Recalled/Assigned: Alexandre Fortin

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If that is the case there are bigger issues.
agreed, but it does seem odd that Kunitz keeps starting on an opposite line than these two when he clearly belongs on the 4th line...I am sure all 3 have played together during a game, but it seems starting them together is something they are actively avoiding IMO.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
this is an honest question - are they avoiding putting these 3 together because of what some might call their line??
As somebody considerably left of center that would be a face palm worthy level of unbridled pc nonsense.

When it comes to Q not putting lines together that make sense, let’s apply Occam’s Razor. I REALLY don’t think it’s a white nationalist thing.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Powers reported Q said he expects Fortin to play tomorrow.

Blackhawks lines at practice today:
DeBrincat-Toews-Kahun
Saad-Schmaltz-Kane
Kunitz-Anisimov-Fortin
Hayden-Kruger-Kampf

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
As somebody considerably left of center that would be a face palm worthy level of unbridled pc nonsense.

When it comes to Q not putting lines together that make sense, let’s apply Occam’s Razor. I REALLY don’t think it’s a white nationalist thing.
bolded- sorry for your soul....:laugh:

and to my point, it is an era of PC nonsense, if this line gets put together you don't think people will be calling it the KKK line??? You don't think the Hawks would like to simply avoid that nonsense and just start Kunitz on the third line and roll him into the 4th during gameplay?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If you’re making hockey decisions based on that this team needs a serious enema.
unfortunately, you have to be careful with everything you say or do now, a simple line created like this could cause a problem. now I want to believe that Q is just inept and keeps putting Kunitz on the third line because he thinks the year is 2014, but I suspect it might be a little more than that, but who knows until we see the trio listed together we won't know what the reactions will be.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
bolded- sorry for your soul....:laugh:

and to my point, it is an era of PC nonsense, if this line gets put together you don't think people will be calling it the KKK line??? You don't think the Hawks would like to simply avoid that nonsense and just start Kunitz on the third line and roll him into the 4th during gameplay?
I try to be sensitive to others in context. I get why people don't like the Washington Football Team's nickname. However, calling it the Kunitz - Kruger - Kampf line ... "KKK" is on us, not the Hawks or Q. Plus, none of the players were born in the United States. Who the heck cares?!?! If the idiots want to call it the KKK Line, so be it. Most normal people will cringe because it would be terribly unfair to the players in context. If it was a comedy show, it's a different story.

Personally, I'll call them the "QQQ Line," players favored by Q who are prejudice against good hockey (although I do like Kruger).

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I try to be sensitive to others in context. I get why people don't like the Washington Football Team's nickname. However, calling it the Kunitz - Kruger - Kampf line ... "KKK" is on us, not the Hawks or Q. Plus, none of the players were born in the United States. Who the heck cares?!?! If the idiots want to call it the KKK Line, so be it. Most normal people will cringe because it would be terribly unfair to the players in context. If it was a comedy show, it's a different story.

Personally, I'll call them the "QQQ Line," players favored by Q who are prejudice against good hockey (although I do like Kruger)

hahahaha, that made me crack up...too good.

to be honest, this organization is run pretty much by McDonough , you know Mr. Marketing and Promotions...I seriously doubt he even wants any idiot on a computer or pundit calling any line on this team with a kkk nickname...but I am all for the QQQ line, that is Gold!

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Kunitz playing every game is ridiculous, that plug should never play more than two of four games.

The guy was washed up even before he signed with the bolts last year.

He is doing nothing but blocking the development of a youngster and making the team slower and older when it needs to be faster and younger

Q at his finest, access the common sense were born with Q!

Reactions: BHFAN92

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Imo people are overreacting about Kunitz now. Like poster before me.

Sikura will eventually be in the lineup in 3rd line and if Hayden shows what he has done in previous games, he will be too. And that will bump Kunitz to 4th line.

But Sikura hasnt show anything and Hayden is playing with guys who Q really likes.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Imo people are overreacting about Kunitz now. Like poster before me.

Sikura will eventually be in the lineup in 3rd line and if Hayden shows what he has done in previous games, he will be too. And that will bump Kunitz to 4th line.

But Sikura hasnt show anything and Hayden is playing with guys who Q really likes.

and what good is kunitz on the 4th line? He is slow and that is NOT what is needed on a checking line or anywhere else for that matter. The combination of Kunitz and AA on the same line must make opposition coaches salivate

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
and what good is kunitz on the 4th line? He is slow and that is NOT what is needed on a checking line or anywhere else for that matter. The combination of Kunitz and AA on the same line must make opposition coaches salivate

Has he really been that slow?

migi

Feb 25, 2015

He isnt slower than Kämpf/Krüger and I bet you are slotting them there too.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He isnt slower than Kämpf/Krüger and I bet you are slotting them there too.

kruger is slow but at least he has some value in his defensive abilities, winning draws and despite being slow is still decent on the PK, Kampf I can live with or without, he does nothing good and nothing bad, he is redundant IMO and could be replaced with any number of guys in Rockford

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He hasn't. By no means do I think he has been good but I can't hate on what he has done as a vet playing for basically minimum.

that is your opinion and I respect that, IMO it makes no sense to have a player like that blocking playing time from and thus the development of a youngster.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
that is your opinion and I respect that, IMO it makes no sense to have a player like that blocking playing time from and thus the development of a youngster.

Ideally he is on the 4th line so he shouldn't be blocking anyone but Q is doing Q things.

Reactions: migi

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
kruger is slow but at least he has some value in his defensive abilities, winning draws and despite being slow is still decent on the PK, Kampf I can live with or without, he does nothing good and nothing bad, he is redundant IMO and could be replaced with any number of guys in Rockford

It's ony 3 games in, hence I haven't said much but tbh, Kampf has been disappointing. I won't be surprised if he sits tomorrow, ahead of Kunitz, Kruger or Johnson.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ideally he is on the 4th line so he shouldn't be blocking anyone but Q is doing Q things.
I really wouldn't classify anyone except Anisimov as anything more than a 4th liner in our bottom 6 or press box. All of them should be on the 4th line if the team had any depth.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I really wouldn't classify anyone except Anisimov as anything more than a 4th liner in our bottom 6 or press box. All of them should be on the 4th line if the team had any depth.
Agree. Hope Fortin can add some pizzazz to the bottom 6 by utilizing his speed.. They're certainly a dull lot right now.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
Fortin in very limited time looked noticeable to me. I didnt see him make mistakes. He looked fast, took shots, saw him back checking. He needs to be on a line with a playmaker. Would love to See Anismov move up to Kane's line and Schmaltz move down to play with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad