Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Kane will end up in Vegas. Do not need a clown like him in the Boston locker room tainting the incoming youth.

Bruins are in a 9th place zone right now. This is with Rask playing at an elite level. Will he just hope the team will somehow improve with its current roster? Or does he trade for a dman & secondary scoring? Or does he decide to maybe sell off some assets and try for a better 1st round pick?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Kane will end up in Vegas. Do not need a clown like him in the Boston locker room tainting the incoming youth.

What makes you think that the people in LV would be willing to taint a brand new crew with a selfish jerk in their locker-room.

Bruins are in a 9th place zone right now. This is with Rask playing at an elite level. Will he just hope the team will somehow improve with its current roster? Or does he trade for a dman & secondary scoring? Or does he decide to maybe sell off some assets and try for a better 1st round pick?

What do you think they'll do? Going by Donnie's history he'll wait and wait until it's too late. Question is, will Jacobs allow another year of an anemic no show at the end of the season?
IMO they know that there's a good chance that they don't make the playoffs but are just trying to keep us coming back and are biding time until reinforcements arrive.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
What do you think they'll do? Going by Donnie's history he'll wait and wait until it's too late. Question is, will Jacobs allow another year of an anemic no show at the end of the season?
IMO they know that there's a good chance that they don't make the playoffs but are just trying to keep us coming back and are biding time until reinforcements arrive.

I assume you mean Bruins recent history? Sweeney barely has any history. A season and a quarter.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He's a brilliant hockey mind. Familiar with the system. A player like himself has coach written all over the wall.

It's possible, was just curious.

If they do hire him, he should probably at least spend a year in Providence coaching there instead of going directly go Boston.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Not the last one, guaranteed.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I want see Gregory Campbell take Joe Sacco's job behind the bench next year.

That would be awesome. His dad was one of the better hockey minds too. I would love to see it happen.

But if Sweeney is still in charge we will end up with Ian Moran or Andrew Alberts or some BS like that. If only Campbell went to school in New England...

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
is anyone thinking it may yield us a decent return to look at moving debrusk? maybe in a package for 2nd pairing dman and a pick? won't need exp draft protection.... could certainly send debrusk,spooner,? to Anaheim for fowler/silfverberg

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
is anyone thinking it may yield us a decent return to look at moving debrusk? maybe in a package for 2nd pairing dman and a pick? won't need exp draft protection.... could certainly send debrusk,spooner,? to Anaheim for fowler/silfverberg

Maybe in the off-season pre-expansion draft Anaheim will consider moving out guys like Fowler or Silfverberg for packages of picks and prospects.

But right now, as long as they can manage their cap, I don't see either guy getting moved, as Anaheim like both very much and desperately want to try and win a cup this year while their Getzlaf/Perry window is open and their cap situation is manageable.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
He's a brilliant hockey mind. Familiar with the system. A player like himself has coach written all over the wall.

I don't think I agree with any of this, except possibly that he was once familiar with a system the Bruins once ran. And even if this does qualify someone to be a coach with our team, then Soupy certainly isn't anywhere near the top of the list.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I don't think we should trade for Kane, but I think as Bruins fans we should also be thankful for him for this:

Now, I'm not saying he should have hurt Cooke... but I understand.

#Savard #NeverForget

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I don't think we should trade for Kane, but I think as Bruins fans we should also be thankful for him for this:

Now, I'm not saying he should have hurt Cooke... but I understand.

#Savard #NeverForget

I never, ever wish injuries on anyone in this world but Cooke may be the only exception, the guy brings nothing and just hurts people.

I guess I am just an eye for an eye type of person.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
On ice, I like Kane's game, always have. He'll never be the elite scorer some expected him to be drafted 4th overall, doesn't have the release or the hockey sense.

But I appreciate what he can bring to the table on the ice. Like you said, he'd be more entertaining than some of the current crew no doubt.

But forget Julien for a moment. I can't picture Backes or more importantly Chara, putting up with his crap. If Chara tried to get Seguin to change his ways, who certainly isn't on Kane's level in terms of being a jerk, what chance would he have with Kane. He got some good leaders around him now in Gionta and Gorges to name a couple, doesn't seem to making much difference.

And I'm not naive enough to think all of these guys get along all the time and are the best of friends.

Really like Kane's on-ice game, but I can't get past the off-ice stuff. And the problem being, whatever team acquires him next, if it doesn't work out, your stuck with him until the contract ends, cause he's in last-chanceville right about now.

I would take both Seguin and Hamilton now on this roster.Especially since they have nothing to show for the Seguin trade.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I don't know anything about Kane's off-ice antics other than he has had some. So, my somewhat uninformed opinion is that I would consider taking a flyer on him if BUF was willing to retain 50%.

The way I see it, if he doesn't work out you can expose him in the expansion draft, and he's only signed for one more year.

Kane-Krejci-Pastrnak ?

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016
I would take both Seguin and Hamilton now on this roster.Especially since they have nothing to show for the Seguin trade.

That's not true. At least they had his cap space to sign guys like Beleskey and Jimmy Hayes.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Just for kicks, I searched for top news stories since July 4, 2013. Two things I learned:

1) The world is a depressing place if you rely on top news stories of year (Ebola, mass shooting, ISIS, Church shootings, police shootings, Zika virus, genocide, etc.,)

2) It's been a long time since Tyler Seguin was traded.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't know anything about Kane's off-ice antics other than he has had some. So, my somewhat uninformed opinion is that I would consider taking a flyer on him if BUF was willing to retain 50%.

The way I see it, if he doesn't work out you can expose him in the expansion draft, and he's only signed for one more year.

Kane-Krejci-Pastrnak ?

True, but exposure doesn't guarantee Vegas will take a problem off your hands. At least not without incentive.

It's a gamble. If Kane comes to Boston and works out, all is fine, and they'd gladly protect him.

If he comes to Boston and bombs, or worse yet, bombs and has some sort of publicized issue, now their likely stuck with him and his contract for another year, and could be buried in the AHL ala Rinaldo, except that now you have 3+ million still against your cap, in a upcoming season that Boston could potentially have cap issues already.

It's very risky. And to be honest it's not just issues away from the rink, because if it were just that it's one thing. Showing up to meeting in track suits, his comments the other week about his team to the media, is another thing altogether.

There is a worst-case scenario here I just can't past. I mean, there is no reward without risk, but man is acquiring Kane ever risky, especially if Boston has to send something of value back the other way.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
True, but exposure doesn't guarantee Vegas will take a problem off your hands. At least not without incentive.

It's a gamble. If Kane comes to Boston and works out, all is fine, and they'd gladly protect him.

If he comes to Boston and bombs, or worse yet, bombs and has some sort of publicized issue, now their likely stuck with him and his contract for another year, and could be buried in the AHL ala Rinaldo, except that now you have 3+ million still against your cap, in a upcoming season that Boston could potentially have cap issues already.

It's very risky. And to be honest it's not just issues away from the rink, because if it were just that it's one thing. Showing up to meeting in track suits, his comments the other week about his team to the media, is another thing altogether.

There is a worst-case scenario here I just can't past. I mean, there is no reward without risk, but man is acquiring Kane ever risky, especially if Boston has to send something of value back the other way.

Good points all.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

He is definitely high risk, but because of that I think the price will be low to acquire him. The Sabres were looking for D-man for him, if they would take K Miller and retain 50% salary on him, I would also throw in a couple B prospects like say Ryan Fitzgerald and Linus Arnesson see if that gets it done, if not move on, but if they say yes I take the chance, if he does not work out expose him or send him to the minors and with Buffalo paying 50% then it is not that bad of a cap hit plus we get rid of K Miller's salary.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
AZ is the team I'm currently obsessed with. Hanzal, Stone and Vrbata are all interesting rental pieces if the offense picks up between now and March and Chara is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad