Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The bruins can beat any team in the league. They could lose to both those teams too. But they could beat those teams. There is no reason to think otherwise at this point. This is one of the most dominant bruins teams I’ve ever seen. Best defence in the east imo. Good goalies. Basically needs one right winger to be perfect. I’d really like to see Boston retain its first. Ppl are saying this years draft is the best since 2003? Which would be a shame to waste the pick and not win the cup.

The league is awfully tight and your right the Bruins can beat anyone,but their also beatable and once the playoffs start its a different season and the Bruins will need that second line winger if they plan on winning another Cup.

"Ppl are saying this years draft is the best since 2003"

At least since 2015, but yes its suppose to rank right up there with those two drafts.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Funny how some posters were saying “why would NJ trade their future captain?”
Everyone is available for the right price. That’s why TB paid so much. Wish Boston got him but whatever.

Need to get M.Foligno now to get bigger & tougher. He would be a good response to TB’s move and cheaper. Then get Palmieri or at least Toffoli for RW. Those two needs have to be addressed.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The bruins can beat any team in the league. They could lose to both those teams too. But they could beat those teams. There is no reason to think otherwise at this point. This is one of the most dominant bruins teams I’ve ever seen. Best defence in the east imo. Good goalies. Basically needs one right winger to be perfect. I’d really like to see Boston retain its first. Ppl are saying this years draft is the best since 2003? Which would be a shame to waste the pick and not win the cup.
They are a really good team ,but man they depend so much on the first line, and if they get shut down, can we depend on Bjork,Heinen, Kuhlman to pick up the slack .Going into the playoffs with Kuhlman as their second line winger,really isn’t an option.Might be a strong draft ,but as far down as when Bruins would be picking?

Reactions: lopey

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Coleman was a HUGE overpay by TBay.
Tbay trades Foote, a 6'4 220 lb dee with upside as a #3?
It would be like the Bruins giving up Beecher or Vaak and a first round pick for him. No way I do that.
Coleman is a career 20 goal scorer and third liner.
If these are the prices teams want for a third liner, I would rather have us stand pat.
I can only imagine what the Devils would want for Palmeri now, Beecher, Vaak , first rounder and a mid range prospect??
I cant see anyone giving up a first rounder ++ for Toffoli.
This makes me think that maybe we can get a first rounder for Heinen? Trade him, call up Stud and put him on the 4th line for the rest of the year, move Kuraly to the wing.
And what about Clifton, teams are in need of a puck moving defenceman?
You are thinking Cal Foote the D, this was his brother Nolan Foote a goal scoring forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: YouTakeTheVan

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Things tend to tighten up in the playoffs, and matchups become incredibly key. Regular season records become pointless. I get that the Bs have been a great regular season team, but anyone thinking this team as-is can beat TB in a 7 game playoff series is dreaming. TB's D and goaltending might not be quite as strong as that of the Bs, but it's offensive depth can more than offset the slight drop in D/goalie that it loses to that of Boston. Boston is still essentially a one-line offensive and PP team. Sure, it can get some contributions from the middle 6, but it is not going to be enough offense to take down TB in a seven game series. Add to that, TB is not the only team that can give the Bs fits come playoff time. I still maintain Boston got very lucky last season to make the SCF due to a couple huge upsets of teams Boston did not match up with well. They then got upset by an inferior Blues team in the finals. I'm not sure anyone can count on that kind of luck two seasons in a row.

DS absolutely has to deliver before the deadline if the Bs are going to win a Cup this season. The Bs beyond the first line do not have much they can count on to score the even strength goals necessary to go all the way in the playoffs. The fourth line as currently constructed, and as currently playing, is an issue as well. The Bs need to add the obvious 2RW, and ideally an upgrade on the third line. The answer to upgrading the fourth line is already here. Players such as Kuhlman and Blidh could really make that fourth line formidable. A Cup run is going to be all about offensive depth. The D and goaltending are more than fine.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
You're thinking of his brother Cal Foote. Nolan Foote is a 6'4 LW goal scorer.
Yes and I will bet that the Tampa scouts saw something in his game that they don’t like. Happens often. That’s the team that know the most about him

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Funny how some posters were saying “why would NJ trade their future captain?”
Everyone is available for the right price. That’s why TB paid so much. Wish Boston got him but whatever.

Need to get M.Foligno now to get bigger & tougher. He would be a good response to TB’s move and cheaper. Then get Palmieri or at least Toffoli for RW. Those two needs have to be addressed.
I mean they did just trade their current captain.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Think they'll pretty much stand pat. Sweeney will do his standard move of spending 3-4 late round picks for depth guys. The price/performance for this year's deadline seems particularly bad. The only major name that interests me is Kreider, but his asking price is probably absurd.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Think they'll pretty much stand pat. Sweeney will do his standard move of spending 3-4 late round picks for depth guys. The price/performance for this year's deadline seems particularly bad. The only major name that interests me is Kreider, but his asking price is probably absurd.
i still tgink tiffoli is the best match

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I like both players but I don't want to see Lauzon wearing a habs uniform for the next ten years.

Ya, I get that, but I could see the Habs jumping on this one. The fan base is just rabid for homies. Domi is apparently on the outs with Claude. Kovi would add some size and scoring . Bergevin loves his draft picks. The Habs have the cap space to take on Backes. Just need to find the right sweetners.

Marchy/Bergy/ Pasta
DeBrusk/Krecji/Kovi
Bjork/Coyle/Domi

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Ya, I get that, but I could see the Habs jumping on this one. The fan base is just rabid for homies. Domi is apparently on the outs with Claude. Kovi would add some size and scoring . Bergevin loves his draft picks. The Habs have the cap space to take on Backes. Just need to find the right sweetners.

Marchy/Bergy/ Pasta
DeBrusk/Krecji/Kovi
Bjork/Coyle/Domi

Backes can only be traded to 8 teams.Bet anyone Habs arenot on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad