GDT: All Aboard the Positive Train! Rangers @ Your New Jersey Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Sure makes it hard after a game like last night to have to consider trading either Stempniack or Shelmenko even if we don't make the playoffs. For me it feels like both players belong here.

Last edited:

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
there were a lot of complaints how they didn't have any poweplay and I said to them that a week or so back when NJ was at MSG they either didn't get a PP and now my post is deleted. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Sure makes it hard after a game like last night to have to consider trading either Stempniack or Shelmenko even if we don't make the playoffs. For me it feels like both players belong here.

So we pull these two off the scrap heap, they become integral parts of the team, and we should trade them? Not certain of your position exactly but I know which way I see it. I don't see how trading them makes any sense barring a ridiculous overpayment by someone and it's not like we can't afford to re-sign them.

And regarding Cammy, how is it that people think he's tradable right now? Who knows if/when he can even play again.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
at this point I am down for whatever Shero does

if he gets good deals for any of the pending UFAs, pull the trigger. you can always tell them there is a spot and decent contract waiting for them again in July. Maybe they will come back?

if he wants to sit tight, I am fine with that

if he wants to trade FOR a player, I am fine with it too...barring that player is a young player that can help this team beyond this year (IE not a rental)

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

I feel the same way

Barring an offer Shero can't refuse I'd rather re-sign them

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I would definitely re-sign Schlemko and Stempniak Schlemko is a great 6,7 D and Stempniak could be right wing on any of the top three lines. We would still be in need of a top six winger or center in the off-season anyway.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
People thought the Stempniak signing was good (they didn't know how good it would turn out to be, but I doubt even Shero did) and some even predicted that it might turn out to be a steal, which it has been. There were more question marks about Schlemko, because people worried about him potentially taking development time away from our young defensemen, but most people have admitted that they were wrong about that.

It doesn't really matter what people thought at the beginning of the year, though. Fans aren't running the team. Shero is, and fortunately Shero made the right choice with signing Schlemko and Stempniak.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well Stempniak wasn't blocking anyone. There was more hand wringing over Schlemko cause some thought he'd block the young D-men. Really he hasn't blocked anyone other than Gelinas who's been terrible anyway.

Camille the Eel

It was just so good to beat the Rangers. Whatever happens from here on, last night was fun.

Hearing some part of the crowd chanting "Lets Go Rangers" last night, and making "Zoooo" noises when Zuchariello carried the puck was so annoying. So kicking the Rangers rear ends and sending all of those folks home with that to brood about, how good was that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we lose to Columbus again, I seriously quit.

I might quit at watching hockey until next season.

What a joke that team is, they don't even have a real NHL caliber head coach. I don't see much else in their current lineup either.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I might quit at watching hockey until next season.

What a joke that team is, they don't even have a real NHL caliber head coach. I don't see much else in their current lineup either.

a perennial joke.

also why im a bit steamed seeing another one (the panthers) where they are in the standings right now……and that spacey thing.

ya, trying too hard……stick to the rats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad