All Bruins rumors/proposals: The Long Off-Season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Zidlicky rumours: how is he any better than Joe Morrow ? Morrow is Rod Langway defensively compared to Zidlicky.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Zidlicky rumours: how is he any better than Joe Morrow ? Morrow is Rod Langway defensively compared to Zidlicky.

This is why i find the mcquaid signing so bizarre... you Morrow & trotman who can slide into the line up, seids krug and then still have chara and kevan miller.... you could easily slot mcquaid out of the line and have saved 2.75 mill.

the forward group has good potential and looks good after the make over... except for maybe talbot and kelly still being there.

but the D squad is all over the place.. I hoep prior to DS taking some vacation time in aug he gets the d sorted out with a trade or two and a singing or two.

move Seids and Kevan Miller before training camp starts...

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This is why i find the mcquaid signing so bizarre... you Morrow & trotman who can slide into the line up, seids krug and then still have chara and kevan miller.... you could easily slot mcquaid out of the line and have saved 2.75 mill.

the forward group has good potential and looks good after the make over... except for maybe talbot and kelly still being there.

but the D squad is all over the place.. I hoep prior to DS taking some vacation time in aug he gets the d sorted out with a trade or two and a singing or two.

move Seids and Kevan Miller before training camp starts...

What last year showed is you cannot continue to lose toughness and leadership every off season and expect to compete. Morrow and Trotman are totally unproven and do not bring McQuaid's physical game to the table. Trotman from what I have seen looks like Hal Gill, and that is not a compliment.

McQuaid may be slightly over paid but I bet a large number of teams in the league take him at his current salary. I also do not consider Kevan Miller an acceptable replacement for McQuaid.

Move Kelly and sign Franson for a 2 or 3 years, I am assuming that this is what is currently being discussed considering the daily talk about Franson and that teams are suppose to be interested in Kelly. You will still have cap space going into the season and your D is now average to slightly above with Chara, Siedenberg, Franson, Krug, McQuiad and one of K.Miller, C.Miller, Irwin, Morrow or Trotman as the number six D.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I look at Zidlicky as a stop gap for nothing more than a year. So the guys like Colin Miller and Joe Morrow can develop for another season. I love Zid's offensive game, almost like an old man Krug. Think Miro the Hero Satan.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Originally Posted by Dellstrom

I'll take a cheap, one year of Zidlicky over 4 overpaid years of Franson.

Could be a good idea:

2016 UFA Class

Seabrook
Giordano
E.Johnson
Byfuglien
Coburn
Yandle
Hamhuis

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I look at Zidlicky as a stop gap for nothing more than a year. So the guys like Colin Miller and Joe Morrow can develop for another season. I love Zid's offensive game, almost like an old man Krug. Think Miro the Hero Satan.

Adding on to my post, Sweeney could be using Zidlicky as a bargaining technique towards the Franson camp. We're bound to land at least one of them.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Could be a good idea:

2016 UFA Class

Seabrook
Giordano
E.Johnson
Byfuglien
Coburn
Yandle
Hamhuis

the problem here is thaty likely only 1 maybe 2 make to UFA status. and even then only a selevt few would you want to build around. I hope the B's can make something happen via trade and maybe 1/2 signings.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Could be a good idea:

2016 UFA Class

Seabrook
Giordano
E.Johnson
Byfuglien
Coburn
Yandle
Hamhuis

Yandle/Hamhuis/Coburn are the only ones that will be available as a UFA, Hamhuis should not be a goal.

Krug sounds very hungry and wants to prove himself as a top4D and he sounds like he has gotten stronger% heavier.

By DJ Bean
“People want to say, ‘Oh, we need to bring in a top-four guy.’ I sit here and say, ‘Well, look at me,’” Krug said.

“But that’s for the coaching staff and management to decide and that’s for myself to prove,” he added. “I’m not expecting to just be given anything, but I’m expecting to earn that opportunity and make the most of it, for sure.”
He’s skating with different players and looks noticeably bigger, though he estimated that he’s only put on four pounds or so.
would be huge if he is able to earn that.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
I think Seabrook and Gio are the only two off that list that have absolutely no hope of hitting fa. If their current teams don't resign them they'll be traded to someone who most likely will.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
“People want to say, ‘Oh, we need to bring in a top-four guy.’ I sit here and say, ‘Well, look at me,’” Krug said.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Even if Krug proves to be a top 4 guy, which I really hope he does, we still need another one.
Theres going to be alot of growing pains boys and girls.
I say don't sign Franson or Zidlicky unless the deal is really favorable for us.

Part of me wants to see what the young guys got. The past few years we've had several players playing out of their comfort zone (Bart, Miller). Might as well keep it going with Trotman/Morrow/Miller and Maybe one of em can run with some important minutes. Bridge year!:banana::banghead:
I can't wait to see drive and determination to get into the lineup from some of the kids. So many unknowns and slots up for grabs. They better be battling the **** out of each other for them in training camp

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Even if Krug proves to be a top 4 guy, which I really hope he does, we still need another one.
Theres going to be alot of growing pains boys and girls.
I say don't sign Franson or Zidlicky unless the deal is really favorable for us.

Part of me wants to see what the young guys got. The past few years we've had several players playing out of their comfort zone (Bart, Miller). Might as well keep it going with Trotman/Morrow/Miller and Maybe one of em can run with some important minutes. Bridge year!:banana::banghead:
I can't wait to see drive and determination to get into the lineup from some of the kids. So many unknowns and slots up for grabs. They better be battling the **** out of each other for them in training camp

I'd argue that at this point any deal with Franson/Ehrhoff/Zidlicky would be favorable to us...but Franson is the only one I want.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yandle/Hamhuis/Coburn are the only ones that will be available as a UFA, Hamhuis should not be a goal.

Krug sounds very hungry and wants to prove himself as a top4D and he sounds like he has gotten stronger% heavier.

By DJ Bean
“People want to say, ‘Oh, we need to bring in a top-four guy.’ I sit here and say, ‘Well, look at me,’†Krug said.

“But that’s for the coaching staff and management to decide and that’s for myself to prove,†he added. “I’m not expecting to just be given anything, but I’m expecting to earn that opportunity and make the most of it, for sure.â€
He’s skating with different players and looks noticeably bigger, though he estimated that he’s only put on four pounds or so.
would be huge if he is able to earn that.

I wonder if the Bruins would try to change Krug's style if they slot him in a top 4 role ? I hope Kriug can have his best year offensively ,this year .

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I wonder if the Bruins would try to change Krug's style if they slot him in a top 4 role ? I hope Kriug can have his best year offensively ,this year .

I'd say it's all about Krug being hungry and wanting to show that he is ready to take that spot, he knows he needs to get stronger if he wants that top4 spot.

It's like Spurgeon(Minny's version of Krug) and Scandella(Minny's version of Seids), they work together very well and create a strong 2nd pairing for Minny. Krug+Prime Seids should be a pretty damm good 2nd pairing. How do we find prime Seids is the question.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I've been wrong about Krug's progress every step of the way so this time I'm going to say he carves out a top4 spot. I think he's at least earned a shot.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I've been wrong about Krug's progress every step of the way so this time I'm going to say he carves out a top4 spot. I think he's at least earned a shot.

One thing is for certain Joker....that you are right or wrong in your assessments you seem to be a "Straight Arrow" just like the late great Ted Tevan would call it.

I believe Krug deserves this as well and I am hoping he will take the opportunity and skate with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->