D prospect could do it.

acr*

If they trade williams then they are likely out, + he's not signed? so that's gonna drop the value at that point. So maybe a solid D prospect could do it.

It is hard to imagine them not making it, but that is definitely possible. Is Trotman considered a solid D prospect, lol?

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
Been personally targeting Williams all along as an alternative to Stewart and other. He's a winner. Has playoff success. Rises to the occasion and is a battler. I've heard LA is trying to get a deal done with him though. If the Bruins think they have a chance to go deep, I make a play on this guy. If they think they're at best 1 and done? DOn't bother, he won't be enough to help them.

I feel the same. Williams would bring alot to this team. At the same time, Chiarelli has done nothing to make me believe he would make a serious pitch for this guy. I am not even sold that he will pay for Stewart either. Stewart might not bring what Horton did but at least it would be a move.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It is hard to imagine them not making it, but that is definitely possible. Is Trotman considered a solid D prospect, lol?

I don't see them trading williams if they are in, they want to sign him but if it seems they are going out he could be used to get a good prospets, maybe morrow league?

Evgeni Nabokov traded to San Jose for future considerations.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
he would easily get a low #1 IMO for a play-off run.

Kings fans are asking a good D prospect+ 2nd from habs so maybe that would be enough.
But you never know in this world(nhl)

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Justin Williams not fixing this mess without help on defence.Boston needs more size up front.To light on the pucks.

I do agree we need a puckmover to help translate the offence.. Slap happy without taking a look at times

Last edited:

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
Justin Williams not fixing this mess without help on defence.Boston needs more size up front.To light on the pucks.

I honestly think our defence is fine. Look at last night against Montreal. Chara was out there for both the first goal against and the cause of the second goal along with Hamilton. They are supposed to be our bes d-men and they made poor lack of communication mistakes that cost us. The rest of the guys we are worried about actually did there jobs and pretty well I might add.

I think we have the ability to make just one decent move. A move that is going to cost us but are we a contender or not ? It is either an upgrade over someone on defence or our top 9 forward group. More than one move drops the calibre of player we get back and not so sure that would be worth doing.

Decisions decisions :headache:

james30

Jan 13, 2010
so imo which isn't much: we missed how many open nets, did not have much net presence playing one of the best goalies in the league (right now), got lucky on a goal that trickled over the line and most people suggest that are d suck!! I don't get the logic. We are short a first line player. Get that and we are fine!!! Ignila had 30 goals last year!! the forwards have to step up!!! And, I understand that a good first line player like Iginla doesn't grow on trees!!!!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I honestly think our defence is fine. Look at last night against Montreal. Chara was out there for both the first goal against and the cause of the second goal along with Hamilton. They are supposed to be our bes d-men and they made poor lack of communication mistakes that cost us. The rest of the guys we are worried about actually did there jobs and pretty well I might add.

I think we have the ability to make just one decent move. A move that is going to cost us but are we a contender or not ? It is either an upgrade over someone on defence or our top 9 forward group. More than one move drops the calibre of player we get back and not so sure that would be worth doing.

Decisions decisions :headache:

There is no way that our D can survive playoffs.
It's bad/slow. Rask with his .950% is the reason we have been winning. He can't do that in playoffs.

Fast teams like habs are gonna take us down.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Renaud Lavoie was on Toronto’s Sportsnet 590 on Monday afternoon.

On who is the hottest commodity on the NHL trade market now:

"Right now it’s Antoine Vermette with the Coyotes because there are so many teams that are looking for a player like him. It’s crazy. You can start with the Avalanche in Colorado. You can come to Montreal. Go to Boston. You can look at the New York Rangers. There’s tons of teams that are looking at him right now and I’m convinced that Don Maloney, who is the GM – he’s asking for a lot right now, but maybe he’s going to get his price. What he wants is a first rounder and he wants a young stud. If it happens, good for him. If it doesn’t, he’s going to have to change his request. But I think a guy like Vermette – a lot of teams are looking at him.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Joe McDonald of ESPN: The Bruins are back on track and will be buyers leading up to the deadline. They could use another scoring forward and some veteran depth on the blueline.

Available: Potential options for the Bruins include: Chris Stewart, Drew Stafford, Jordan Eberle, Antoine Vermette and Martin Erat. They could trade Matt Bartkowski and Jordan Caron.

Finances: The Bruins don’t have a lot of cap space available and will have to re-sign Dougie Hamilton, Torey Krug and Reilly Smith in the offseason.

Scouting the GM: Peter Chiarelli hasn’t been afraid to make deadline deals in the past, and if they remain in contention, it will be interesting to see what they do.

acr*

Renaud Lavoie was on Toronto’s Sportsnet 590 on Monday afternoon.

On who is the hottest commodity on the NHL trade market now:

"Right now it’s Antoine Vermette with the Coyotes because there are so many teams that are looking for a player like him. It’s crazy. You can start with the Avalanche in Colorado. You can come to Montreal. Go to Boston. You can look at the New York Rangers. There’s tons of teams that are looking at him right now and I’m convinced that Don Maloney, who is the GM – he’s asking for a lot right now, but maybe he’s going to get his price. What he wants is a first rounder and he wants a young stud. If it happens, good for him. If it doesn’t, he’s going to have to change his request. But I think a guy like Vermette – a lot of teams are looking at him.

If the cost for Vermette is a 1st and a young stud, I hope to christ Montreal or New York pays it.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I like Vermette, but with Krejci, Bergeron and Soderberg down the middle, I can't see where he fits. Unless Chia is sending Kelly the other way somehow, or if he knows he can't sign Soderberg and is planning on trading him for a defenseman, I can't figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad