All Bruins rumors/proposals: The Long Off-Season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
If we don't draft/trade for a young defenseman with top pairing/preferably #1 potential by the start of next year, I'll be very disappointed. I was under the impression Hamilton was traded for such little return because Sweeney had a plan to bring in another, especially since the #3 pick to Boston was such a big rumor that day.

Obviously things turned out different, we got a great defensive prospect in Zboril and a guy who will hopefully be a good supporting player in Miller, but we still don't have that #1 potential guy unless one of our prospects is a huge surprise. Without a great #1D you cannot win a Cup. The only exception to this in the past couple of years was Pittsburgh in 2009. Other than that, Chara, Keith, Doughty, Lidstrom... You need a guy of that caliber. We'll have two draft picks next year, wouldn't surprise me if both were high. We have two great goaltending prospects who will have more value come next year. KoKo is going to get tired of not having an opportunity in the NHL. Package what futures that are expendable to get a guy like Chychrun... Then I'll be happy. I don't think trading Krejci is the answer and I don't think we will trade him. Krejci started the season injured, was out for months, then played injured for the rest of the year. I think because of what happened last year Krejci seems expendable... It's happened on this board before when he had a disappointing season. I think he'll have a good year next year. The Krejci/Bergeron tandem was and is crucial to our success and I have no doubt management sees it as our future.

Pretty much agree with all of this. I also prefer to keep Krejci, as right now trading him would be trading him low, but I think we need to consider all options in order to get a legit #1, as you say.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
We've talked about this before but have to do whatever it takes to land Chychrun, our prospect pool wold be gold after that and we'd be top teams in the East for a long long time without cap hell fears.

:nod::nod::nod:

I think Dom is also on board the Chychrun Train.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Eriksson for Buff is fine in reality...too bad you have to pay for perception also...

The thought of Eriksson, Koko, and a 1st for Buff shows just how far perception is out of whack.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Eriksson for Buff is fine in reality...too bad you have to pay for perception also...

The thought of Eriksson, Koko, and a 1st for Buff shows just how far perception is out of whack.

It's become ridiculous. Winnipeg fans are touting Byfuglien as a #1 yet the team has sheltered him more and more as they've got players like Trouba, Enstrom and Myers playing more minutes than him. He's like a Phanuef, he's a fine top pairing guy if you have someone to pair him with, or he can anchor a 2nd pairing and provide a huge scoring boost but he is a liability in his own end and someone you want to get away from elite player. If Boston is going to be bringing in a defensemen I want a guy to be lessening Chara's role not replacing Dougie's. The B's have two offensive defensemen in the system seemingly ready for NHL minutes now in C.Miller and Morrow. Krug has certainly earned a look in the top-4 this year as well. The B's have guys that can skate and put up points, if not this year then next. They don't have that top-pairing minute eater (Zboril may be close to this but likely won't be ready for a couple of years) that could help shoulder the load and give Chara some rest. Byfuglien is just nowhere near that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad