Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - MOD Warning post 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Are you suggesting Krejci is worth less than Johansen?

Remember when Johansen got hurt when the Jackets were up 3-0 in the playoffs only to lose 4 straight when he got hurt, and then he led the league in playoff scoring on the way to a cup run?

Me either.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
That's a good trade for both teams but I love it for Nashville. Jones was expendable with Weber and Josi there. They actually have a #1C now. They're definitely a Stanley Cup threat. Two of the best dmen in the league, a top 5 goalie, offensive #1C. They'll be fun to watch.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Remember when Johansen got hurt when the Jackets were up 3-0 in the playoffs only to lose 4 straight when he got hurt, and then he led the league in playoff scoring on the way to a cup run?

Me either.

Yeah they were busy getting swept the first half of the series :laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That's a good trade for both teams but I love it for Nashville. Jones was expendable with Weber and Josi there. They actually have a #1C now. They're definitely a Stanley Cup threat. Two of the best dmen in the league, a top 5 goalie, offensive #1C. They'll be fun to watch.

I live in Nashville, so I get to see quite a few of their games. They are fun to watch. I'm curious who they'll play Johansen with. Hopefully Forsberg. :D

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I live in Nashville, so I get to see quite a few of their games. They are fun to watch. I'm curious who they'll play Johansen with. Hopefully Forsberg. :D

I imagine tickets are fairly cheap there...Id have no problem going to see them play often. Would be fun.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Are you suggesting Krejci is worth less than Johansen?

I don't think that's the point.

Krejci wasn't getting Jones.

This was a team in desperate need for a No.1 C. A No.1 C of a comparable age to Jones was available in Johansen.

CBJ was a team desperate for a young potential No.1 D. A young potential No.1 D was available in Jones.

Perfect match.

If Krejci was say 22 and not pushing 30 than I'd say yeah he could of gotten Jones.

Krejci at almost 30 wasn't going convince Nashville to part with Jones. Even if right now he is the better player than Johansen.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't think that's the point.

Krejci wasn't getting Jones.

This was a team in desperate need for a No.1 C. A No.1 C of a comparable age to Jones was available in Johansen.

AntCBJ was a team desperate for a young potential No.1 D. A young potential No.1 D was available in Jones.

Perfect match.

If Krejci was say 22 and not pushing 30 than I'd say yeah he could of gotten Jones.

Krejci at almost 30 wasn't going convince Nashville to part with Jones. Even if right now he is the better player than Johansen.

I don't know. I think obviously Johansen makes sense if they are thinking long term, but a healthy DK, IMO gives them a better shot at the cup in the next 2-3 years.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't know. I think obviously Johansen makes sense if they are thinking long term, but a healthy DK, IMO gives them a better shot at the cup in the next 2-3 years.

A healthy DK likely does give them a better shot at a cup in the next 2-3 years.

Problem being he certainly is gaining a reputation as a bit injury prone. It's getting pretty tough to count on a healthy Krejci.

I can't see Nashville moving Jones without the key piece coming back being a long-term piece.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
We should be sellers at the deadline.

WSH got better, LA got better, NAS got better.

No way we make the semi's never mind the Cup.

Build assets for the future is the way to go right now.:yo:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
CBJ got hosed, just my opinion.

Johansen had problems in Columbus and now with Jones they have one of the best potential top3D groups.

Werenski, Jones, Murray, from weakness to strenght, and they'll get a top5 pick and Kekalainen goes for forward and gets an elite prospect without problems on ELC.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
I think it's a good trade for Columbus and Nashville. Need for need. As far as Krejci is concerned, why would he waive his NTC? He's been pretty successful here in Boston, I doubt 1.5 down seasons are going to change his mind on that. We can be as down and hateful of the team as we want, we have nothing to lose either way.
But I'm sure in that locker room they aren't quitting. They have lives and families in Boston, why would he agree to a trade 3 months into his new contract?

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Johansen had problems in Columbus and now with Jones they have one of the best potential top3D groups.

Werenski, Jones, Murray, from weakness to strenght, and they'll get a top5 pick and Kekalainen goes for forward and gets an elite prospect without problems on ELC.

I think Nash sold Jones at the right time. Johansen is going to be a much better player.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014

Did you just confuse yourself with that?

Without Jones they still would have that. With Jones they tank?

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
No ****ing way the Bruins trade Krejci, look at this team's record without him. He's what drives this offence and they can't afford to be without him.

I know they need a dman, but not at his expense.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This Johansen for Jones trade really reinforces my belief that Sweeney should have held out for a better return for Hamilton. I'd much rather have a Johansen or Jones type than the picks Sweeney received from Calgary. Gadreau would've made a great Bruin.

Harmonic Drouin looking for new homes, both teams haven't budged.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
No ****ing way the Bruins trade Krejci, look at this team's record without him. He's what drives this offence and they can't afford to be without him.

I know they need a dman, but not at his expense.

:nod: Yessir.

Nashville should have jumped at that if it was ever offered. Would do them wonders.

But I'd be livid if the Bruins offered it. Krejci is too important to this team.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
This Johansen for Jones trade really reinforces my belief that Sweeney should have held out for a better return for Hamilton. I'd much rather have a Johansen or Jones type than the picks Sweeney received from Calgary. Gadreau would've made a great Bruin.

Good point. Sweeney was put in a tough spot-- likely by Chiarelli working back channels with Dougie and threatening offer sheets-- but a little more patience-- and shopping him more widely-- probably would have gotten a stronger return.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Did you just confuse yourself with that?

Without Jones they still would have that. With Jones they tank?

They are a worse team with Jones this year, it should quarantee them a elite prospect and their D core is now

Werenski-Jones
Murray, that's damm impressive,
and my thought in this is that this U20 tournament sealed the deal for kekalainen, he prefers the forward talent over the D-talent and is going to get a top5 pick(very likely), those top forwards are also NHL ready/close to and he doesn't have to wait for too many years for their potential impact.

So rather Jones+top3 forward pick than problematic Johansen+D- prospect.

I think Nash sold Jones at the right time. Johansen is going to be a much better player.

I realy like the trade for both teams, both got what they wanted and both teams set up their future nicely.

Yeah when you write it like that, yiks.
But the potential in our trade is still huge, but also there's a lot higher bust potential.

Oh you beauty :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad