Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - MOD Warning post 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
This Johansen for Jones trade really reinforces my belief that Sweeney should have held out for a better return for Hamilton. I'd much rather have a Johansen or Jones type than the picks Sweeney received from Calgary. Gadreau would've made a great Bruin.

Harmonic Drouin looking for new homes, both teams haven't budged.

When the trade was announced I thought for sure the bruins were getting bennett at least.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This Johansen for Jones trade really reinforces my belief that Sweeney should have held out for a better return for Hamilton. I'd much rather have a Johansen or Jones type than the picks Sweeney received from Calgary. Gadreau would've made a great Bruin.

Harmonic Drouin looking for new homes, both teams haven't budged.

That's extremely unfair given that Jones couldn't have been stolen next week for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I'm happy with the players they took with the picks they got for him.

Edit: let me put it another way. Would you give Pasta+ for Vatanen when you can just give him an offersheet?

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
Reeeally hoping Montreal won't get Drouin.

I'm really hoping the Bruins are trying to get in on Drouin

I think the chance to add a player with his talent and upside is one they have to explore

I'd be happy giving up Spooner in the deal and sliding Drouin into that 3rd line center spot......maybe Spooner, K. Miller, Khokhlachev, Arnesson and one of our 1st round picks? Is that enough to get it done?

The thing is - right now the Bruins have the draft picks available to sweeten a deal if necessary

I'd then put Pastrnak on that 3rd line with Drouin and hope they blossom together which would give you a future pairing that could be dynamite on one of your top two lines.....hell, imagine the speed and play making 3 or 4 years from now if you have a line of Pastrnak-Drouin-Senyshyn

In the present, you could roll out:

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson
Vatrano-Drouin-Pastrnak
Rinaldo-Talbot-Hayes-Ferraro-Randell-Kemppainen

I would hope to god that Sweeney/Neely are at least exploring this and seeing what it would take to acquire Drouin

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
When the trade was announced I thought for sure the bruins were getting bennett at least.

I did too because I was listening to The Sports Hub that day, and they were taking calls before the return was announced. The hosts were guessing as were the the callers. They were saying that the B's were getting two 1st rounders PLUS Johnny G, and etc etc etc...
So our hopes were sky high but, I'm not complaining. If the Bruins got Edmontons second and Darnell Nurse I would have been fine with that but for once in his life Chia stood his ground so DS did what he had to do.

Hoping that IF they do, they overpay wildly!:naughty:

I'll admit that the fact that EDM didn't get Jones makes me giggle in evil delight.

:laugh:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What does Montreal have to offer to get Druin? They have crap for prospects and I doubt they want to move someone off the roster.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I'm really hoping the Bruins are trying to get in on Drouin

I think the chance to add a player with his talent and upside is one they have to explore

I'd be happy giving up Spooner in the deal and sliding Drouin into that 3rd line center spot......maybe Spooner, K. Miller, Khokhlachev, Arnesson and one of our 1st round picks? Is that enough to get it done?

The thing is - right now the Bruins have the draft picks available to sweeten a deal if necessary

I'd then put Pastrnak on that 3rd line with Drouin and hope they blossom together which would give you a future pairing that could be dynamite on one of your top two lines.....hell, imagine the speed and play making 3 or 4 years from now if you have a line of Pastrnak-Drouin-Senyshyn

In the present, you could roll out:

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson
Vatrano-Drouin-Pastrnak
Rinaldo-Talbot-Hayes-Ferraro-Randell-Kemppainen

I would hope to god that Sweeney/Neely are at least exploring this and seeing what it would take to acquire Drouin

Drouin is a winger. I thought he was a C too but hes a winger.

to those talking MTL, I don't think 1) they have assets it will take/give up, and 2) Tampa would be silly to trade in the division/i dont think they will.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm thinking Columbus might be needing a point producing center now and might have a mean to spare. I'm also thinking they might be ready to give up this season and start tanking for picks.

My big proposal that no one will like

Ryan spooner
Brian Connolly
San Jose first
Joe morrow

For
Jack Johnson
Kerry Rychel
Cameron atkinson

I'm not sure Jack Johnson would play well on right side but seidenberg can make the change. Atkinson is undersized but shows more heart than Connolly/Hayes. We need only one of Connolly/Hayes. Picking up rychel could protect us if merchants asking price on his next contract gets too crazy.

I like certain aspects of spooner and Connolly game but both are buried too deep on our depth chart. I don't like either for the 3rd or 4th line as much as I like Atkinson and Rachel there. Getting a 20-22min per night second pair mean as strong as Johnson makes us a threat to come out of the east imo. I hate dealing the first rounder but Colombia looks like a team willing to make moves and I think there opportunity here.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm thinking Columbus might be needing a point producing center now and might have a mean to spare. I'm also thinking they might be ready to give up this season and start tanking for picks.

Ryan spooner
Brian Connolly
San Jose first
Joe morrow

For
Jack Johnson
Kerry Rychel
Cameron atkinson

I'm not sure Jack Johnson would play well on right side but seidenberg can make the change. Atkinson is undersized but shows more heart than Connolly/Hayes. We need only one of Connolly/Hayes. Picking up rychel could protect us if merchants asking price on his next contract gets too crazy.

I like certain aspects of spooner and Connolly game but both are buried too deep on our depth chart. I don't like either for the 3rd or 4th line as much as I like Atkinson and Rachel there. Getting a 20-22min per night second pair mean as strong as Johnson makes us a threat to come out of the east imo. I hate dealing the first rounder but Colombia looks like a team willing to make moves and I think there opportunity here.

Absolutely not. Wouldn't want to give up the SJ 1st alone for all of that with how the Sharks currently are. At the draft Sweeney would get crucified if he traded a top 5/10 pick for that return.

Who then becomes you're 3rd line center? Koko/Kemp/Ferraro? Boston loses a key piece that makes their PP one of the best who's making very little the next year.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

Ryan spooner
Brian Connolly
San Jose first
Joe morrow

For
Jack Johnson
Kerry Rychel
Cameron atkinson

Too much. JJ isnt special, Rychel is an unknown quantity and Atkinson is made of glass. That SJ is a lottery pick right now. No way. Im sick of Boston being on the **** side of a trade. I dont even know who Brian Connolly is, only Brett.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

Ryan spooner
Brian Connolly
San Jose first
Joe morrow

For
Jack Johnson
Kerry Rychel
Cameron atkinson

No one wil like because even you know its terrible.

Spooner alone is better than any of those guys.

Im all for trading for Rychel, but only for Morrow/other prospects.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I really don't get all the hype over Drouin. It's not that he does look like the next Tyler Seguin. Guess a team will badly regret overpaying for his service.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I really don't get all the hype over Drouin. It's not that he does look like the next Tyler Seguin. Guess a team will badly regret overpaying for his service.

Its cos he was a first rounder. Thats it. unproven, yet some people are ready to mortgage the farm for him. Guess what peeps, Brett Connolly was 6th overall in his draft!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would not give up that much for Drouin, if he could be had fairly cheap for say Koko and Morrow sure roll the dice, but I don't think this guy will ever live up to the hype same as Connolly, put up big numbers in junior, but won't do it at the pro level.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Its cos he was a first rounder. Thats it. unproven, yet some people are ready to mortgage the farm for him. Guess what peeps, Brett Connolly was 6th overall in his draft!

Come on man. You and I both know that if they were picked top 6 in the draft, they are automatically studs that we should trade krejci and marchand for in a package.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I'm not so sure Drouin is even healthy, and potentially even has some sort of long term thing he or the Bolts may be hiding. He played something like 10 games at the start of the year, then goes out for 5-6 with some LBI they don't explain. Then he plays 4-6 games if I recall, and goes on the shelf again with an LBI they don't explain (and misses another 8). Then he comes back again for only a few games and then again sits with another weird LBI.

At this point the thing you really need to worry about is Drouin's mental health too. It makes SENSE for him to be conditioning in Syracuse with this injury pattern he's had. That he complains about that at the age of 20 is a HUGE red flag. That's Hamilton 2.0 or worse. I'd stay far away myself, unless the asking price is something you're ok gambling away.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Luke Schenn was the 5th pick first round:amazed:

Some fans here would never admit it, but the B`s are far from the first team who`s made drafting blunders

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm not so sure Drouin is even healthy, and potentially even has some sort of long term thing he or the Bolts may be hiding. He played something like 10 games at the start of the year, then goes out for 5-6 with some LBI they don't explain. Then he plays 4-6 games if I recall, and goes on the shelf again with an LBI they don't explain (and misses another 8). Then he comes back again for only a few games and then again sits with another weird LBI.

At this point the thing you really need to worry about is Drouin's mental health too. It makes SENSE for him to be conditioning in Syracuse with this injury pattern he's had. That he complains about that at the age of 20 is a HUGE red flag. That's Hamilton 2.0 or worse. I'd stay far away myself, unless the asking price is something you're ok gambling away.

I`d be wary of him simply as Alan Walsh is his agent;)

In all honesty, he`s a great kid when I met him many times as season tix holders here in Halifax are often included in Mooseheads events. Talent to burn, hoping that Walsh whispering in his ear how great he is and will be hasn`t gotten to him and I too would be more than a bit concerned about him being able to stay healthy

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

What odds if they do?

Right now he's just another former 1st round pick who hasn't cut the mustard at the NHL level and is currently back in the AHL while his draft contemporaries are contributing for their NHL teams.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Ryan spooner
Brian Connolly
San Jose first
Joe morrow

For
Jack Johnson
Kerry Rychel
Cameron atkinson

How again does getting Rychel protect the Bruins if Marchand wants too much?

One guy is a star NHL winger.

The other is wallowing in the AHL almost 3 years since being a 1st round pick.

This deal is a tremendous over-payment by the Bruins. Basically a package of picks and NHL caliber young players for a couple of JAGs in Johnson and Atkinson, and a looks-like-a-bust in Rychel.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
No ****ing way the Bruins trade Krejci, look at this team's record without him. He's what drives this offence and they can't afford to be without him.

I know they need a dman, but not at his expense.

They aren't cup contenders with or without him. If it helps the Bruins rebuild, then he has to go, just like anyone on this team.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
How again does getting Rychel protect the Bruins if Marchand wants too much?

One guy is a star NHL winger.

The other is wallowing in the AHL almost 3 years since being a 1st round pick.

This deal is a tremendous over-payment by the Bruins. Basically a package of picks and NHL caliber young players for a couple of JAGs in Johnson and Atkinson, and a looks-like-a-bust in Rychel.

I wouldn't call Rychel a bust and wouldn't even hate him on the Bruins. He's 21, hasn't been completely terrible in his NHL games to date and is currently PPG in the AHL this year. I don't understand this notion where if someone isn't a top 6 player by their low 20's they're a bust. Pastrnak is the exception, not the rule.

Now that said, that trade is ****ing horrendous, but that isn't a knock on Rychel as a player. It's just Columbus is getting at worst the best asset in the deal, and 4 of the top 5. Johnson is highly overrated in my eyes and Murray is the defenseman you would want out of Columbus, but he has had quite the injury history so far.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
jack Johnson and cam Atkinson are Incredibly overrated here and I don't want them on the Bruins

I also don't know who Brian Connolly is

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
why is Ryan Spooner being included in any proposals?? That seems like a step backward. Kid is only 24, and is putting up points as a solid third line option.

Maybe something like this would make the lineup better & deeper, without damaging the future too much;
Koko & Morrow for Jack Johnson, and
Connolly and the Bruins 1st for Drew Stafford

Lineup;
Eriksson-Krejci-Pastranak
Marchand-Bergeron-Stafford
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kemp-Ferraro
Randell

Chara-Seids
Krug-McQuaid
Johnson-C.Miller
K.Miller

Rask
Gus

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Connolly and the Bruins 1st for Drew Stafford

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:cry::cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad