Boxing: All boxing discussion

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
My stream died again in the 7th and I don’t care. How boring.

Kiwe

Oct 7, 2019
It's a huge weight and height difference, there's a reason why it's very strict in most boxing and fighting in general... it would be hard for Mayweather to knock him out without risking getting knocked out by a lucky punch by the heavier fighter.

Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Exactly what it was billed as - an exhibition.
Mayweather's interview seemed pretty genuine.: it was fun, and was good to get back out there and to see Logan take it seriously, and allow him (Floyd) the chance to get back into the game.

Mayweather out scored him and definitely was using his stamina and small size to tire Logan, but honestly, I think Logan held is own well enough for what it was.

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I kind of agree with what Paul said after the fight and am wondering if Floyd let him survive for some reason. I know Floyd was never a knockout artist but the differential in speed and skill was still apparent and I don't believe that Floyd couldn't have pieced him up fairly easily, especially after the 5th when Logan started to get tired. Maybe it's just an abundance of caution on Floyd's part though.

Regardless, I get the feeling the whole Paul brothers in combat sports fad may be starting to wane and I did not feel that way after the Askren fight. At least you got a KO there and got to laugh at Ben Askren. This was just a whole lot of meh.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I kind of agree with what Paul said after the fight and am wondering if Floyd let him survive for some reason. I know Floyd was never a knockout artist but the differential in speed and skill was still apparent and I don't believe that Floyd couldn't have pieced him up fairly easily, especially after the 5th when Logan started to get tired. Maybe it's just an abundance of caution on Floyd's part though.

Regardless, I get the feeling the whole Paul brothers in combat sports fad may be starting to wane and I did not feel that way after the Askren fight. At least you got a KO there and got to laugh at Ben Askren. This was just a whole lot of meh.
So it was a stereotypical Floyd Mayweather boxing match?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Be interesting to see how Woodley does against Jake.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Logan is so much more likable than his brother. I didn’t think it was a terrible product tbh

Is this the same Logan Paul who travelled all the way to Japan to assault passersby and film people who had recently committed suicide? If anything he's likeable enough to be sorry that he himself is not dead yet.

Reactions: Plural
Sep 19, 2008
Is this the same Logan Paul who travelled all the way to Japan to assault passersby and film people who had recently committed suicide? If anything he's likeable enough to be sorry that he himself is not dead yet.
He apologized for this and said boxing helped rebound from a tough time in his life after he filmed that

Reactions: max21

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Just watch highlights and looked like I didn’t much. Never got the appeal for the Paul brothers. Sadly most people do for some reason and continue to make idiots like the Paul brothers rich. It’s all a scam.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
unknown.png

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Exactly what it was billed as - an exhibition.
Mayweather's interview seemed pretty genuine.: it was fun, and was good to get back out there and to see Logan take it seriously, and allow him (Floyd) the chance to get back into the game.

Mayweather out scored him and definitely was using his stamina and small size to tire Logan, but honestly, I think Logan held is own well enough for what it was.

this. even a day or two before when Mayweather was interviewed by the promotion and he laid it out that this is an exhibition and he was just there to have fun and rob the bank. He wasn't taking it seriously and only training a few times a week for it. all in his own words. anyone that thought they were going to see prime mayweather come out and KO paul were overthinking this. It was nothing but an exhibition/spectacle and nothing more. there was nothing on the line for Floyd. win or lose he was still getting the same pay, his professional record would not be jeopardized. He was just there to mess around, provide entertainment, have some fun and rob the bank.

If somehow Jake beats woodley get ready for Mayweather vs. Jake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad