Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals X

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Heinen, Zboril, Backes 50%, 1st 2020 (5.8mill cap)
For
Palmieri (4.65mill cap)

Miller, 2021 2nd (2.5mill cap)
For
Toffoli 50% (2.3mill cap)

Total cap savings 1.35mill

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Toffoli
Bjork-Coyle-Palmieri
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Might have to add a little to both deals but I feel like it’s a good basis on both as far as cap goes. Palmieri makes so much sense for the Bruins it reminds me of us trading for Horton. Obviously can move Palmieri to the 2nd line, I just love the look of that 3rd line long term. Like having a really good additional 2nd line.

I like this alot but I have a feeling that NJD wont trade Palmieri. Until we overpay really hard.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Don’t know why that would trigger much of a response as this opinion is nothing new. We’ve been discussing the pros and cons of Toffoli and Kreider for some time here.

It was more about the headline that Sweeney is “Evaluating”.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Too soft. They need a heavy winger if they are going to make a trade. Think playoffs and the fact that they get pushed around with heavy teams.
not arguing but how many of those "heavy wingers" are out there who can actually play and also, yet most importantly, are available?

Just read this, I`m not an anti Taffoli guy, just not convinced he`s the answer and rather have someone who isn`t a pure rental

Friedman: Bruins know they’ve got a deal for Toffoli ‘in their hip pocket’

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From today’s Globe:

With the Feb. 24 trade deadline fast approaching, the Bruins remain on the hunt for scoring help. Sportsnet NHL insider Elliotte Friedman offered a few interesting tidbits on his 31 Thoughts podcast this past week.

Friedman believes the Bruins could snatch a right wing from the rebuilding Kings: 27-year-old Tyler Toffoli, who has a 12-15—27 line in 45 games. However, they may also be interested in another rental: 28-year-old Rangers left winger Chris Kreider.

“My opinion is changing almost on the day,” Friedman said of the Boxford, Mass.-bred Kreider (14-15—29 in 43 games). “I’ve had guys tell me that they think the Rangers are starting to think more and more about, do they keep him?”

Friedman explained that Kreider, a speedy, 6-3 forward who plays with an edge, would be “hard to replace” for the Rangers, who are “starting to get some things going offensively. Their top couple of lines have some chemistry.”

“I do think Boston, if they wanted to, could do a deal for Toffoli almost at any time. I think they know they’ve got that in their hip pocket,” Friedman added. “So the question is, do you do that or do you wait for Kreider?”

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Reactions: Lo97 and Estlin

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
st5248.jpg

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Can anyone post the text? Link doesnt work for europe:huh:
Ever since Taylor Hall was traded by New Jersey to Arizona last month, focus has turned to New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider, who like Hall can become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

If the Rangers make Kreider available, the 6-foot-3, 216-pound left-handed shot would inspire a legion of suitors, including the Boxford native’s hometown Bruins.

But Sportsnet NHL insider Elliotte Friedman, talking about Kreider on 31 Thoughts: The Podcast with co-host Jeff Marek, isn’t so sure the Rangers are going to move the 28-year-old Kreider.

“My opinion is changing almost on the day on Kreider,” Friedman said. “Because I’ve had guys tell me that they think the Rangers are starting to think more and more about do they keep him.

“And again this will all play out over the next six weeks, but you get rid of him, it’s hard to replace.

“You know they’re starting to get some things going offensively. Their top couple of lines have some chemistry. Now I think one of the biggest things is: how much is [Mika> Zibanejad going to cost them?”

Although Friedman didn’t get into price, one would imagine that Kreider, who has 14 goals and 15 assists in 43 games this season, will bring the Rangers a steep one – probably a prospect and a high draft pick to begin.

A player that might come a little cheaper is Los Angeles Kings forward Tyler Toffoli, who has 12 goals and 15 assists in 45 games this season. The 27-year-old would also be a rental, and the 6-foot, 197-pound right-handed shot is on a scoring pace close to his 24-goal 2017-18 season rather than his 13-goal 2018-19 campaign. But his down season last year might diminish his trade value.

Friedman thinks Bruins general manager Don Sweeney can get Toffoli, if he’s not traded somewhere else, any time they want.

“I’ll tell you this, I do think Boston, if they wanted to, could do a deal for Toffoli almost at any time. I think they know they’ve got that in their hip pocket,” Friedman said. “So the question is: do you do that or do you wait for Kreider?”

Toffoli’s would probably still cost a contender a high draft pick or a high-level prospect, especially considering he’s of little use to the Kings, who are in full rebuild mode. Whereas the Rangers are competitive every night and might be thinking they can accelerate their return to contention by keeping Kreider.

The NHL trade deadline is Feb. 24.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Ever since Taylor Hall was traded by New Jersey to Arizona last month, focus has turned to New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider, who like Hall can become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

If the Rangers make Kreider available, the 6-foot-3, 216-pound left-handed shot would inspire a legion of suitors, including the Boxford native’s hometown Bruins.

But Sportsnet NHL insider Elliotte Friedman, talking about Kreider on 31 Thoughts: The Podcast with co-host Jeff Marek, isn’t so sure the Rangers are going to move the 28-year-old Kreider.

“My opinion is changing almost on the day on Kreider,” Friedman said. “Because I’ve had guys tell me that they think the Rangers are starting to think more and more about do they keep him.

“And again this will all play out over the next six weeks, but you get rid of him, it’s hard to replace.

“You know they’re starting to get some things going offensively. Their top couple of lines have some chemistry. Now I think one of the biggest things is: how much is [Mika> Zibanejad going to cost them?”

Although Friedman didn’t get into price, one would imagine that Kreider, who has 14 goals and 15 assists in 43 games this season, will bring the Rangers a steep one – probably a prospect and a high draft pick to begin.

A player that might come a little cheaper is Los Angeles Kings forward Tyler Toffoli, who has 12 goals and 15 assists in 45 games this season. The 27-year-old would also be a rental, and the 6-foot, 197-pound right-handed shot is on a scoring pace close to his 24-goal 2017-18 season rather than his 13-goal 2018-19 campaign. But his down season last year might diminish his trade value.

Friedman thinks Bruins general manager Don Sweeney can get Toffoli, if he’s not traded somewhere else, any time they want.

“I’ll tell you this, I do think Boston, if they wanted to, could do a deal for Toffoli almost at any time. I think they know they’ve got that in their hip pocket,” Friedman said. “So the question is: do you do that or do you wait for Kreider?”

Toffoli’s would probably still cost a contender a high draft pick or a high-level prospect, especially considering he’s of little use to the Kings, who are in full rebuild mode. Whereas the Rangers are competitive every night and might be thinking they can accelerate their return to contention by keeping Kreider.

Thank you!

Reactions: Boston Bandit

BruinsNetwork

I don’t think Toffoli will cost all that much, to be honest. However, I fear Bruins fans would turn on him pretty quickly once he is here. He’s not very physical and he isn’t really the one to stir the drink, so he’s only as good as the players on his line are. Meaning— if DeBrusk and Krejci are struggling or slumping, don’t count on Toffoli to be the one to take matters into his own hand and break it open.

Personally, I think Toffoli is still a better fit than most targets out there, aside from Palmeri, obviously. Bruins don’t need another star or super high-end player— they need a supporting cast member in the form of a solid second-line guy. I think Toffoli fits that build and would mesh very well with Krejci.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don’t think Toffoli will cost all that much, to be honest. However, I fear Bruins fans would turn on him pretty quickly once he is here. He’s not very physical and he isn’t really the one to stir the drink, so he’s only as good as the players on his line are. Meaning— if DeBrusk and Krejci are struggling or slumping, don’t count on Toffoli to be the one to take matters into his own hand and break it open.

Personally, I think Toffoli is still a better fit than most targets out there, aside from Palmeri, obviously. Bruins don’t need another star or super high-end player— they need a supporting cast member in the form of a solid second-line guy. I think Toffoli fits that build and would mesh very well with Krejci.

If he is the target here, I hope they wait and see if Bjork is that guy first. The goals aren't quite there with him, but how Toffoli fits in I think Bjork does already outside of that. It would be nice not to have to shop and give away players or picks.

Reactions: Strafer

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Heinen, Zboril, Backes 50%, 1st 2020 (5.8mill cap)
For
Palmieri (4.65mill cap)

Miller, 2021 2nd (2.5mill cap)
For
Toffoli 50% (2.3mill cap)

Total cap savings 1.35mill

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Toffoli
Bjork-Coyle-Palmieri
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Might have to add a little to both deals but I feel like it’s a good basis on both as far as cap goes. Palmieri makes so much sense for the Bruins it reminds me of us trading for Horton. Obviously can move Palmieri to the 2nd line, I just love the look of that 3rd line long term. Like having a really good additional 2nd line.

Wouldn't mind getting both guys here. But if I'm New Jersey, I'm looking for Bjork & Vaak instead of Heinen & Zboril.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

I agree. Curious, I’ve mentioned him here before but what do you think about Craig Smith? I see him as a great fit on this team and would put up better numbers than a Toffoli and cost less than a Palmieri.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsNetwork

I agree. Curious, I’ve mentioned him here before but what do you think about Craig Smith? I see him as a great fit on this team and would put up better numbers than a Toffoli and cost less than a Palmieri.

I definitely like Craig Smith, just not sure about the price or fit in terms of style. He seems to be in the mold of a North-South player, but he’s got a good shot and he’s heavy on the puck. Brings a lot of energy and has been good for 20-goals each year.

Personally, I think players like Toffoli and Smith is more of what this team needs than someone like Kreider.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Toffoli is/potentially will be underwhelming
depends on what people's expectations are. I think Toffoli is basically a carbon copy of Michael Ryder. one-dimensional goal scorer who doesn't do anything exceptionally well, but scores pretty consistently. He's probably not a top tier 2nd line winger, but is capable of playing 2nd line wing on a lot of teams.

Would I prefer someone on the level of a Palmieri or Kessel for the 2nd line? Sure. But given the gaping hole we have at 2RW if you told me a 27 year old Michael Ryder was available I'd be all over it. Toffoli is basically that sort of player so even if he's not my first choice, he's still a massive upgrade and at least on paper seems like a terrific fit with 74 and 46.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I was pretty underwhelmed when they acquired Mojo last season. I ended up being totally and pleasantly surprised with the results.

Toffoli could be a great addition, I doubt that’s the only move they make though. Presumably to acquire anyone salary will have to be moved out. If they did Heinen for him as an example another hole is created. I wouldn’t be surprised to see multiple additions with similar or matching cap.

I expect Moore and Heinen to be playing for different teams in March, but who knows. I’m just along for the ride

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Toffoli and someone with some jam. Lucic @2.87 or 2.75 (50% retained) wouldnt be terrible for 4th line duties and 2nd PP unit with Krejci.

Moore + 4th for Lucic 50% retained
Toffoli for Heinen

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Toffoli
Lucic-Coyle-Bjork
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Backes

Let the chirps fly hahahaha

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Backes, Heinen, First, 2nd, Fitzy (dad wants him) and Andersson for Palmieri and Wood.

Gryz for Josh Anderson (50% retained)

Call up Lauzon and get him ready for the play-offs

Waive Ritchie

63-37-88
74-46-Palmieri
10-13-Anderson
Wood-52-14
26-20

33-73
47-25
79-75/86/27

superior skill and muscle and play-off built.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Toffoli and someone with some jam. Lucic @2.87 or 2.75 (50% retained) wouldnt be terrible for 4th line duties and 2nd PP unit with Krejci.

Moore + 4th for Lucic 50% retained
Toffoli for Heinen

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Toffoli
Lucic-Coyle-Bjork
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Backes

Let the chirps fly hahahaha

Nope, Lucic in any capacity would be TERRIBLE. He has 10 points this year. The mighty have unfortunately fallen and it's hilarious we are still seeing his name being re-acquired. Why would anyone want this player? You really want to handcuff the Bruins by bringing Lucic back. Nothing like Backes and Lucic stinking up the joint!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

If we got Toffoli, I'd almost want him 3RW. Give you a "shooter" on each line. I really think Bjork with his uptempo/aggressive attack pushes DeBrusk and makes him skate.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Bjork
Heinen - Coyle - Toffoli

I'm still wanting Senyshyn to get a look at that 3RW.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Wouldn't mind getting both guys here. But if I'm New Jersey, I'm looking for Bjork & Vaak instead of Heinen & Zboril.
Either Bjork + Zboril or Heinen + Vaak, not giving up both Bjork and Vaak unless a much better player than KP is coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad