GDT: All Aboard the Positive Train! Rangers @ Your New Jersey Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Just shaking head. He is young, he is coming along nice, he adds to this team speed and a shooter. WE ARE REBUILDING Why would he be trade bait.

Because I have convinced myself in my head we are packaging him with a 1st and something else to get JVR:laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Win-win-win tonight.

Devils win.
Rags fans whine
Rags fans spend lots of money at The Rock tonight on tickets/concessions.

3 wins outta 4 games vs them

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Win-win-win tonight.

Devils win.
Rags fans whine
Rags fans spend lots of money at The Rock tonight on tickets/concessions.

3 wins outta 4 games vs them

There were like a few hundred people left in the stands by the start of Deb's postgame interview with Stempniak and maybe fifty left by the end of it, between all the Ranger fans getting out of dodge and the Devil fans that also left early to beat the traffic/because it's a weeknight/whatever. I've never seen it that empty for the postgame interview though, even on a weekday :laugh:

We really needed that win cause it could have been (and looked early as if it would be) real embarassing considering there was a majority of Ranger fans. Basically entire lower sections were blue states and even around my general vicinity it was basically all Ranger fans. I don't even think the blue/red ratio was as bad for last year's home finale or Game 5 2008.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I see a Ranger fan on Facebook who is re-watching the game right now counting all the calls the refs missed on the Devils. He's up to 5!!!!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly we were due for some breaks vis-a-vis the refs after the last two games. This is just an inconsistent league. On a night where almost nothing gets called for either side they get victimized on a bit of an oddity that doesn't even hurt them on the scoreboard (though it did hurt them losing Miller).

Group Chat Legend*

Noooooooooo Thank you a first and Boosh?

I would very much so give up Boucher and a 1st for JvR. That is a steal for NJ in my mind. Signed 2 more years after this season, and is also a big boy from NJ.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Noooooooooo Thank you a first and Boosh?

Wrong thread for this but it's a no brainer, there's a huge drop off after the top 10 in the draft and Boosh wouldn't even be a top 6 player for us. We have Zacha, Quenneville and Wood knocking on the NHL's door. Add JVR and a UFA like Okposo and this is a great team. JVR is big and scores goals, he fills our two biggest needs and he's young. We are also a lot further along to contention than we originally thought.

Cammalleri-Henrique-Okposo
JVR-Zajac-Palmieri
Blandisi-Zacha-Stempniak

Cups brah :sarcasm:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I see a Ranger fan on Facebook who is re-watching the game right now counting all the calls the refs missed on the Devils. He's up to 5!!!!

Tell him it's not the playoffs yet. There will be more than enough time for their crying about how much the NHL hates them (which makes no sense but ya gotta blame someone when the world's greatest team in the best arena ever only has 1 cup in a bajillion years)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Rags usually get all of the calls.

They should be the last fanbase to whine about officiating.
But then again its always been a delusional group.

Always great to see the Devils defeat them.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA

Im re-watching to see how many great opportunities we missed Im up to three so far. They are lucky that game was not 8-0 with Hank on the bench flinging towels off his shoulder.:laugh:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Lou won't trade JVR. He's a better Zajac and knowing Lou, he won't trade that.

Unless it got him Cory Schneider? :sarcasm:

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
There were like a few hundred people left in the stands by the start of Deb's postgame interview with Stempniak and maybe fifty left by the end of it, between all the Ranger fans getting out of dodge and the Devil fans that also left early to beat the traffic/because it's a weeknight/whatever. I've never seen it that empty for the postgame interview though, even on a weekday :laugh:

We really needed that win cause it could have been (and looked early as if it would be) real embarassing considering there was a majority of Ranger fans. Basically entire lower sections were blue states and even around my general vicinity it was basically all Ranger fans. I don't even think the blue/red ratio was as bad for last year's home finale or Game 5 2008.

I don't know how you or anyone else does it. Outside of the 2012 playoffs and the Stadium Series game, I haven't been to a Devils / Rangers game in about 7 years. After the 2008 playoffs I was just done with that scene. Not worth the trouble. I just can't deal with them and even if NJ wins the game, it's basically always a miserable experience having to deal with some of those idiots. You couldn't pay me to sit through these games.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Ahhhhh listen to the *******s with their Lets Go Rangers chants. How that work for you Rags fans.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't know how you or anyone else does it. Outside of the 2012 playoffs and the Stadium Series game, I haven't been to a Devils / Rangers game in about 7 years. After the 2008 playoffs I was just done with that scene. Not worth the trouble. I just can't deal with them and even if NJ wins the game, it's basically always a miserable experience having to deal with some of those idiots. You literally couldn't pay me to sit through these games.

I was there Feb 2 and it was awesome walking out of The Rock postgame with the LGD chants, Cory's Better chants, etc.

2012 playoffs was vast majority NJD fans which was great too, especially the infamous Game 6.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The game three weeks ago was definitely a better atmosphere, though there were a lot of Ranger fans it wasn't nearly the majority it was tonight.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Rangers are going nowhere in the playoffs with that defense. Yes they were without McDonagh and Staal, but even with them in the lineup their defense still sucks.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I was there Feb 2 and it was awesome walking out of The Rock postgame with the LGD chants, Cory's Better chants, etc.

2012 playoffs was vast majority NJD fans which was great too, especially the infamous Game 6.

It's nice after a win, but you have to get there first. I guess everyone is different but I completely lost patience with them. The Devils could be up 6 - 0 and they would still annoy the **** out of me.

2012 playoffs were awesome. Wish it could always be like that.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I don't know how you or anyone else does it. Outside of the 2012 playoffs and the Stadium Series game, I haven't been to a Devils / Rangers game in about 7 years. After the 2008 playoffs I was just done with that scene. Not worth the trouble. I just can't deal with them and even if NJ wins the game, it's basically always a miserable experience having to deal with some of those idiots. You couldn't pay me to sit through these games.

Me too. I give up my season ticket to someone thats a Devils fan for those games, usually my mom lol. I can't do it. The complete ignorance and lack of hockey knowledge spewing from their fans just makes it extremely unenjoyable.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
One Ranger fan was trying to taunt people in 120 by saying 'Where's Scott Stevens when you need him?'...shortly before our game-tying PP goal :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad