Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
did he offer that up recently? non-stop brilliance. hopefully he doesn't pick up on this
palmieri stuff and ruin it by claiming it'll happen.

Yeah he was quoted in one of those hockey rumor blogs that’s questionable to begin with saying he heard from a reliable source “don’t be surprised if they deal McAvoy”. If I find it I can post it. It randomly showed up in my twitter or Facebook.

Reactions: Strafer

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Yeah he was quoted in one of those hockey rumor blogs that’s questionable to begin with saying he heard from a reliable source “don’t be surprised if they deal McAvoy”. If I find it I can post it. It randomly showed up in my twitter or Facebook.

:laugh: always entertaining. don't worry about posting. his stuff is considered unwelcome here.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Interesting:

For what it’s worth, Rutherford doesn’t appear to be too picky in regards to things like contract length — in fact, a rental option may be preferred.

“I’m open to all options. I’m OK with a rental if that’s what’s there. Sometimes it’s actually better if a guy is an unrestricted free agent at summer,” Rutherford said. “My main thing is finding a player who is the proper fit. I don’t care as much about how many years we’ll have him for. Sure, you consider that. But I want to win right now, this season. The goal is to win now. We have identified guys out there who we think can help us.”

Reactions: Strafer and Grimey

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Interesting:

For what it’s worth, Rutherford doesn’t appear to be too picky in regards to things like contract length — in fact, a rental option may be preferred.

“I’m open to all options. I’m OK with a rental if that’s what’s there. Sometimes it’s actually better if a guy is an unrestricted free agent at summer,” Rutherford said. “My main thing is finding a player who is the proper fit. I don’t care as much about how many years we’ll have him for. Sure, you consider that. But I want to win right now, this season. The goal is to win now. We have identified guys out there who we think can help us.”

He's made some pretty solid trades in the past, too. Nothing particularly flashy, but he's good at filling specific needs come playoff time.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He's made some pretty solid trades in the past, too. Nothing particularly flashy, but he's good at filling specific needs come playoff time.

Very important role for any GM is being able to identify needs and filling them and Rutherford is good at it i concur .Sweeney really needs to recognize Bruins and plug em .Top 6 player is essential in my mind.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
All these offers offering vaak and a 1st round pick is a rip off . Try to get jumbo joe for a 3rd round pick. We can't give up our blue chip prospects and 1st round picks. We almost won the cup by just getting a mojo and Coyle last year. Donny doesn't need to overpay and destroy the future. I'm sure he knows that.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Kyle Palmieri

Palmieri left tonight game in overtime diving in the neutral zone to breakup a pass, didn't look to be serious :dunno: but he did leave, very uneducated guess...shoulder..

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Kyle Palmieri

Palmieri left tonight game in overtime diving in the neutral zone to breakup a pass, didn't look to be serious :dunno: but he did leave, very uneducated guess...shoulder..
Did they start playing again, already??

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
All these offers offering vaak and a 1st round pick is a rip off . Try to get jumbo joe for a 3rd round pick. We can't give up our blue chip prospects and 1st round picks. We almost won the cup by just getting a mojo and Coyle last year. Donny doesn't need to overpay and destroy the future. I'm sure he knows that.
It likely won’t happen again that we don’t play Tampa or Washington or both. We need a big upgrade or upgrades to win

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Didn't you just chastise Sweeney in another thread for getting a Mojo type?

Reactions: lopey

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Didn't you just chastise Sweeney in another thread for getting a Mojo type?
I love general managers who go for the low tier types of trades that pay big dividends . Donny went big for the Nash trade and paid a pretty penny and didn't get his bang for the buck on that one . Went he went for the low tier type of trade like mojo he scored well. Hopefully he does the same and protects our future which is just as important. It's a tough balancing act but I have faith in Donny to do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad