Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Despite the Bruins supposed interest, it didn't make sense for them to go after Dillon. He's, at best, your 6th best defenseman (and I honestly would prefer their other in-house options). I think it would have been a waste of assets to trade for him. I'm glad they didn't.

I am fine not adding him.But if I hear excuses why top 6 hole there come Monday I will be pretty disappointed in our GM.

Reactions: lopey

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
For the Caps, Holtby sucks this year and Sammy might not be ready so there is a good chance they get knocked off before the conference finals
I mean the fact that the Caps have only gotten to 1 conference finals since they have drafted Ovi shows that there is a really good chance they don't make it that far.

Reactions: LouJersey

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
With the emergence of Lauzon, Dillon really didnt seem like a need for Boston. He brings the same style and handles the puck better imo.

And is a better skater. I am not sweating anyone in the NHL versus our team right now. Caps got tougher, whatever. Tampa got Blake Coleman, whatever. They're going to need all of that and more if they have to face the Bruins in a 7 game series :yo:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if we could do Kreider + Fast. He's on a cheap deal and is a UFA after this season. That would solve the winger needs completely.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kreider
Bjork-Coyle-Fast
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Assuming Heinen and or/Kuhlman are dealt.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
And these bad teams which are acquiring prospects are looking for future 2nd line players when their teams is good again. They aren’t looking for players who when their team is good again will be slotted at 3rd or 4th line players.

They aren’t looking for future 3rd or 4th line players with term. They are looking for future top 6 players and many other farm systems have much more of that talent available and are willing to part ways with that talent.

therefore teams can outbid the bruins.

You're probably right when it comes to forwards. The Bruins don't have much high end skill to offer up front.

But when it comes to defense, I think the Bruins have at least as much to offer to bad teams as any other team. And bad teams need defense, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad