Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors IX: Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiBruins17*

We're not trading Lucic. He's our identity, creates so much space for, and protects Krejci, fan favorite, etc.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Well including kelly is a negative plus I don't think Hamilton is ever going to be a true number 1 dman. Will be a great number two complimentary to a shutdown dman but he won't ever have that nastiness and edge to him or the physical strength but I do agree that it's slanted in Philly favour. I make offers like that rather than offer paille, Campbell and other junk that nobody wants. This team needs a lot, not just one or two pieces. But lucic is a first liner in some people's opinion too so we all have our own opinions.
Lidstrom was a pretty good #1. i don't him recall being nasty.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I would think Kassian for Bartowksi is about as even as it could get. Sadly, the Canucks fans have been sold Kassian as a high end prospect since the Hodgson trade and have him valued much higher than he has ever displayed.

I am bringing in Kassian in hopes of him finding a place on the third line. Nothing more, nothing less. Kelly moves down to center the 4th line.

Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Eriksson - Soderberg - Kassian
Paille - Kelly - Gagne/Griffiths

I don't expect Chiarelli to be able to find help on the 1st line RW. I think he is lost.

I'm not a huge Kassian guy, but if we could get him for a reasonable price I would be interested to see that third line. he could be a really nice complimentary player to Loui and Soderberg while adding some needed grit.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
lV6GjVk.gif

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
We're not trading Lucic. He's our identity, creates so much space for, and protects Krejci, fan favorite, etc.

I don't think they'll trade him either, but this franchise traded Ray Bourque and Phil Esposito and let Orr, Sanderson and Cheevers all walk.

No offense to Mr. Lucic, but his face and fan favoriteness didn't approach any of those players in their prime.

ANYONE can be dealt.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Is this Bruins team faster And more skilled than last years team? NO
and it definitely isn't grittier. And tougher?? lol, this is the softest team the Bruins have iced in a decade.

Bruins brass over reacting after being eliminated by a more skilled and faster team in the Canadiens. But the problem was not the players on the ice. it was management on the 9th floor who got totally out worked and out skilled by their biggest rival 300 miles north.

First thing the "Bruins Brass" had to do is look into the mirror. what did they do to replace Seidenberg? they had months to figure out a plan to replace Seidenberg but choose not to. Was it because the price was too steep? Well they essentially gave up a 3rd round pick for nothing(Mezsaros)

The Habs picked up Vanek,Weaver and Weise. Three players that contributed to beating the Bruins in a big way. what these players also did was let other players on the team slot in the right position or at the right depth on the team. How much did the Habs give up for these 3 players?

Habs trade 5th round pick for Weaver
Habs trade Collberg and a 2nd for Vanek and a 5th
Habs trade Diaz for Dale Weise

I will break this down. Habs move Spooner,Warsofsky and a 2nd for Vanek,Weaver and Weise and a 3rd

The Bruins gave away a 3rd.
I know this sounds like i am still sour about last year,but what is the first thing the Bruins do this year??? They Move Boychuk???

what are they thinking? What are they doing? And maybe the evaluation should start in front of a mirror.

Maybe?.....:amazed:

I don't think this team makes the playoffs. Look at their schedule and they need to be way above .500 to make it. They have 24 games before the trade deadline. 11 games against teams that are lower than them and 13 against teams ahead of them.
If Peter can't pull the trigger real soon and bring in help, this team is likely a seller at trade deadline. This team is in cap trouble so we likely can't take a big contract. That wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Time to move a few contracts and bring in some young top talent.
Time to ask players to wave NTC's. Maybe a smart time to move Chara, Seids, or Kelly. Trade Campbell, Paille and any AHL players that don't fit the rebuild.
Trades can not be for a lesser talent. Chara should fetch a heavy return that will set this team up for the future.

Get out the broom!:handclap:

This is a good point. If you acquire a lower cost rental like Stewart *now* and the B's still don't make the playoffs, you could probably unload him for a higher value later, to a team looking to bolster "heaviness".

But, no. Chiarelli will humm and haww and evaluate. Like always, he will sit on his hands hoping he doesn't end up having to make a move. We'll hear more excuses in media, about injuries, about players underperforming, about it being "tough" out there to make a trade.

And Chiarelli will wait and wait and the need will still be there (because we all know they need more scoring and another top 4 D), but then we'll either have to overpay, because the other team knows we're in more of a pinch, by then. Or we overpay because other teams who had no interest early on, all of a sudden realize they do have an interest, so the bidding increases.

So, we end up overpaying (e.g., on a Kaberle) or we acquire a nonsense non-solution because everything else is too expensive (e.g. Meszaros). GMs have Chiarelli completely figured out. He's been fleeced on every transaction he's made lately, from Seguin to Boychuk.

Yes, we can't count on Chiarelli turning a mental corner like a Ferrari, more like a 1926 ocean liner, slow and deliberate until he sees the iceberg then he needs to hold a meeting to decide on a course of action, if he ever does.

Poor value- and Lucic hates Vancouver after that incident in the nightclub in 2013. If he has a NTC- there's no way he goes there.

How about when they spray painted "******** Boston" on the side of his Eastern Orthodox church!?! It's a nice place to visit but doubt that he'd want to be "representin' " them.

Go balls out. Rask, 2nd,2nd for hall. Hamilton, kelly for simmonds. Krug for sekera, gleason. 1st, Spooner, warsofsky for yandle. 2nd, khoko for kassian. 4th for neuvirth. Sign niemi in the off season or someone similar.

Hall Krejci simmonds
Marchand Bergeron smith
Lucic soderberg eriksson
Paille Campbell Kassian

Chara yandle
sekera seidenberg
Bartkowski McQuaid

Neuvirth
Svedberg
Huge gamble, paying out too many futures (how many second rounders are you giving away here) and you know all of this is beyond the realm of anything that Chia will ever do but.....keep dreaming. Oh, and how many years of picks are you giving away ffs?

our gm can't even make one small trade let alone 3 huge ones
It's waay too much to evaluate all at once...:help:

Exactly needs to crawl before he walks.
YES, out the ********g door.

Lidstrom was a pretty good #1. i don't him recall being nasty.
:nod: That's right but some undervalue pure talent.

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
If Kassian is Chiarelli's solution for a top line RW he should be fired immediately upon expressing that sentiment.

Of course, we have played Cunningham on the top line and also used Gregory Campbell as an extra attacker.

So the bar is set so low, it's hard to even fire Chiarelli for idiocy.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I would think Kassian for Bartowksi is about as even as it could get. Sadly, the Canucks fans have been sold Kassian as a high end prospect since the Hodgson trade and have him valued much higher than he has ever displayed.
I want Kassian here and I think you'd be buying low but that's not even close to fair, you'd have to give up something real.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If Bart's value is low it's because of the position that he was put into in the '14 playoffs, playing important minutes with less than 100 games experience, let alone playing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Another Chia mis-step NOT even trying to replace Sieds with a solid experienced dman, but with Meszaros. No matter how well Bart plays here in the future he'll always be the goat. Once traded people here will be screaming "why can't we get players like him?":cry: Booo Hooo

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I want Kassian here and I think you'd be buying low but that's not even close to fair, you'd have to give up something real.

"Something real"? Bartkowski is already a 4/5 dman. Kassian is a 24yr old RW who's career high for points is 29. He's a 4th line grinder with MAYBE the chance to become a solid 3rd line grinder. Think Chris Neil. Good piece, but not worth more than Bart.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

I don't see how Kassian fits on this team. He's not a 1st liner, Smith and Eriksson make up the middle 6. He's not worth trading anything of value to be playing on the 4th line when there's guys from Providence that already play in that role or can now or in the future. Unless a top 6 player is traded (separate deal) and Eriksson moves up in the top 6, a trade for Kassian might make sense and even then, I don't even think he's worth it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What 1st liner do people think is out there?

The teams that are out of it don't have guys that are going to be 1st liners here... except for Hall in Edmonton, and you aren't getting him with Spooner, Bartkowski, Khoko and some 2nds.

But I don't see anyone on Carolina or NJ or ARI that would be a 1st line player.

I did bring up a name earlier in the year and think he could be available: Jiri Hudler. Would have been much cheaper earlier, but he's having a great season and clicking big time with Gaudreau. But if the Flames start to slide I think they'd move him.

Justin St Pierre

Dec 16, 2011
Folks, something a little spooky, okay, so if you have children, you know, youngsters and youths, make sure they're suckling on an iPad or something, and not here, because this is downright, okay, well, downright is just my opinion, so, I should be less, I think the problem is the harshness of my words and, maybe, if I were more, inviting, friendly, less assertive, people would be more inclined to, you know, let me get a word in here and there, so, this is, I think, I just personally believe this is a little spooky. I was, you ever use the website Hockey's Future? Well, the Bruins, this is interesting, hear me out, the Bruins have a prospect named Ryan Fitzpatrick. Here is photographic evidence, okay, now, that's picking my battles here because you need, I think, sometimes to be assertive and this is a time for it, so here is my proof, okay.

3vXXu2E.png

Multi-sport athletes, now, you know, an athlete who plays, we're talking at least two sports here, and so, those types of athletes, uh huh, they're pretty rare. Well, as it happens, Ryan Fitzpatrick, if you'd let me speak here, just give me a chance, you know, to get some words on the paper, so to speak, there is no paper, actually, unless you print out my posts and mail them to your great aunt, which, I don't know, I mean, the postal service, God knows, well, not everyone believes in God, but, I think, you know, just as a phrase, it's a saying, and God knows, as a saying or phrase, and not as a commentary, I think, the postal service needs it. Anyway, Ryan Fitzpatrick is a highly-educated, by my standards at least and, you know, again, you can make your own standard here, and if you want to interrupt, feel free, but I would like my two cents to be deposited on this forum and that's why I do what I do, well, he's highly-educated and has a beard, okay, and most people I know who went to school and have bears, if you'd let me finish, they like craft beers and what's funny is, no really, this is a good game to play at a bar...try to say "microbrewery," okay, just try it for me, that is a hard word to really, there's a lot of syllables that don't, they don't mesh.

So what I want you to do is think of the Bruins' club as the word "microbrewery," okay, if you'd humor me here. It doesn't, okay, this is what I think, it doesn't, it just has a lot of syllables, the lines, and the locker room, and the coaches, and the General Manager, and they don't all, the way you want to speak, your throat, and the saliva, and all that, I think, if you'd, no, it's okay, but you know, my point I want to get across, the takeaway here, is it meshing, and that's why I'd say to, as an answer, is probably not.

That's what I think. :)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
What 1st liner do people think is out there?

The teams that are out of it don't have guys that are going to be 1st liners here... except for Hall in Edmonton, and you aren't getting him with Spooner, Bartkowski, Khoko and some 2nds.

But I don't see anyone on Carolina or NJ or ARI that would be a 1st line player.

I did bring up a name earlier in the year and think he could be available: Jiri Hudler. Would have been much cheaper earlier, but he's having a great season and clicking big time with Gaudreau. But if the Flames start to slide I think they'd move him.

Having a monster season. I recall him being a center (& LH shot) though

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Folks, something a little spooky, okay, so if you have children, you know, youngsters and youths, make sure they're suckling on an iPad or something, and not here, because this is downright, okay, well, downright is just my opinion, so, I should be less, I think the problem is the harshness of my words and, maybe, if I were more, inviting, friendly, less assertive, people would be more inclined to, you know, let me get a word in here and there, so, this is, I think, I just personally believe this is a little spooky. I was, you ever use the website Hockey's Future? Well, the Bruins, this is interesting, hear me out, the Bruins have a prospect named Ryan Fitzpatrick. Here is photographic evidence, okay, now, that's picking my battles here because you need, I think, sometimes to be assertive and this is a time for it, so here is my proof, okay.

3vXXu2E.png

Multi-sport athletes, now, you know, an athlete who plays, we're talking at least two sports here, and so, those types of athletes, uh huh, they're pretty rare. Well, as it happens, Ryan Fitzpatrick, if you'd let me speak here, just give me a chance, you know, to get some words on the paper, so to speak, there is no paper, actually, unless you print out my posts and mail them to your great aunt, which, I don't know, I mean, the postal service, God knows, well, not everyone believes in God, but, I think, you know, just as a phrase, it's a saying, and God knows, as a saying or phrase, and not as a commentary, I think, the postal service needs it. Anyway, Ryan Fitzpatrick is a highly-educated, by my standards at least and, you know, again, you can make your own standard here, and if you want to interrupt, feel free, but I would like my two cents to be deposited on this forum and that's why I do what I do, well, he's highly-educated and has a beard, okay, and most people I know who went to school and have bears, if you'd let me finish, they like craft beers and what's funny is, no really, this is a good game to play at a bar...try to say "microbrewery," okay, just try it for me, that is a hard word to really, there's a lot of syllables that don't, they don't mesh.

So what I want you to do is think of the Bruins' club as the word "microbrewery," okay, if you'd humor me here. It doesn't, okay, this is what I think, it doesn't, it just has a lot of syllables, the lines, and the locker room, and the coaches, and the General Manager, and they don't all, the way you want to speak, your throat, and the saliva, and all that, I think, if you'd, no, it's okay, but you know, my point I want to get across, the takeaway here, is it meshing, and that's why I'd say to, as an answer, is probably not.

That's what I think. :)

Respectfully speaking...............WHAT?:help::huh:

Justin St Pierre

Dec 16, 2011

I can speak only of the Devils (again, get that suckling iPad for your kids, speak of the devil here), and there are plenty of people on that team who are first-liners if you're in Be a GM mode on NHL 2007.

The Devils' trade deadline will be shipping veterans to teams that think one little piece here or there will set them over the edge. If they do it right, they'll accumulate something with future value step-by-step. If they lack skill, they're just taking a team of cement-skated War of 1812 veterans to market. I think Adam Oates is their youngest forward.

The Devils are not good trading partners for a team looking to overhaul (not saying the Bruins are overhauling; just that the fans here seem to want to make a major change...the Bruins won't overhaul yet) because the Devils themselves are looking to overhaul, and with much more vigor and desperation.

That's kind of the first rule of negotiation. If you both want the same thing, you're actually worse off than if you have opposite desires. You can't sell something if both parties want the item, or both parties want the money. They have to want the opposite of each other.

But then there's the Bruins' real situation, which isn't solved by trades. They play a system that a lot of players don't fit into (Seguin would be on, say, 18-goal pace here), and if it now takes those types of players to win, you have to change the system. They won't until they miss the playoffs. They won't miss the playoffs because the East is poopy and weird. So it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad