Player Discussion Alexis Lafrenière

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Was going to say: too late to send him down? Not because he doesn’t look good — just to protect him from Quinn until DQ gets fired.

Lafreniere would have to return to the QMJHL, since that league is actually having games, unlike the OHL and WHL.

But Lafreniere isn't getting sent back to juniors. He will get his first goal eventually, and we will all breathe a sigh of relief until we realize it just starts a new agonizing wait :laugh:

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Lafreniere would have to return to the QMJHL, since that league is actually having games, unlike the OHL and WHL.

But Lafreniere isn't getting sent back to juniors. He will get his first goal eventually, and we will all breathe a sigh of relief until we realize it just starts a new agonizing wait :laugh:
Isn’t that the truth? :laugh:

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Ill just add to that the coaches a lot of these kids had growing up stunk way worse than Quinn. All a bad coach does is delay growth and maybe stunt some specific areas if Done young enough (Pre-draft)

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
I bet you could find a 4 game stretch where McDavid or Crosby or Ovechkin or whoever else went without scoring a point.

He didn't have the best game this time around, but he's looked good. The points will come.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Laf is clearly struggling with the speed of the game. Playing 2 different positions on 3 different lines in his first 4 games can't be helping.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
My only issue with him is he needs to be aggressive and shoot! I want to see him take over on the ice not pass up opportunities. IDK if this is a Rangers thing or Quinn thing. But our young guys always look afraid to shoot.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
He looks a little bit like Kakko last year. Struggling with the speed of the NHL and not as strong on the puck as anticipated. He loses a lot of puck battles. I imagine he will have a similar season to Kakko last year, but I think he's the type of player that will have a bigger leap into his 2nd year than Kakko did.

But please can we get these kids a skating coach for the next off-season?? Kakko, Chytil, and Laf all could improve their first step a bit.

Reactions: mas0764

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
My only issue with him is he needs to be aggressive and shoot! I want to see him take over on the ice not pass up opportunities. IDK if this is a Rangers thing or Quinn thing. But our young guys always look afraid to shoot.

This becomes an issue when you are playing with veterans. Laf doesn't want to be selfish while playing with Kreider and Mika, two guys that have been in the league a long time. Notice how the PDG-Chytil-Kakko line doesn't have the same pressure. I imagine as the season continues vets will keep telling him to just shoot the puck.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
It's really no different to when Ryan Strome does it so I'm sure the coach is harping on everyone to not try for "perfect" when you already have a really good scoring chance. At the same time - this isn't a very fast team, this isn't a team that's tight defensively at all, they have size but they don't have NHL experience so they probably won't be a tough team or a SCF Kings-style possession team for a while. So especially this year, the team's identity is going to be skill, pretty passing plays and east-west stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad