Boxing: All boxing discussion

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not arguing that he trained his hardest. He clearly didn't give a shit. Not sure if it's him underestimating Paul or he truly just didn't care about the embarrassment of losing.

Not sure what part about the KO looks rigged to you. You think he let himself get hit like that? He got caught with a clean shot and went down hard.

Considering this joke of an event that this boxing match happened in, I find that to be a more believable explanation than an elite MMA fighter not knowing how to defend himself against some pretty basic strikes from Jake Paul.

Askren isn't a good boxer, but he knows how to do it. You don't get as far as he does in the MMA world by being a trashcan boxer.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Considering this joke of an event that this boxing match happened in, I find that to be a more believable explanation than an elite MMA fighter not knowing how to defend himself against some pretty basic strikes from Jake Paul.

Askren isn't a good boxer, but he knows how to do it. You don't get as far as he does in the MMA world by being a trashcan boxer.
So your answer is yes, you believe Askren let himself get clocked like that.

Guy hasn't done anything impressive in MMA since 2017. He didn't give a shit about training for this fight, had hip surgery, and was a shit striker to begin with.

He took the money, didn't train, and got embarrassed. I don't really get the conspiracy stuff.

Reactions: DaaaaB's and max21

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
So your answer is yes, you believe Askren let himself get clocked like that.

Guy hasn't done anything impressive in MMA since 2017. He didn't give a shit about training for this fight, had hip surgery, and was a shit striker to begin with.

He took the money, didn't train, and got embarrassed. I don't really get the conspiracy stuff.

That wasn't even a solid strike. If you look at where Askren got hit, it was to the side of the face, not the chin. That should not have put him out.

Again, Askren being a shit boxer has nothing to do with his inability to defend himself. He's an elite MMA fighter or not far from it. He knows how to defend himself, even against great boxers, which is a category Jake Paul isn't even close to. The fact that Askren's last fight was 18 months ago is irrelevant. On muscle memory alone and looking like a slob, he still should have been able to stifle all of Paul's offense if he wanted to. You don't think he's ever faced a 1-2 combination like that in any of his MMA fights?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
That wasn't even a solid strike. If you look at where Askren got hit, it was to the side of the face, not the chin. That should not have put him out.

Again, Askren being a shit boxer has nothing to do with his inability to defend himself. He's an elite MMA fighter or not far from it. He knows how to defend himself, even against great boxers, which is a category Jake Paul isn't even close to. The fact that Askren's last fight was 18 months ago is irrelevant. On muscle memory alone and looking like a slob, he still should have been able to stifle all of Paul's offense if he wanted to. You don't think he's ever faced a 1-2 combination like that in any of his MMA fights?
Didn't look like a glancing blow to me or anything close. You know all those regular boxers who get knocked out, they know how to defend themselves, too. It happens, and your explanations don't hold much water.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
I don’t remember the last time I cringed so hard when I saw Paul celebrate and cry in the ring as if he just had won a World title or something.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

I had to quit watching halfway through because I couldn't listen to that clown spew any more crap or listen to Max kiss his ass like the hack reporter that he's become.

He's proven himself? Uh no, he hasn't even beat a semi legit boxer yet.

He's not good for the sport either. Mike Tyson is a crackhead and Oscar was clearly drunk that night so I don't care what they say. I guarantee that none of his fans watched the Ruiz fight last weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I had to quit watching halfway through because I couldn't listen to that clown spew any more crap or listen to Max kiss his ass like the hack reporter that he's become.

He's proven himself? Uh no, he hasn't even beat a semi legit boxer yet.

He's not good for the sport either. Mike Tyson is a crackhead and Oscar was clearly drunk that night so I don't care what they say. I guarantee that none of his fans watched the Ruiz fight last weekend.
Jake Paul won't fight a real boxer, because he is only in it for the money.

Jake Paul vs. 20th ranked Light Heavyweight wouldn't make the same type of money as he is making fighting non-boxers.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Technically nobody "wins" this fight. No judges, no official decision. Exhibition.

No. Midnight.
Unless someone gets KO’d. Which is what everyone wants but I doubt we’ll get.

And midnight EST?

Sep 19, 2008
The 4 rounds were pretty close. Chad gave it a good start but Maxwell clocked him in the 4th for the only knock down.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Are there no fans at this event or am I watching a stream of something else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad