GDT: All Aboard the Positive Train! Rangers @ Your New Jersey Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly we were due for some breaks vis-a-vis the refs after the last two games. This is just an inconsistent league. On a night where almost nothing gets called for either side they get victimized on a bit of an oddity that doesn't even hurt them on the scoreboard (though it did hurt them losing Miller).

That was 100% the correct call though. Even if we ended it on the major they have nothing to complain about in regard to the call. Rule is clear cut. You can't fight with tape and injure a guy. Miller's hand was taped and Kalinin got cut.

So if they think they got screwed on that call someone mail them a rulebook.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
That would be correct :laugh:

We did get dominated in the game but still zero power play chances is a little...rare.

Exactly, and the Devils dominated the Rangers in this game.

36-19 in Shots
52-39 in Corsi
46-25 in Fenwick

So shouldn't this mean we're even? :sarcasm:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
We need two vets on this D to help them develop. resigning a guy you trade is rare, odds are its not happening.

Definitely don't do it for a 2nd. He is more value to helping the defense for a few years then one 2nd.

Coyotes did it with Vermette last year. I disagree - at 29, he's a great part of the defense, but guys like Moore and Larsson can take a bigger role as vets. You have Severson and Merrill maturing as well.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I would very much so give up Boucher and a 1st for JvR. That is a steal for NJ in my mind. Signed 2 more years after this season, and is also a big boy from NJ.

JvR is so overrated everywhere and always.

He's hurt this year so he didn't get to put together his -30 zero-point disappearing act like last year.

Whoever we would get for a 1st + Boosh > JvR.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I would very much so give up Boucher and a 1st for JvR. That is a steal for NJ in my mind. Signed 2 more years after this season, and is also a big boy from NJ.

You'd give up a potential lottery pick and a Boucher for a complimentary, one-dimensional winger? Wow...

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
6 of 8 points against the Rangers. They may beat us in the standings, but we took care of them this season. Such a great feeling. That Schneider paddle stop in the second was unreal. Here's to our upcoming four game win streak :cheers:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
6 of 8 points against the Rangers. They may beat us in the standings, but we took care of them this season. Such a great feeling. That Schneider paddle stop in the second was unreal. Here's to our upcoming four game win streak :cheers:

I want to boot them out of the playoffs so keep winning so Cory can stonewall them to the golf course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad