Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
The need for a TOP 2 D has been known for 2 years, at the very least. And nothing had been done by Sweeney, Neely and front office. Disgusting, really.

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016
The need for a TOP 2 D has been known for 2 years, at the very least. And nothing had been done by Sweeney, Neely and front office. Disgusting, really.

Does Brandon Carlo not count? He and Chara have been a legitimate first pairing defense.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Absolutely agree. If this keeps going I predict fans will vote with their feet, as we should! Personally, I will not spend a dime at TD Gahden unless I think that the management / coaching etc team are working to improve the on ice product. At what point does Cam Neely et al start losing sleep and making some moves ffs !??!!?!!

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Does Brandon Carlo not count? He and Chara have been a legitimate first pairing defense.

Oh please..... feces sticking to the wall, that could easily slide down, doesn't count as addressing a need.
Bruins lucked out, but he's really a 3-5 now.

Twisted Tales nailed it. Soooooooooooo long overdue.

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016
Oh please..... feces sticking to the wall, that could easily slide down, doesn't count as addressing a need.
Bruins lucked out, but he's really a 3-5 now.

Twisted Tales nailed it. Soooooooooooo long overdue.

And who/where was this defenseman coming from?

I mean there's been so many top pairing defenseman that have changed teams who did we miss out on?

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
And who/where was this defenseman coming from?

I mean there's been so many top pairing defenseman that have changed teams who did we miss out on?

It doesn't matter who/where. A need is a need.
The Bruins have a need...and it hasn't been fixed.

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016

So the Bruins should just make a miracle deal for players not available? Ahh ok, I got it.

The Chara/Carlo combo has been more than good as a top pairing.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
So the Bruins should just make a miracle deal for players not available? Ahh ok, I got it.

Says the guy/gal that doesn't get it and won't be around come the end of the regular season when they don't make it or go one and out... and doesn't understand why.

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016
Says the guy/gal that doesn't get it and won't be around come the end of the regular season when they don't make it or go one and out... and doesn't understand why.

I get it. The Chara/Carlo pair is fine. The issue is McQ, Liles and Kevan in the same lineup. Make the argument they need a #4 all you want and I'll agree.

Oh that and the guys that are paid to score goals can't.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I get it. The Chara/Carlo pair is fine. The issue is McQ, Liles and Kevan in the same lineup. Make the argument they need a #4 all you want and I'll agree.

I was all aboard the we need D train but it's painfully obvious we need a few people not named Pasternak, Marchand or Backes to put the biscuit in the basket.

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016
I was all aboard the we need D train but it's painfully obvious we need a few people not named Pasternak, Marchand or Backes to put the biscuit in the basket.

People keep *****ing we need a #2 and the top pair has been very good. They need a second pair guy and their goal scorers to actually score. Bergeron, Krejci and Spooner have been awful. Backes isn't far behind and the third line has what 5 goals this year?

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
People keep *****ing we need a #2 and the top pair has been very good. They need a second pair guy and their goal scorers to actually score. Bergeron, Krejci and Spooner have been awful. Backes isn't far behind and the third line has what 5 goals this year?

220px-Jboychuk.jpg

A strong second pair guy you say?

LOL, yes it still hurts!

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH

I agree that it has been known for 2 years but disagree that nothing has been done. We have a lot of D-men, both LD and RD, with a lot of promise in the system. No one could have turned this team around in 2 years with the condition Chia left it. You can't just trade for a top D. Another team must be willing to trade that player. Then you have to have the assets they want/need before the deal gets done. This is why I keep saying, draft for need. I think with CAP that is the only way to stay in the upper end of the Conference.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Liles doesn't belong in this conversation.

He's been as advertised. Savvy vet, steady presence, versatile. Makes good break-out passes.

The other two, the sooner they are gone the better.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Sell.

Reality is slapping the Bruins in the face. Sweeney is not adding a top pairing defenseman or waiving Hayes and company.

Sell and lament the wasted years of Bergeron and Marchand. It's tiring pointing out the fixes when it's clear the demolition will be more likely.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sell.

Reality is slapping the Bruins in the face. Sweeney is not adding a top pairing defenseman or waiving Hayes and company.

Sell and lament the wasted years of Bergeron and Marchand. It's tiring pointing out the fixes when it's clear the demolition will be more likely.

It's not happening, so I don't see the point of discussing it or bringing it up here.

Not when they just signed Marchand and Backes to long-term contracts in the past 6 months.

Everyone thought Pittsburgh as dead in the water this time last year.

They need to fire Julien and Sacco, cut the dead weight in Hayes, Kevan, and McQuaid for peanuts if they have to.

Bring in a coach who will tolerate defensive mistakes by young players in exchange for something resembling an NHL offense.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
With some scoring too!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I agree that it has been known for 2 years but disagree that nothing has been done. We have a lot of D-men, both LD and RD, with a lot of promise in the system. No one could have turned this team around in 2 years with the condition Chia left it. You can't just trade for a top D. Another team must be willing to trade that player. Then you have to have the assets they want/need before the deal gets done. This is why I keep saying, draft for need. I think with CAP that is the only way to stay in the upper end of the Conference.

IF, IF the Broons picked better during Chia's tenure I believe that we wouldn't be in this mess. Drafting for need wasn't even neccsary (although I would've been okay with it). Donnie did that for a few years now but it's still going to take a few more years for them to develop enough to come up and make a positive difference. A "hockey Trade" is NEEDEDl

YES, and 2.5 years after trading Johnny Boychuk we're STILL waiting for a hockey trade to take place and close the hole(s).

Sarcasm aside, they seem to really be asleep at the wheel. No coaching change, NO BENCHING bums like Hayes it all comes down to a lack of commitment to the job by the front office. Hockey trades aren't miracles, maybe you've heard there have been hundreds of them in the last 80 years or so in the NHL.
Whereas a miracle is someone (after 5 years) pulling out of a coma at the eleventh hour, sitting up and eating a burger.

But now they're short handed again and apparently have no answers except for Kevan Miller?!?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad