Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Playoffs per 82...

Saad: 18g, 42p, 110 hits, 46 takeaways
Kreider: 25g, 39p, 251 hits, 19 takeaways
Toffoli: 16g, 37p, 140 hits, 24 takeaways
Palmieri: 17g, 32p, 177 hits, 24 takeaways
Pageau: 28g, 37p, 211 hits, 30 takeaways

Palmieri would be a great addition, high character player. Kreider is still my top choice because of his speed and physicality. Saad is sneaky good and like Palmieri, signed for another year. Wish I had more confidence in Pageau as RW (or Coyle). The list above makes me think we're underrating Toffoli.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Hamilton because he's a d**k he shot his way out of Boston in the off season and then not sure if, he then wanted out of Calgary because they didn't keep his brother..... Hamhuis IIRC because he had an ill family member and he wanted to be closer to home.

I think it was Hamonic.

Reactions: Strafer

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
What NJ needs:
1. Top 4 left D (main need is a defensive dman, with Andy Greene done after this season)
2. Draft Picks (NJ has no 2020 2nd &3rd round picks, no 2021 2nd round picks)
3. Young middle six winger (If you need to send a roster player for cap reasons, then we would take a player like Heinen over someone like John Moore, who already played for NJ and choose to let him go)
4. Backup Goalie / goalie prospect (Not a priority. Will likely be addressed in offseason)

What we dont need:
1. Centers (You should be fine with keeping Studnicka and Beecher. NJ center depth at NHL and prospect level is good)

I can't see any deal for Palmieri that doesnt have Vaakanainen and draft picks going to new jersey.
Damn, Peter Sidorkiewicz, there is a hockey name I haven't heard in years.. :laugh:
I remember him.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I wouldn't trade Lauzon, just because I think he's going to be a future top 4 defenseman and the Bruins this year would stand a lot better chance at winning the Cup with Palmeiri in their line-up than Heinen.

Heinen one of Zboril or Seny and a 2nd should be enough in getting it done.
Agree keep Lauzon and no need to deal our 1st, a 2nd with a player like Heinen , Zboril and Fitzgerald is enough.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
But the choice isn't Heinen or Palmieri. It's both. They have a better shot at the Cup with both.

And the reason you're getting Palmieri is because NJ wants a good defenseman and Lauzon is a flat-out better prospect than Zboril. Plus between Krug, Gryz, Vaak and Moore, there's not going to be a place for Lauzon anyway.
Trade Moore to the Blackhawks and keep Lauzon. Trade Zboril in the Palmieri deal.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What NJ needs:
1. Top 4 left D (main need is a defensive dman, with Andy Greene done after this season)
3. Young middle six winger (If you need to send a roster player for cap reasons, then we would take a player like Heinen over someone like John Moore, who already played for NJ and choose to let him go)
4. Backup Goalie / goalie prospect (Not a priority. Will likely be addressed in offseason)

What we dont need:
1. Centers (You should be fine with keeping Studnicka and Beecher. NJ center depth at NHL and prospect level is good)

I can't see any deal for Palmieri that doesnt have Vaakanainen and draft picks going to new jersey.

gotta give to get. i'd move vaakanainen for the right fit (non-rental) at RW.
palmieri, josh anderson, rakell, arvidsson. those guys all hit the spot. heinen
seems most likely to be moved of the roster players (not including the likes of
ritchie, lindholm, backes, etc who nobody wants).

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
What NJ needs:

What we dont need:

We got you covered:
1. Top four D man, check. Except for McAvoy, Carlo and Krug.
2. Draft picks, check. We have all but a #4 in 2020. Don’t want to give up a first, though.
3. Young middle six winger, check. Got Heinen.
4. Backup goalie: can’t help you there.

Covered three of your four asks. Palmieri ours?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I know I’m going to trigger some here with this link....

:laugh::laugh:

Bruins evaluating trade market — The Fourth Period

Nothing against you but this article isn't even as exploratory or deep as the average basic posts that you can read here. I used to read "The Fourth Period" all the time but wow their articles seemed to have gone way down hill. The way this was written it feels like the writer read 5 posts on HFB and popped this gem of an article out.

Reactions: sarge88

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Heinen, Zboril, Backes 50%, 1st 2020 (5.8mill cap)
For
Palmieri (4.65mill cap)

Miller, 2021 2nd (2.5mill cap)
For
Toffoli 50% (2.3mill cap)

Total cap savings 1.35mill

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Toffoli
Bjork-Coyle-Palmieri
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Might have to add a little to both deals but I feel like it’s a good basis on both as far as cap goes. Palmieri makes so much sense for the Bruins it reminds me of us trading for Horton. Obviously can move Palmieri to the 2nd line, I just love the look of that 3rd line long term. Like having a really good additional 2nd line.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Same thing as MoJo last year— play talent with talent and see what happens, you know? Not saying it’ll work, but Galchenyuk is one of the most talented players out there, he’s just never been able to put it together. I’d roll him with Krejci or Coyle and see what happens. In the least bit, he’ll probably outplay someone like Heinen in terms of danger and scoring.
Too soft. They need a heavy winger if they are going to make a trade. Think playoffs and the fact that they get pushed around with heavy teams.

Reactions: Sheppy and Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad