Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors IX: Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Canucks fan here, but I come in peace. I'm a peaceful Nucks fan.

I wanted to throw this trade idea here to see what you guys think about it.

Don't flame me too hard.

To BOS: Zack Kassian + Kevin Bieksa

To VAN: Milan Lucic + Matt Bartkowski

If you take off the homer hat and put on your NHL hat how does this trade sound to you guys ?

Cheers !

take your own advice

ari-gold-gtfo-o.gif

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Kassian for my Aunt Tilly.

We're overpaying (my aunt makes a mean apple pie), but I can see Kassian bringing some more physicality to the fourth line...

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Get rid of Campbell/Gagne/etc garbage
Rask + Spooner for B. Ryan + Hoffman
Krug + Smith + w/e for Hamhuis

Lucic - Krejci - Ryan
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Hoffman - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Kelly - Griffith
Cuningham

Hamuis/Hamilton/Chara/Seidenberg/McQuiad/Bartkowski

Svedberg
Whoever

blah blah bl;ha xbox yeyayay

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Don't move assets for those "veteran leaders" in a year in which this team isn't going nowhere.
No need to further cripple our future for nothing.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
So Ottawa needs a goalie? Anderson and lehner. No. Teams that need goalies are edmonton, minnesota, phoenix, winnipeg, carolina, maybe Philly. And even some of those say they are content, ie all but edmonton. If you're dealing rask it would be to edmonton for hall. And we would be adding.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Really all depends on where this team is by the deadline. If they are still inconsistent and effort keeps on being wildly unclear, don't try to deal off young guys for a fix to get into the playoffs.

If they are sitting pretty well in the standings and players are starting to round to form, then go for it.

I just don't want to see dumb trades for the sake of saving face..

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So Ottawa needs a goalie? Anderson and lehner. No. Teams that need goalies are edmonton, minnesota, phoenix, winnipeg, carolina, maybe Philly. And even some of those say they are content, ie all but edmonton. If you're dealing rask it would be to edmonton for hall. And we would be adding.

Who would you go with at goalie then? Do you look at FA, get one in a trade, or do you believe that it is okay to move Rask because you believe this team won't have a shot at/in the playoffs?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Go balls out. Rask, 2nd,2nd for hall. Hamilton, kelly for simmonds. Krug for sekera, gleason. 1st, Spooner, warsofsky for yandle. 2nd, khoko for kassian. 4th for neuvirth. Sign niemi in the off season or someone similar.

Hall Krejci simmonds
Marchand Bergeron smith
Lucic soderberg eriksson
Paille Campbell Kassian

Chara yandle
sekera seidenberg
Bartkowski McQuaid

Neuvirth
Svedberg

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Go balls out. Rask, 2nd,2nd for hall. Hamilton, kelly for simmonds. Krug for sekera, gleason. 1st, Spooner, warsofsky for yandle. 2nd, khoko for kassian. 4th for neuvirth. Sign niemi in the off season or someone similar.

Hall Krejci simmonds
Marchand Bergeron smith
Lucic soderberg eriksson
Paille Campbell Kassian

Chara yandle
sekera seidenberg
Bartkowski McQuaid

Neuvirth
Svedberg

My disagreements on your trades aside, that team isn't cap compliant, and you don't include an extra forward and defenseman.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
I would look at trading Lucic and whatever for Hall, but I am not sure if Lucic has a NTC in his contract because I doubt he would waive it to go there...They'll have McDavid soon and Lucic might be right guy to ride aside of him for protection. The Bruins get a player that can shoot and move the puck with speed.

Why?

Simple Cap implications. They paid him 6 million a year for a potential he hasn't lived up to. His contract is up soon and he will not take a paycut. Right now he is riding close to a million a goal this season. Plays physical when he feels like it, so basically inconsistent. I am not sure he is worth that amount anymore. Again though I wait until the deadline before making decisions. It could just click for this team all of a sudden...or they can continue to nose dive. I just don't know or get a good pulse on which team will show up.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Hamilton for Simmonds is just a horrendous suggestion.

Well including kelly is a negative plus I don't think Hamilton is ever going to be a true number 1 dman. Will be a great number two complimentary to a shutdown dman but he won't ever have that nastiness and edge to him or the physical strength but I do agree that it's slanted in Philly favour. I make offers like that rather than offer paille, Campbell and other junk that nobody wants. This team needs a lot, not just one or two pieces. But lucic is a first liner in some people's opinion too so we all have our own opinions.

Hockey64

Nov 6, 2014
Western Mass
With points slipping away like last night cementing the B's status as a non-playoff team I am starting to warm up to the idea of 3 pics in the top 40 for this year's draft (with an outside chance in the lottery).

Maybe it is all enthusiasm of watching World Juniors and seeing teams like the Nucks have these young prospects performing so well (Demko, Virtanen) and having a bright future. Combined with an earlier post by I believe DKH about the depth of other teams such as Buffalo with all those high end players I starting to think more about the draft and which of these world junior players will be sporting the spoked B.

It is nice to see the B's with one of the top scorers in the world juniors but I think we want more players with top pedigrees and 3 pics in the top 40 moves us in that direction. And that is not even including any trades involving our vets.

Of course this thinking is only one 6 game winning streak away from completely changing my mindset to playoff hockey.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Canucks fan here, but I come in peace. I'm a peaceful Nucks fan.

I wanted to throw this trade idea here to see what you guys think about it.

Don't flame me too hard.

To BOS: Zack Kassian + Kevin Bieksa

To VAN: Milan Lucic + Matt Bartkowski

If you take off the homer hat and put on your NHL hat how does this trade sound to you guys ?

Cheers !

Show yourself out with that proposal.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I would think Kassian for Bartowksi is about as even as it could get. Sadly, the Canucks fans have been sold Kassian as a high end prospect since the Hodgson trade and have him valued much higher than he has ever displayed.

I am bringing in Kassian in hopes of him finding a place on the third line. Nothing more, nothing less. Kelly moves down to center the 4th line.

Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Eriksson - Soderberg - Kassian
Paille - Kelly - Gagne/Griffiths

I don't expect Chiarelli to be able to find help on the 1st line RW. I think he is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad