Boxing: All boxing discussion

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Do you guys think it's worth it to get a DAZN subscription for one month ($20) and then just cancel it? Debating just doing that, but wonder if you guys think there will be some decent streams out for this one.

Reactions: Dialamo

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Obviously it depends on how much boxing you want to watch, but i think that getting the yearly sub is worth it. There are good fights on Dazn every month.

I would guess you could find good streams.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Who's ready for the Snickers man to put Joshua to sleep with his nougat powered right hand?

Do you guys think it's worth it to get a DAZN subscription for one month ($20) and then just cancel it? Debating just doing that, but wonder if you guys think there will be some decent streams out for this one.
It's worth it for sure. There's usually good streams available but you avoid a headache in case there's no quality ones available at the time of the fight.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Who's ready for the Snickers man to put Joshua to sleep with his nougat powered right hand?

It's worth it for sure. There's usually good streams available but you avoid a headache in case there's no quality ones available at the time of the fight.

Yea to be honest, I agree. It's actually pretty cheap and if you can unsubscribe without any issue/fee, then hell yea.

Hopefully my Joshua bet can pay for it!

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Anyone interested in David Lemieux' fight tonight. Well, the whole fighting match-ups at the Bell Center. (I rarely watch boxing but it caught my attention, Like Bute and Pascal used to).

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
What's everyone's predictions on Ruiz/Joshua? I see a tight contest with AJ trying to keep a distance which eventually goes in his favor with a UD victory.

member 51464

Ruiz just seemed so cliche in how he handled the unexpected success last time out. Came in fatter, and had nothing for Joshua.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Any future Ruiz preparation needs to involve cutting off the ring. His hands are quick as f*** but it don’t matter if someone fights like AJ did tonight and boxes his ass off. Fury would eat him alive.
Funny enough, I think that Ruiz would have a better shot against Wilder than AJ does.

quickeyg

Nov 16, 2018
United Kingdom
Let the games begin once again fight fans. The build up and fight will be EPIC. Dudes be prepared get that extra EXTRA food & drink for the grand occasion - invite ya friends, family & neighbours
round. Will you be nervous? Who is gonna win and how?
February 22nd
MGM Grand, Las Vegas

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 2
TV Sat - Fox PPV (USA)

Last edited by a moderator:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I wonder if this German has a lucky punch in him. He has lost every round, is slow, and has no answer for Plant's reach advantage. But he's not going away. Poor SOB is going to be sore in the morning.

Ref finally mercifully calls a halt.

Last edited:

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Fury won the first fight. I’d be surprised if Wilder doesn’t win this one. Either he gets his man like he usually does or that eye opens up and is a game changer.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
For those who are looking for details on the upcoming match, this link is informative:'

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 2: Time, fight card, odds, TV, how to watch live stream online with ESPN+ or FOX Sports PPV
'
In one of the most highly-anticipated boxing events of the the new year, the two best heavyweights in the world will square off again in a title fight rematch with WBC world title holder Deontay Wilder (42-0-1, 41 knockouts) squaring off against lineal title holder Tyson Fury (29-0-1, 20 knockouts) in the finale of a four fight main card taking place on Saturday, February 22, with the action starting at 6 p.m. PT/9 p.m. ETwith live coverage direct from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

HOW TO WATCH
What: Wilder vs. Fury II
When: Saturday, February 22 at 6 p.m. PT/9 p.m. ET
Where: MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

TV Channel: Main event fight is not available on regular TV packages, only as a joint broadcast event held by Fox Sports and ESPN+ as a Pay Per View package in the USA.
Watch Wilder vs. Fury II streaming online with PPV: There are three ways you can most easily watch the fight online or streaming through an app on your television. The price for the fight alone is the same on every platform ($79.99), but there are some promotional offers you can also pick up as add ons with the following options, so we’ll explain.
  1. ESPN Plus: You can watch the fight through the ESPN app on your phone, tablet, smart TV or regular TV paired with a Roku, Apple TV or any other streaming device. To watch the fight with ESPN+, you will need to have an ESPN+ account. If you already have an ESPN+ account, you can watch a live stream of the fight for $79.99 on ESPN+. If you don’t have an account with them already, you can get a bundle package of the Fury vs. Wilder II fight and one month of access to the ESPN+ streaming service for $84.98. This is a great option if you haven’t heard of ESPN+ and what it offers and want to try out. Here’s a rundown of what ESPN Plus offers and what you need to know to get ESPN+ on your home TV.
  2. FOX: If you prefer to do it this way, you can also watch the fight on FOX Sports PPV and then stream the fight live through the FOX Sports App on any streaming device just like with the process described above with ESPN Plus.
  3. Sling TV: If you have Sling TV as a service provider, you don’t have to sign up for an extra account. You can just purchase and watch the fight through Sling TV for $79.99 as a one-time fee.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Fury is 17 pounds heavier than the first fight, and much heavier than his last fight. Wilder was also 17 pounds heavier than their first bout. I don't think this bodes well for Fury. You don't add quality weight in that short an amount of time. It's not gonna make a noticeable difference in power but it almost certainly will in speed, and I'm afraid that'll be his doom.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This is gonna be a big fight. Good for the sport. A lot of eyes on this one so I hope both guys bring it tonight.

Yeah, what brought me to boxing was the heavyweight division.
No offense to the other weight classes but you got the biggest of the names in boxing at that time.

member 51464

Anyone else a bit sad about the rematch? The first one was so classic with Fury outboxing Wilder outside of the knockdowns and the amazing Lazarus moment coming back from the dead. There was something somehow fitting about it being a draw.

Anyway, looking at the weights they are coming in and all, I will guess with Fury wins by knockout within the first 3, or Wilder knocks Fury out before the end of the 6th. I can't see this one going the distance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad