Player Discussion Alexis Lafrenière

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Hey kid, your a LW on 3, now your a RW on 2, now you a LW on 1. --- 3 games in.

Not that I don't think this may work, yet WTF?

If by period two or whatever if it does not seem to be working, then what? Center?

I'm not a coach but if they make this move no matter what, they should leave him there, for if not it becomes yanking him around in the same haphazard method they have been.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Soon we won’t have positions or lines. Quinn’s system will finally be revealed. He just taps random players and they jump over the boards.

May see Strome, Zib, Chytil, Kreider and Lindgren, may see Miller, Johnson, Fox, Howden and PDG. Kakko and Gauthier get the least taps though.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Soon we won’t have positions or lines. Quinn’s system will finally be revealed. He just taps random players and they jump over the boards.

May see Strome, Zib, Chytil, Kreider and Lindgren, may see Miller, Johnson, Fox, Howden and PDG. Kakko and Gauthier get the least taps though.

Pulls 5 names out of a bag.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If you have issues with coaches line juggling then you have an issue with every coach in the league. Quinn is one of the least frequent line jugglers there is.

Reactions: Inferno

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
If you have issues with coaches line juggling then you have an issue with every coach in the league. Quinn is one of the least frequent line jugglers there is.

Stop injecting facts while people are frothing.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Can't wait to see how he looks with Zib and Kreider. They to me are perfect linemates for him if Kreider can adjust to the right.

didn't Kreider play RW for team USA in those tournaments? I know bigger ice surface but I think he has a little experience at RW

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
There are legit reasons he's not scored yet. First game was a cluster***k for the whole team.
And then 2 games with arguably the rangers worst player on the ice Ryan strome.

I love the decision to move him up with mika. I'd probably have put buch on that line but either is fine.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
There are legit reasons he's not scored yet. First game was a cluster***k for the whole team.

I love the decision to move him up with mika. I'd probably have put buch on that line but either is fine.

I feel like he was right there a few times. And frankly I've felt that way about a lot of our younger talent, which is one reason I am not terribly concerned about them. They don't look overmatched.

If anything, it's the veterans that are making me raise an eyebrow.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

I’ve been calling for Lafreniere playing next to Mika since the ping pong ball showed the Ranger emblem.

Reactions: Rongomania

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
didn't Kreider play RW for team USA in those tournaments? I know bigger ice surface but I think he has a little experience at RW
Not sure, but it is not a lot to hang your hat on. He has been overwhelmingly LW. Much as I disagree with the viewpoint that changing positions is no big deal, I think that in Kreider's case it should be explored. He is a lefty so switching to the right side has it's advantages.

I will say that if he can make it work on the right, that opens up A LOT of possibilities.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
I normally hate his line juggling but in Laf's case - try him everywhere and find him his best spot don't have any issue with him getting different looks. His hockey sense/vision combined with the speed (and overall talent obviously but I think that's the biggest diff with that line v. Panarin) of Kreids and Mika could really be something special. I see a few breakaways coming tonight from both of them set up by Laf.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
He gives the most stereotypical hockey interview answers, I find it hilarious. Not that I blame him, i'm sure once he's been around a little longer he'll feel more comfortable being a little more elaborate.

Reactions: Rongomania

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Just a matter of time for this kid. Probably the first time he’s even faced adversity. Kid has dominated at all levels and has never struggled. Good for him to struggle a bit. Will make him work harder and become even better.

Reactions: jellybeans

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Why are we playing this guy with Zibanejad and Kreider today? First off, Kreider is playing out of position on RW. He's been purely a LW in the NHL for over 500 games. It's a bit unfair to expect him to be able to play correctly positionally. I can see lots of scenarios where Lafreniere has the puck tonight and looks to dish it to the RW only to find Kreider lost his position. Second, I'd really like to see him play with more of a playmaker. Someone who can bring the puck in the zone and make plays. Zibanejad is more of a shooter. So now we're expecting Lafreniere to have to carry the load on the line with regards to zone entries and playmaking? That's a bit much for a 19 year old rookie in his fourth game.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Not really concerned about his first goal or scoring goals in general. We're Rangers fans, we all know he's not going to score until May. :laugh:

What's really impressed me so far—particularly in game #2—is how comfortable he's looked: skating hard, covering ice, being in good spots more/less (i.e. not lost on the ice), playing defense, making a couple of plays on offense. Honestly, game #2 from Lafreniere blew me away, and that's like 1% of his potential lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad