Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Backes <<<<<<<<<<< Kreider
Pastrnak >> Kakko
McAvoy =?= Trouba

Bruins would also get an extra $7.1M in cap space.
I don`t move McAvoy for Trouba, I just see Trouba being a guy who, the moment he`s unhappy with ice time , starts to be a problem

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Poppycock! Clode ruined him! :sarcasm:
oh right, my bad, sorry, Claude such a negative influence on every one of those wearing a ring :laugh::sarcasm:

I recall so many saying that CJ just killed Spooner`s development or stifled him so much and was too hard on the guy, moves to Rags, does nothing, then Oilers, less than nothing. Ryan Spooner has always been the common denominator

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I don`t move McAvoy for Trouba, I just see Trouba being a guy who, the moment he`s unhappy with ice time , starts to be a problem
The interesting thing is the Bruins were rumored to have had interest in him a while back. Some here proposed Pastrnak + Carlo or Carlo+ stating that Trouba was the real deal and a #1D. I proposed McAvoy instead since the Bruins would be getting a #1D so they can compete now and giving away a prospect that can be a #1D in the future. Deja vu.

I do think Trouba is a #1D. If the Bruins make this deal, they will have room to sign Trouba, Carlo, and maybe add another forward like Gusev.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Confirmed with link?
Backes didn’t have them on his no trade not sure if it’s been resolved I been busy monitoring the cake slices at work waiting for a big corner piece to become available

Can we all agree the middle piece of a sheet cake is like foreplay

What sucks is even though everyone knows me I really can’t just say ‘cut the BS and give me a huge corner piece with lots of frosting’

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Just saying, Schnieder at 3mil per, one extra year than Backes, Wood and give up Halak who you're not going to be able to afford next year anyways.

I think it deserves consideration if Cory checks out.

I'm still not quite sure on what your proposal for Schneider is.

Are you saying Backes and Halak for Schnenieder at 3 mil and M.Wood ?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Honestly doesnt feel like any trades are going to happen but i am a fan of fantasy trade proposals. I will up the ante on a jersey deal

Ask for
Cory schneider 1/2 price 3mill backup goalie
Pavel zacha their big stuggling left shot kid center
For
Jaroslav halak
David backes
John moore
Peter cehlarik
Rights to forbaska karlsson
Rights to khoklachev

So they get a chance at better goaltending... get back a dman they had in the past... 3 quasi-ready younger guys that might fit there better

We clear significant cap room this year and next... hope we can ressurect schneiders career... and hoop zacha could find his game

Its not a world beater offer for either side but personally i might bite on it if i was gm for either side considering where each team is

Reactions: bbfan419

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Cap recapture works on any contract where it was front loaded - the amount actually paid is higher then the actual cap hit at the time of retirement.
I know this is isn't the right place (nor the right fight to pick, nor the right person to pick it with :laugh: )... But I'm shooting this out anyway.

Looking at the CBA, it refers to the Cap Advantage Recapture Penalty applying exclusively to "Long-term Contracts".

Long-term Contracts are defined earlier in the document as being "contracts in excess of six years in length".

https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/file/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

Would never expect or realistically hope for a Backes retirement... But according to this wording, we'd be free of his cap if he decided to.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad