ALL BLOUSE TALK HERE - All The Cool Kids Call Jerseys Blouses - Part Nine

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
View attachment 463813 View attachment 463814
Those who know me know that I'm not a Knockoff Jersey guy... but damn this is an excellent one. Don't get me wrong, if you know Flyers Jerseys, you know it's fake by the Customization... but for the sheen on it, you'd have to look close and compare it to a real Reverse-Retro Flyers Jersey though.

For $60 I just couldn't pass it up; I've wanted to get a RR for a while now. I really wanted a Couturier one, but to be honest, it didn't look good at all... I believe it was the long nameplate, as opposed to the Hayes short one... it was honestly like day and night, with Hayes being so good and Coots being so bad.

What do you guys think... I can take it... but please do be kind. Haha
giphy.webp

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Okay... okay... Besides the sheen on the Customization, what do you guys see wrong with it?

It really looks better in person, and off the hanger. I've seen many bad Knockoffs, and this one's not in that class... As I said, I'm not a Knockoff person by any means, but this one's definitely wearable... it's no Authentic by any means; not claiming that... It would have to have been a decent product for me to buy one... Was I wrong?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Okay... okay... Besides the sheen on the Customization, what do you guys see wrong with it?

It really looks better in person, and off the hanger. I've seen many bad Knockoffs, and this one's not in that class... As I said, I'm not a Knockoff person by any means, but this one's definitely wearable... it's no Authentic by any means; not claiming that... It would have to have been a decent product for me to buy one... Was I wrong?
For at least CDP it’s the player not the jersey.
At a quick glance I didn’t notice anything wrong with it bud.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
For at least CDP it’s the player not the jersey.
At a quick glance I didn’t notice anything wrong with it bud.

Oh, okay... thanks.

FWIW Hayes had a very good season the one before last, and early on 2021 season he had a core muscle injury which could have greatly hampered him in areas where he played his best hockey... his PK play as well puck possession game suffered, leaving him a shell of what he normally was, as his talents were basically gone. Should he have shut it down for the season and had surgery? Maybe so... but who was that on really... whose call?

I understand his outgoing personality turns some fans off... that being the case, the core injury was irrelevant. I personally like him as a player and his personality is not a problem... how the organization sees him and chooses to place him is also fine; let's see how he and the team plays this coming season with him on the mend, and with new players... and go from there.
JMO

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

No, you were not wrong. It looks good. Relax lol

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
No, you were not wrong. It looks good. Relax lol

Thanks... Many years back, when the Flyers first went to their current home orange jerseys, I foolishly bought a Carter bootleg Knockoff at the Lady of Mount Carmel Festival in Hammonton... Not ever seeing a legit one yet, I thought it looked pretty good; when I got home and tried it on, it looked like a dress... very loooong. Since that time I've learned quite a lot about what to look for, and what to avoid; I haven't been taken since... but I am still a tad paranoid about knockoffs. LOL

FWIW, this one is from a seemingly reputable permanent shop... not ever really trying to pass them off as legit... just never bringing it up.

P.S. - TBH until I saw this one, I've been really negative about knockoffs, and you might even say I've been acting above it all with them... Whodathunkit?

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
View attachment 463813 View attachment 463814
Those who know me know that I'm not a Knockoff Jersey guy... but damn this is an excellent one. Don't get me wrong, if you know Flyers Jerseys, you know it's fake by the Customization... but for the sheen on it, you'd have to look close and compare it to a real Reverse-Retro Flyers Jersey though.

For $60 I just couldn't pass it up; I've wanted to get a RR for a while now. I really wanted a Couturier one, but to be honest, it didn't look good at all... I believe it was the long nameplate, as opposed to the Hayes short one... it was honestly like day and night, with Hayes being so good and Coots being so bad.

What do you guys think... I can take it... but please do be kind. Haha

Sorry to reply to my own post... just wanted to follow up on the bootleg; after observing the legitimate jerseys, the tell tale point clearly falls on the rear numbering (along with the sheen) the real ones have a noticeably larger white border... With such a good following to detail on the rest, I wonder how they missed so badly on the width of the border. I can understand the sheen being probably a cost thing... but duplicating the border you'd think would be easy... Still a real decent fake though. FWIW

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
The fact it took me four pages to find this thread is disappointing. I just recently moved from a condo to a house and finally have the room (and a very understanding wife) to have a dedicated Flyers man-cave to showcase my jerseys. That will come in due time but for now would love to share some from my collection and hopefully see some others post photos of theirs!

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Anybody know where I can find a Flyers reverse retro jersey for purchase for a Christmas gift? Seems like the WFC is out of them.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
@Starat327

Not the worn ones and I’m also not sure if they’re MIC or not but...

I appreciate you keeping me in mind for this. Much thanks.

MacEwan being higher than Sanheim is the most Flyers fanbase thing I've ever seen. I f***ing hate this city.

Reactions: SnS and Lord Defect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad